8/7/17

Lace Cami + Catching Up

|
Today is my first day back from vacation and I have no doubt it's going to be one of those Mondays that give Monday a bad reputation! On the plus side, it's nice to be home again so I'll just stay focused on the positive and power through the post vacation to-do list. Just a simple outfit post for today as I get back into the swing of things here!

Sweater: Abercrombie (More sizes) | Top: Abercrombie | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Shorts: Target (Similar 50% off) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o SheIn

I've worn the lace cami + cardigan combo in the past (e.g. here) and I've been seeing it pop up in my feed a lot lately which reminded me to wear it again with a different color scheme! This cami runs true to size and has adjustable straps which I really liked since it helped me get a better fit. It is very thin and lightweight, making the white version somewhat sheer. It does come in six other colors (like olive and burgundy which would be great for fall), so if you are worried about it being too sheer you may want to opt for some of the darker colors.

This cardigan also runs true to size, although it's the summer/lightweight version so sizes are limited at this point. They do have a newer version for fall that I checked out in store. The color looks identical to mine but just a slightly thicker fabric.

Front View:
Sweater: Abercrombie (More sizes) | Top: Abercrombie | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Shorts: Target (Similar 50% off) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o SheIn

Monday Motivation: Playing Catch Up
Once again, my motivational focus this week is on the lighter side. As much as I love setting long-term goals and trying to become my best self, sometimes all that just takes a backseat to staying on top of everyday life tasks. Tomorrow is my monthly Book Reviews post, so one of my main goals for today is tackling that post so it's ready to go tomorrow. (For past reviews go to Book Reviews under Categories at the Navigation bar up top!) Then I'll be finishing unpacking, catching up on laundry, and restocking the fridge ASAP. As for the rest of the week, I have to start prepping for back to school! We start in a couple of weeks and I need to get a few things ordered or lined up so my kids are ready to go.

So that's about as deep as it gets today! Let me know if you're interested in a trip recap from last week (we went to Cannon Beach, Oregon) and I can work on putting one together. I did a very simple recap when we went a couple of years ago (see it here), but we did a lot more activities this time, and several were new to us so if it sounds helpful for your future trip plans or just interesting in general let me know!

I hope your week gets off to a good start and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!


Linking up with:
Monday: Rachelle | CaryleeLaura | Karen

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. I love this cami and sweater combo, it's so cute. I would love to see a recap of your trip, Portland looks amazing.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! I will definitely do the recap!

      Delete
  2. Very cute combo! I will be thinking of you today! This feeling of coming back from vacation is basically how I've been feeling since June. Ha!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly amazed at how well you handle your frequent travel schedule! Your post today was comforting...it's nice to hear it gets to you too!

      Delete
  3. I would love to read a trip recap! I really enjoy your travel posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback. I'm thinking I can put it together for next Monday [8.14.17]. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute combo! I've always wanted to travel to Oregon so I'd love a recap post!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I'm thinking I will get it posted next Monday.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute combo! Long cardigans over a cami is always a good idea. And yes to a trip recap! I want the scoop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes always to trip recaps! lol. i was very intrigued by your packing for this trip. and seriously yes sometimes you just gotta say bye felicia to goals and just keep everyone alive and the house not burning down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sweater cami combo is cute and will be perfect for the transitional weather. I totally understand that goal for this week. After a crazy week of work last week, I'm just trying to get back on track as well. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look for those cooler days! I often grab a cardigan if I am running errands because stores are so cold! And I like the juxtaposition of the lace on the cami and your distressed shorts! This is a cute look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!