4/14/17

Blush Crossbody Bag + Turquoise Plaid

|
Thanks for checking in today! I am currently on Spring Break with my family but have a few simple outfit posts planned to keep the blog going on my normal schedule. Here's a look at today's Spring-friendly plaid outfit with a few additional details.

Outfit:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Sole Society | Locket: Pictures on Gold (Gift) | Ring: Stella & Dot | Watch: Fossil

Outfit Notes:

I bought this plaid shirt back in January thinking it would be great for Spring. And it turns out I was right for once. I wore it on a couple of warmer winter days but now it's officially Spring and it worked out perfectly for volunteering at school. Everything is covered appropriately and the fabric is lightweight and easy to move in. It is considered a "boyfriend shirt" so it's a slightly relaxed fit, but I still recommend ordering your normal size.

I have been using my blush satchel so much this Spring (more on that with several affordable current options here), but more often than not lately I find I prefer a smaller, crossbody bag style. I set out to find something in a color as close as possible to my satchel, just a smaller size, and I settled on this one from Sole Society. The price was right (I didn't want to spend more than $50), but I will say there are two small things I would change about this. First, the front flap has a magnetic closure and it's really not that easy to line up the clasp and get it to shut. Second, there's no exterior cell phone compartment. If I'm carrying a flap front bag I prefer it to have an exterior pocket for easy access to my phone. So it's not 100% perfect, but I really couldn't find a better option for the price and since it's the exact size and color I want, it's doable.

Front View:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Sole Society | Locket: Pictures on Gold (Gift)

Thanks for sticking with me on my vacation week! I may not be able to answer questions or reply to comments promptly this week but I'll do the best I can to make it happen sooner rather than later!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. hope you're having a fun vacay, love this pretty plaid.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! We had a great time.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you ended up going on vacation! I hope you are having a fabulous time and the weather is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out really well! Only a little bit of rain here and there so it wasn't much of an inconvenience at all.

      Delete
  3. I love your spring plaid! Hope you are having a fun time with your family!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! We really had a nice time. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that bag! Bummer that it isn't perfectly functional but it is definitely eye candy! And that turquoise plaid is definitely perfect for spring! It looks great on you!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!