5/8/17

White Peasant Top + Making it Happen

|
It's funny how much the weather can change in the space of a week this time of year! Last week it was hot, this week it's supposed to be cool and drizzly. Just looking at this outfit is making me cold but it was good for last week's heat wave!

Top: Abercrombie ($23)| Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Vince Camuto (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil | Necklace: Kendra Scott

This top runs just a bit small in the arms/shoulders, but in the body it's nice and flowy. Reviews said it ran small so I opted to size up and I'm glad I did for the extra room in the arms plus just a little more length in the body. I also opted to sew a tiny stitch at the neckline to make it close up a little higher. Otherwise it opens up all the way down to the button, which is too deep for my liking and I didn't want to wear a cami with it. You can view my previous outfit this with this top here. It's currently marked down to just $23, no code required!

My exact jean shorts and shoes are no longer available, but there are some excellent, very similar looking options available in stores now. I linked to one option for each that I felt was most similar in both overall look and price point similar to what I paid originally.

Front View:
Top: Abercrombie | Shorts: Target (Similar) | Shoes: Vince Camuto (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil

Monday Motivation: 
Last week was a time management challenge for me because I had to be fully dressed and ready to go about 30 minutes earlier than usual each day. It was teacher appreciation week at our school and it was part of my volunteer duties to help out with various appreciation activities and festivities each morning. I was stressed about the early start, but miraculously I made it on time every day.

The funny thing is, I didn't get up earlier than usual. I just managed my time better in the morning knowing my new schedule. External factors forced the issue so I made it happen. But why couldn't I do that before just to get more out of my day in general?

The saying "necessity is the mother of invention" keeps coming to my mind regarding this topic, and I'm hoping that the need to get ready earlier helped me "invent" some new habits. Improved time management has been one of my goals for 2017 (original post here), and last week was probably my most efficient week of the year for managing time in the early morning. I'm hoping I can take that momentum and carry it into this week! That's really my number one goal this week, and I'm writing about it here because it increases my odds of making it happen by about 80%. (More on that stat here and here).

Now it's your turn! Do you have one specific goal you want to work on this week or an area where you want to improve? Share it with me here or on your own blog if you have one! I'd love to hear about it!

And one more thing! On Wednesday I'm starting a new link-up with Amy Ann so I hope you'll come back and join us!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. It is amazing what you can do just by managing time better! When I have an early start due to meetings, I don't get up earlier either, but I do try to make sure I have an outfit laid out for myself and daughter and just focus more on getting ready instead of all the other extra things I see that need to be done around the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picking out the outfit in advance is a big help! I'm totally out of that habit these days but it was nice to see I could still do it when I had to. And I hear you on all the distractions around the house! I hate to leave the house not entirely picked up but sometimes that's the only way to be on time!

      Delete
  2. this is such a cute outfit, this week I'm hoping to get back to my workout schedule. I've been extra tired lately so I need to get enough rest so that I'm not feeling blah when it's time to workout.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this week you will start to feel more settled in your new place! Moving really takes a toll on our routines and habits.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for succeeding at your goal that I know is hard for so many. Time management can be tricky but i swear if we all just put our phones down we would get more done. At least I would! Love your outfit here too! My goal for this week (and every week now) is to take Nettie on long walks. It'll make her happier and expel energy and it'll help me become more active and hopefully lose some weight along with eating right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know i struggle with the phone issue! I wish I could say I were doing better with that than I am! And walking the dog is an excellent goal! Thankfully it's going to clear up again this week so you can enjoy the outdoors a little more.

      Delete
  4. I love that you and Amy Ann are starting a link up! The mornings can be so hard. I have to plan everything out the night before (outfit, lunch, bag packed) and set a time to be out of the house. Otherwise, it can so hard to get out on time. I'm trying to do a better job of setting goals for the week and then looking back at what went well/didn't. That might be more of a monthly goal than weekly goal but hey, gotta start somewhere!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this look girl, especially those shorts. Target for the win! I need to be better about time management in the mornings too, especially now that we need to have lil' miss up and ready to get out the door <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is my ideal summer uniform- loooove that blouse!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have never heard 'necessity is the mother of invention' but that is so true. it's amazing what we can do when we 'have' to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!