7/28/17

Outfit Recap 7/27/17

|
Well hello again friends and thanks for stopping by today! It's Friday and as usual I'm recapping some of the outfits I wore this week that haven't made it to the blog yet. Plus I try to add a little sizing info on current pieces to help you streamline the buy/return/exchange process in case you're like me and like that to be as hassle-free as possible! Nothing too exciting going on here this week! I had a dentist appointment for myself and a second doctor appointment for my son to try solve the mystery of his never-ending cough, plus the usual household stuff, errands, laundry, and blogging. So here's what I wore to tackle all of those glamorous (not!) activities.


Crochet Scallop Tee, Black Jeans:
Tee: c/o SheIn  | Necklace: c/o Amazon | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sam Edelman (Similar, Similar) | Bag: c/o Amazon

I'm trying to build up my "dressy tee" collection and this one fits that description perfectly. I am wearing a size Small here and I think it runs true to size. (For all of my tips on sizing and how to order from SheIn see this post). I didn't want this to be tight in the body so I went up one size from what I normally get at Express, but if you're wanting a more fitted look get your normal size.

These jeans also run true to size and are a great staple. I do end up replacing them every couple of years since they fade after dozens of wears and washes, but never before I feel like I got my money's worth out of them!

Denim Jacket, Black Chino Shorts:
Distressed Denim Jacket: Nordstrom | Tank: Target | Shorts: J Crew FactoryNecklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: c/o Amazon | Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Similar)

While I didn't buy anything from the #Nsale, I did get this jacket from Nordstrom during the sale...it just wasn't part of the sale! But this is my very favorite brand of denim jackets and my third one from this line. The fit, length, and soft stretchy fabric are my very favorite. For someone who didn't own a denim jacket at all just over a year ago I'm finally officially converted!

These shorts from J Crew Factory also run true to size. I haven't been into colored Chino Shorts as much this summer as I was in the past, but I do still like my classic black and white pairs!

Blue Striped Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Watch: Tommy Hilfiger (Similar)

This tee from Abercrombie is one of my top two t-shirts this summer. They have several cute striped options and lots of staple solid colors as well. I stocked up on a a few of these options during a recent sale so you'll be seeing me in more of these in the future! I'm wearing a Small in this for a relaxed fit. (And in case you missed it, you can find my other favorite Summer tee in this post.)


Black Tee, Black Striped Pom Pom Shorts:
Tee: Express | Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie | Shorts: c/o Romwe | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Target | Bracelets: c/o Charmed Stacks (10% off with code onthedailyx)

These shorts are only $7, but please note they do run small. I sized up one size which gave me plenty of room in the stomach, but they are still fitted on my thighs and I would have preferred a more relaxed fit there.

These sandals are really comfortable (nice padded foot bed and the straps across the feet are soft and don't irritate my feet). They also run true-to-size. They're a perfect dupe of the Steve Madden slides, but way more affordable. They originally came in black as well, but the black just sold out and I have a feeling this color will go fast as well so I wouldn't hesitate too long if you're thinking about these!

Pink Peplum Cami, White Shorts:
Top: Amazon | Shorts: Abercrombie | Shoes: Charming Charlie | Bag: c/o SheIn | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bracelets: c/o Charming Charlie | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott

This cami is probably my favorite Amazon clothing purchase to date! It comes in Small - XL and has is very comfy and stretchy. I am wearing a Small above and it fits similar to a size XS in brands like Express or Target (women's...not Juniors).

In previous reviews of these shorts I've said that the run a bit large. I did not size down because I didn't want them to be fitted, but if after wearing them a few times now I think I probably should have because they do stretch a bit with wear and get too loose in the waist. They're still only $16 so if you don't have a pair yet, these are well worth it!

Instagram View:
In my opinion, mirror selfies do a better job of showing how clothes fit, and many of you seem to prefer that view based on feedback I get! But when I can, I still like to throw in the top-view selfies that I post on Instagram because I think they give a much better look at jewelry, shoes, and accessories! So here are the same four outfits as shown above, different POV.

Crochet Scallop Tee, Black Jeans:
Tee: c/o SheIn  | Necklace: c/o Amazon | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sam Edelman (Similar, Similar) | Bag: c/o Amazon | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bracelets: c/o Charming Charlie

Denim Jacket, Black Chino Shorts:
Distressed Denim Jacket: Nordstrom | Tank: Target | Shorts: J Crew FactoryNecklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: c/o Amazon | Shoes: Jessica Simpson (Similar) | Ring: c/o Kendra Scott ("Daisy" with white drusy via Color Bar) | Nails: Essie Blanc

Blue Striped Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Necklace: Amazon | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Watch: Tommy Hilfiger (Similar)

Black Tee, Black Striped Pom Pom Shorts:
Tee: Express | Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie | Shorts: c/o Romwe | Bag: c/o Amazon | Sandals: Target | Bracelets: c/o Charmed Stacks (10% off with code onthedailyx)

Pink Peplum Cami, White Shorts:
Top: Amazon | Shorts: Abercrombie | Shoes: Charming Charlie | Bag: c/o SheIn | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Bracelets: c/o Charming Charlie | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Nails: Essie Blanc

And that does it for today! I've got a fun, busy weekend planned (you read all about that and a lot of other things going on around here in this post) and I hope you have a good one too! See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. I like your post. That's my style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Summer time, shorts time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these looks and all your bags, I try to have a small bag collection so I can't buy too many, but they are all so cute.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute looks!! I really love those black shorts!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the denim shorts for a casual look!

    Liv

    http://livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looks all around! Also, your shoe collection is just on point girl!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the Pom shorts! That entire outfit is so cute, especially with the pearl slides. I've thought about getting a pair but I have too many sandals...right?! Trying to convince myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want those Target sandals!! I have almost ordered them several times, but I have a narrow foot and things are often wide on me. I wish our local store had them. I have been trying to build up my dressy tee collection too. Love that first top on you. Those shorts are fun too! Hope you get some answers about your son. Have a good weekend friend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your turquoise necklace really caught my eye! I've been wanting a layered turquoise necklace just like that and ordered one from ebay but it didn't work out. Yours is an amazing price! I will have to put that one on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much cuteness in this post! I love that blue striped tee and those black stripe shorts! Honestly I would wear all of these outfits head to toe! As always!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that pink peplum tank and just added it to my Amazon cart! Great roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea behind this post! Your outfits are amazing!
    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pom pom shorts are ridiculously cute! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the top with the broad lace trim. So romantic, but still grown up. Thanks for joining the Ageless Style Linkup party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!