6/30/17

Outfit Recap 6/30/17

|
Welcome to another recap of my everyday outfits for the week! Summer casual was the predominant theme, but I did dress a little nicer one day to take my son to a doctor's appointment. I don't know if other people notice this, but I always feel like I get taken a little more seriously by medical professionals when I dress up a bit! Maybe it's just in my head, since as far as I can tell, nice outfits don't correlate with intelligence in other people. Anyway, on to the outfits! I'll add a few notes on how things fit if they're a new-to-me brand or a piece where I didn't take my normal size.

Outfit Recap:

Blue Eyelet Cami, Black Shorts:
Top: Banana Republic (Blue sold out, Similar Blue Cami) | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Shoes: c/o Charming Charlie | Bag: Sole Society | Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie

Fit Notes:
Both the eyelet top and shorts ran true to size for me. These shoes only come in whole sizes. Normally I wear a 7.5 but I ordered a 7 in these and they fit perfectly. And they have a nice amount of padding in the toe to make them pretty comfortable for walking!

Coral Crochet Top, White Shorts:
Top: c/o SheIn | Shorts: J Crew  | Sandals: Target | Bag: c/o Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bracelet: JustFab (Similar) | Ring: Stella & Dot 

Fit Notes:
I read all of the reviews and looked at all of the photos for this coral crochet top before deciding which size to get. Most people said it ran true to size if not just a bit small. In my past experience, SheIn tops do run little small and since this has to zip all the way up back and the fabric has no give (per the product description, which I can confirm that now that I own it!), I was very worried about it being too small and even if I could zip it, would I be able to move my arms? So all that said, I opted to go up two sizes and am wearing a Medium in this pic. It's roomy (not fitted anywhere) but comfortable. I can easily move my arms and easily zip it. That said, I probably could have worn a Small, so I would advise going just one size up unless you particularly want a more spacious fit.

Striped V Neck Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Bag: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (use code: onthedailyx for 10% off) | Necklace: Express (Similar)

Fit Notes: Despite the name "relaxed" in these t-shirts, I don't find them to have a very relaxed fit so I like to size up one size in these. But if you do favor a more fitted look order your normal size.

Beige Jacket, Jeans:
Jacket: c/o SheIn | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Shoes: c/o Charming Charlie | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (use code: onthedailyx for 10% off)

Fit Notes: Reviews for this jacket advised ordering your true size (if not sizing down) because it's very roomy, and I do agree that it has a relaxed fit. I ordered my normal size and I was really happy with the fit. I personally wouldn't want it to be any bigger or smaller. In looking at these pics I'm a little tempted to cut off the bottom layer of drapey fabric! I don't really mind it but I'm also not sure I need it either? I generally favor cropped jackets so TBD if I actually follow through with that! And reminder that these shoes (also shown in outfit one) come in whole sizes only. I'm a 7.5 and the 7 still fit me just right.

And finally, here's the Instagram-version of these same outfits with a better look at some of the accessories:


Blue Eyelet Cami, Black Shorts:
Top: Banana Republic (Blue sold out, Similar Blue Cami) | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Shoes: c/o Charming Charlie | Bag: Sole Society | Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie | Earrings: Stella & Dot | Nails: Essie Blanc


Coral Crochet Top, White Shorts:
Top: c/o SheIn | Shorts: J Crew  | Sandals: Target | Bag: c/o Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bracelet: JustFab (Similar) | Ring: Stella & Dot 


Striped V Neck Tee, Jean Shorts:
Tee: Abercrombie | Shorts: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Bag: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (use code: onthedailyx for 10% off) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott (Daisy with white druzy via Create-Your-Own)


Beige Jacket, Jeans:
Jacket: c/o SheIn | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Shoes: c/o Charming Charlie | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (use code: onthedailyx for 10% off)

That's it for today! I'm looking forward to the weekend and spending some quality time with friends and family, and I hope yours is shaping up to be a good one as well!



Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. I dress up for doctor's appointments too. Your coral crochet top is so pretty and I'm also loving the field jacket! Great Shein finds!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coral crochet top is so good on you! I always love seeing you in coral. Such a good complement to your skin tone! The beige jacket is also such a good piece!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the looks are good but the crochet top is esp cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing it, love all these outfits. This crochet top is my favorite.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these outfits are perfect!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are super cute and I love the way you take your shots!

    Have a lovely day!

    Kris | https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so surprised when you said the coral crochet top was from SheIn. I've got to get on the bandwagon and order somethings to try from there. It is so adorable on you!!! Thanks for the fit tips. I think that's something else that holds me back from ordering from them. Have a wonderful 4th weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pink top is so cute! I always see cute options at Shein, but I'm a little nervous about the quality. I might have to take a chance though as I love that top!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coral top is so cute! I will have to keep an eye out for it next time I order! Sizing can be so tricky, but if you take the time and get the correct size, there are so many good deals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!