7/31/17

Striped Cold Shoulder Top + Fall 2017 Color Trends

|
Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was fun and busy with a good mix of activities for kids, family and time with friends. I love all the summer events and social activities, but it would also be nice if people spread them out a little more throughout the year! I thought moving to San Diego would solve this first-world problem since our weather can accommodate a lot of activities year round, but that hasn't been the case. Summer is still the most social, event-filled season here by far. My outfit is neither here nor there, though! It's just what I wore to my dentist appointment last week.

Top: Charming Charlie | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Charming Charlie | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: c/o Charmed Stacks (Get 10% off with code onthedailyx) | Ring: c/o Kendra Scott ("Daisy" via Color Bar)

This top runs true to size and is very soft and comfortable. I still end up wearing a strapless bra with it because even though the shoulder straps are wide enough to cover regular bra straps, mine don't seem to want to stay put exactly under the shirt.

My sandals only come in whole sizes, but I'm normally a 7.5 and the 7 worked great for me. I do think the color name and representation online is a bit off. The color name is "Ivory," which his how they look in the stock photo. But to my eyes in real life they're more of a cool grey-ish taupe. Luckily it wasn't a deal breaker for me and they're still neutral enough to go with plenty of things.

Front View:
Top: Charming Charlie | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Charming Charlie | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: c/o Charmed Stacks (Get 10% off with code onthedailyx)

Monday Motivation: Planning for Fall Transition
Most weeks I talk about self-improvement and slightly more serious, reflective topics in my Monday Motivation segment. But this week, I'm in the mood for something lighter. My main motivational challenge this week will be packing for vacation (one of my least favorite tasks), and after that I'll be relaxing on the Oregon Coast, which really doesn't require a lot of motivation!

I didn't stock up on Fall staples at the Nordstrom sale, but am at least mentally starting to plan my early fall wardrobe. Around this time every year I adjust my shopping habits so that anything I purchase now can transition into Fall.

With that in mind, I looked up some Fall color trends to see if there are lighter weight pieces or accessories I can start adding now. According to Pantone, these were the Fall 2017 color trends at New York Fashion Week:


I already have a few things in my closet in these shades, although I don't have anything along the lines of "Shaded Spruce" and I like that color a lot so I'd love to add something in that shade. Golden Lime and Autumn Maple won't flatter my skin tone so I'll skip those. Do you all have any hits, misses and favorites from this list?


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. twany port, ballet slippers and butterrum are my fave so happy to see pink is still aroung. I would love a blush pink sweatshirt. I'm sure you'll have a great time on vacation and love the outfit you wore to the dentist.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lovind stripes more and more! And they are so easy to combine with other prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that the burgundy, navy and pink are sticking around! I haven't been in Charming Charlie's in ages. Your striped top is so cute and I love those sandals!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top row in the Pantone swatches has my name all over! I love blush and burgundy and our Fall Stella line pairs them in some of our new jewelry. Very excited to try that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about the Pantone fall colors! I have most of them already in my closet and might branch out into the grenadine and autumn maple. I like that there are some brighter colors mixed in with the traditional neutrals and jewel tones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This top is just so cute! I am loving those fall colors...that green is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes on you! Some of those fall colours seem a little bright for fall no? nice colours tho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top is so cute! Shaded spruce is my favorite color of fall 2017. I can't wait to see what you get in that color. My wallet isn't going to be happy with all of those pretty colors for fall!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your top and bracelets! Thanks for joining in on the Style File Link Up today!!

    -Karen
    http://LadyinViolet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!