7/10/17

Jean Short Favorites Under $20

|
I recently added a few new pairs of jean shorts to my wardrobe and wanted to put together a post with some still-in-stock, favorites. If you also need a couple of pairs of jean shorts to get you through the summer, you're in luck because these are all currently marked down to under $20! (These are the prices at the time I'm writing this post and since store promotions vary by day, I apologize if they change by the time you read this!) I prefer my jean shorts to have an inseam in the range of three to four inches, so if that length works for you, here are a few I recommend.

Side-by-Side Comparison:
ONE ($15) | TWO ($16) | THREE ($16)

Fit: I am wearing the same size in all three pairs of shorts above (my normal pants size) and I do think you can safely order your normal size for all three, but they do each have a slightly different fit so you may wish to size up or down for your preferred fit. In the collage above they are shown from most fitted to most roomy. The pair on the left from Target is the most fitted in the waist and thighs (although not uncomfortably tight at all), and the white pair is the most roomy.

Rise: All three pairs are labeled Mid-Rise, but Option One is the lowest rise out of the three.

Inseam: Option One feels the shortest to me, but the product description says it has a 4-inch inseam, whereas the other state they have a 3.75 inch inseam.Since those numbers didn't add up I measured the inseam myself on Option One and it measured 3 inches, so I think the description is a little off. They are cuffed, but the cuff is sewn up, not making it an easy option to uncuff it. I supposed if you used a seam ripper to detach them then you would have a 4" inseam. But I don't think alterations should be included in the product measurements so really, it's a 3" inseam.

Comfort: I found all three of these to be soft, stretchy and comfortable. Option One is a heavier denim material whereas two and three were lighter weight. They each stretch a little with wear but not to the point that you need to adjust your sizing for it. The leg opening of Option Two and Option Three are roomier than similar shorts from other brands I've owned, (e.g. J. Crew Factory), so if you have more curvy or muscular thighs I especially recommend these.

Outfit Details:

ONE:
Jacket: Charming Charlie | Tee: Express (Similar) | Shorts: Target | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Necklace: Stella & Dot

Outfit Notes:
This jacket is a great lightweight layer for summer and is currently marked down to $16.  It also comes in blue. My striped espadrilles come in 30 different color and print options. I normally wear a 7.5 and took a 7 in these since they don't come in half sizes above 6.5.

TWO:
Top: Banana Republic (Similar and Budget Option with more sizes) | Shorts: Abercrombie | Shoes: c/o Amazon | Bag: Sole Society | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift)

Outfit Notes:
My cami is selling out in smaller sizes, so if your size is already sold out I listed two other similar options that are still in stock. One is comparably priced to mine at full price, and the other is a bargain at $12. These white Viscata espadrilles are the same brand as my striped pair above and the sizing is the same as well. They only do half sizes up to 6.5, so I ordered a 7 in these (vs. my usual 7.5) and am very happy with the fit and comfort. These come in 21 prints an colors.

THREE:
Jacket: Express | Tank: Target | Shorts: Abercrombie | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Use code: onthedailyx for 10% off)

I shared this outfit on Friday, but I'm going to copy part of my review on the shorts here again since it's relevant to the post and especially because this pair had confusing website reviews that made it hard for me to decide what size to order:

Some reviews on these white jean shorts said they ran small, quite a few said they ran large, and several said they're true to size. I ordered my normal size and one size up in hopes of getting a moderately relaxed fit. Here's what I think: they do run a bit large. The blue midi shorts (Option Two above) are the same size as these, and the white pair does fit bigger than even that pair in the exact style from the same brand. That said, I still didn't want to size down since I didn't want them any more fitted. They do have more room in the waist and thighs than the blue pair, although it's minor and not very visible in the photos (especially since I have a shirt that covers the waist). If you're used to sizing UP in shorts to get a more relaxed fit, you won't need to with these. But you can definitely size down if you want them slightly more fitted in the waist and thighs.

Shop the Post:


Monday Motivation:
On Mondays I typically write about goals and things in life I'm working on either to keep myself on track with some of my New Year Goals (here) or just to to be a better person in general! What I'm working on right now is my July Book Review post, which will be up tomorrow! My June book review  post was only two weeks ago, but I wanted to get on track to join Show Us Your Books on the second Tuesday of the month. They have a very active community of blogger-readers and I got some great suggestions from them that influenced my book choices this month. If you're a blogger and include book reviews in your content, I highly recommend joining them! Book review posts (both writing them and reading them on other blogs) are becoming a favorite for me, and I'm very happy to see that a lot of you enjoy them too! So with all that said, I'm motivated to write a little less here today and work a little more on my book review post so I can make that "deadline." I read some excellent books that I'm excited to share tomorrow so I hope you'll stop by and check it out!


Linking up with:
Monday: Rachelle | Carylee | Heather & Johanna | Laura | Karen | Lindsey

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. all these shorts look perfect on you, finding good shorts is always a difficult task. Love your book reviews so cannot wait for tomorrow's post.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having the hardest time finding the perfect pair of jean shorts this summer. I'll have to check out Ambercrombie. Looking forward to your book review tomorrow!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a sucker for jean shorts (or any shorts) definitely checking these out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great options for shorts and at unbelievable prices! It looks like inseams can be deceiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean shorts are so hard, but I really like that Target pair. I might have to check them out. I need some new good books (and to finish the ones I'm currently reading, lol!), so I'm looking forward to your review tomorrow!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. The striped espadrilles are sooo good!!' And I love that camo jacket a white shorts! I will have to recreate that!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!