5/19/17

Cami Review and Comparison

|
The Barcelona Cami from Express has been one of my longtime favorite wardrobe pieces (for evidence of that go to the Categories > Barcelona Cami on my navigation bar up top) but sadly, it seems Express is discontinuing this item either permanently or temporarily. They only have two options left on their website (clearance section) and in very limited sizes. I've been linking to similar options when I wear mine but I wanted to try on some of those Similar Options in person to to be able to give you all a more informed opinion on the matter.

My favorite of the options I tried was the Easy Care Seamed Cami from Banana Republic. I actually think I like it better than the Barcelona Cami because it has a zipper on the side which makes it much easier to get on/off, and also allows it to be a little more fitted through the torso.

Cardigan: Target | Cami: BR | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot | Nails: Sinful Colors "Easy Going" | Pedi: OPI "Kiss Me or Elf"

This cami runs in numerical sizing and comes in Regular and Petite Options. I normally I wear an XS in the Barcelona Cami and I ordered a 0 Regular in this top and it fit perfectly.

My jeans, shoes and cardigan all ran true to size as well. My shoes were purchased during the recent Target BOGO 50% off sale and I was reluctant to get them because of the hassle of doing four buckles (two per shoe) every time I wear them. But luckily the buckles are fairly easy to do and I'm glad I didn't let that hold me back because I really do love them and find them pretty comfortable for everyday wear.

Front View:

Here are all of the current color options of this particular cami:
BR Seamed Easy Care Cami Options

Side-by-Side Comparison:
Let's look at the four different camis I'm talking about in this post side-by-side and then I'll go into more detail:
1. Express Barcelona | 2. BR Easy Care | 3. Topshop Swing Cami | 4. BR Seamed Cami

BR Easy Care Cami:
This cami is probably the most similar to the Barcelona Cami.  It comes in sizes XXS - XL with Regular and Petite options as well. The fabric is actually thicker and less sheer than the Barcelona Cami. The sizing is also similar (I'm wearing an XS in both), but what you can't tell from these photos (since my arms are at my side) is the BR cami has some gapping under the arms.  I could wear this as is, but I'd also be curious to try a size down. As you can see, this one is longer than the BR Seamed Cami (#4) and it also doesn't have the side zipper like that one does, hence the reason they can't make it as fitted or you wouldn't be able to get it on and off!

Here are the current color options of this style:
BR Easy Care V Cami Options

Topshop Rouleau Cami (from Nordstrom)
This cami also comes in Regular and Petite options, and I'm wearing the 0R above. This is a cute cami and it has a great selection of colors, but it's not especially similar to the Barcelona Cami or the Banana Republic options. It definitely fits the "Swing Cami" description since it's very flowy. Frankly, I'd be afraid to wear this here because it's pretty breezy most days and this would fly right up! It's also cut deeper than either of the other options so for both reasons I don't think it would work for me. But depending on your needs and style it may be just right!

This cami comes in over a dozen colors, and these are a few of the current options:
Topshop Cami Options
Red Version Here | All other colors (and more) Here

Pricing:
Barcelona Camis were normally priced at $39.90 for solids and $44.90 for prints. But there were frequent promotions for BOGO 50% off, or 30-40% off, so it was rare for me to spend more than $30 for one cami. The BR Seamed Cami is $58 full price, but they run 40% off codes at least once a week, so these can easily purchased for about $35 each. (That's what I paid and I personally think they are worth the extra $5 for the zipper feature, fit and quality.) The BR Easy Care Cami is normally $49.50, making it $29.70 during a 40% off promotion, which is even less than the $30 Topshop Cami. All things considered all three of these are very competitively priced, and it really comes down to personal preference on fit, color availability etc.

Hope this helps give you some additional info on current cami options and possible replacements for the Barcelona Cami! I won't have an Outfit Recap to post this weekend since it was just one of those weeks where I wasn't crazy about either the way the outfits I wore or how the pictures turned out, so they don't seem worth posting. But I hope you have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. I really like the BR version, thank you for doing the research. I also love the swingy look of the topshop one, but seriously I have enough camis lol.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting this together! I only have the Barcelona in white and black so I could use a few new cami's. The BR gingham is so cute!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i really like your blog as it is very detailed so much information is there in this blog. So thank you but if you want to know more there is one more Post Free Ads www.helpadya.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the BR cami on you! Because you said it's more fitted in the torso, I doubt it would work for me though because I like things flowy in that area. The topshop is cute, but I laughed out loud regarding the wind factor! I don't know, I think I've given up on Camisoles for the time being and will stick with my old express ones or just wear tanks instead! Express needs to get it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Barcelona cami and hope they bring in back in more colors again, but these are some great alternatives! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely my phone a friend when it comes to Barcelona camis!! This was a great comparison! Good to know there is a backup if I start missing it! The zipper detail sounds intriguing!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this. Now you make me want to buy one of these too, hehe. Now which one to get...do you have a good strapless bra that you wear with them you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is just a Maidenform strapless bra from Target! They don't make the exact one anymore but if you search "Maidenform Strapless Bra" on their site they do have a couple of current options for about what I paid that have pretty good reviews. Everyone raves about the Wacoal Red Carpet Bra (at Nordstrom) but it's $65 so I haven't been able to convince myself to spend that much on it!

      Delete
  9. This is very helpful! I've been looking for a simple cami like these and had actually just heard about the Barcelona cami, only to read here that I won't be able to get it much longer! Knowing other good options to look at was perfect! Thank you!

    Virginia
    More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!