7/21/17

Outfit Recap 7/21/17

|
Hello and happy Friday! As usual I'm sharing a recap of my everyday outfits from the past week. The most dressed-up I needed to get this week was for a lunch with my blogger friends Carylee, Audrey, and Noelle yesterday! That was a highlight of the week for sure, but I wasn't able to include that outfit or any fun details about the lunch in today's recap so I'll have to do it next week. Aside from that it was just more summertime casual comfort!

Outfit Recap:

One Shoulder Top, Pink Sandals:
Top: Abercrombie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Ring: c/o Kendra Scott (Daisy via Color Bar) |  Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks [Save 10% with code onthedailyx]

This top runs true to size (I'm wearing an XS) and comes in several different colors. It's also been on mega-sale this week, but I'm not sure if that will last through today's post or not. I'm finding I much prefer one-shoulder or cold-shoulder tops to off-the-shoulder tops because they are just so much more functional! I've banned myself from buying any more OTS tops at this point. I do have a couple that I really like, except when I have to move my arms to do things like drive a car, reach for groceries on the shelf, take an outfit selfie, prepare food, etc. etc. Ha!

Camo Jacket, Jean Shorts:
Jacket: Express (40% off) | Tank: Target | Shorts: Target | Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie | Bag: c/o Amazon | Shoes: c/o Amazon

This jacket is the reason Express stays on my list of go-to stores! It is the perfect lightweight layering piece that will take me from Summer to early Fall. It's very soft and comfortable, runs true-to-size (I'm wearing an XS) and is currently 40% off.

Grey V Neck Tee, White Shorts:
Tee: Nordstrom | Shorts: Abercrombie | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Sandals: Nordstrom |

I've posted quite a lot about this t-shirt this summer (see several other outfits in other colors of this tee here and here) so I'll just keep it simple here and say it runs true to size and obviously I am still loving it this summer!

Beige Jacket, Olive Tank:
Jacket: c/o SheIn | Tank: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shorts: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil (Similar, Budget Option)

I have a little DIY update on this jacket! I posted this outfit on Wednesday along with all of my SheIn shopping and sizing tips (go here for that post), but I didn't break down the details for this outfit and didn't share the DIY details since it didn't fit in with the context of that post. This jacket does run true to size and I'm wearing an XS here (same as I wear in jackets from Express, Gap or Target.)

If you click the product link for this, you'll see that there's a long piece of sheer ivory fabric hanging attached to the bottom of the jacket. (Or you might remember it from the last time I wore this with jeans in this post.) I've been debating whether to cut off that sheer fabric or not. I wasn't loving it, but I wasn't sure how it would look without it or if it would mess up the proportions. So instead of cutting it off, for now I have secured it up inside the jacket instead with some Hollywood Fashion Tape and carefully hidden safety pins. Unfortunately I still haven't decided if I want to make the final cut. I think I need to try it one more time (both with the fabric up and down) with jeans to see how I feel about the proportions.

Pink V Neck Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Gap | Shorts: Target | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Sandals: Sam Edelman (Current Color options)

I cannot remember the exact color name of my t-shirt here, but it does run true to size (I'm wearing an XS) and there are similar or exact current colors still in stock. My shorts run true to size as well and I've been reaching for them a lot (see them with my camo jacket above) since they are really soft, comfortable and stretchy.

Tips, Toes, Tan:
Here are the products on my skin and nails in the photos above!

Nail Polish: This is a very pretty white with just a hint of pink and shimmer (it's not nearly as pink as it looks in the bottle pictured). I use three coats with no base coat for an opaque look.

Similar Pedicure Color: My exact pedicure color is Essie "Jewel in the Crown. It's no longer in stores but you can find it on eBay. I compared my pedicure color to this polish in store and they are almost identical to my eye.

Quick Dry Top Coat: I usually do my nails at night (about an hour before I want to go to sleep) and apply this right after my final color coat of nail polish to speed up the drying process.

Gel Top Coat: This top coat has made more difference in the lasting power of my manicures than any other product I've tried. After the Quick Dry top coat has completely set (usually I allow it to set overnight, but if I need to do it the same day it takes about 2 hours), I apply one coat of this top coat. Although it's not labeled quick-dry, I do think it dries fast and is fully set in 15-20 minutes.


Quick Tan: I really love the instant color this gives. It's similar to Sally Hansen Airbrush legs, but it also works as a self-tanner, not just leg makeup. It goes on very easily and dries quickly! It does have a color guide that transfers a little to white clothing if you get dressed shortly after application. It washed out very easily, but generally I try not to use it if I'm wearing white shorts or pants that day.

Jergens Natural Glow: This is my year-round staple favorite sunless tanner. Even in the Medium-Dark version it doesn't give the dark tan that Quick Tan does, but it does help even out my skintone nicely and give it a nice color. It's also quick-dry and non-smelly. I have found I can't use Quick Tan more than two days in a row (at the most!) or it starts to get too dark and orange. So I use this on the in between days to help maintain color without adding too much.

Thank you to everyone who entered our Nordstrom Giveaway and congratulations to Bianca R. for her winning entry! Please check your email for instructions on how to claim your prize. You have 24-hours to reply or another winner will be randomly selected.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you back on Monday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Would love it if you could join my Fancy Friday linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute outfits! Love pairing jackets with shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good seeing you yesterday! You looked polished as usual :) Speaking of, I need a pedicure desperately! I love the color you are wearing so maybe I'll do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the army jacket and that grey v neck is my kinda tee. Love all the looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all your cute summer outfits, so happy you guys got to meet up, I bet it was a lot of fun.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that camo jacket from Express! I've been debating grabbing some of those plain tees from Nordstrom during the sale. They look like they fit so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfits! Do you use the Essie gel set on other polishes besides Essie? Just wondered if it helped with other brands as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!