4/19/17

Blue Striped Cold Shoulder Top

|
As much as I enjoyed being on Spring Break and making lots of great memories with my family, it's so nice to be home! I started working on a trip recap post for today, but quickly realized that I'm going to need more time to finish it. So I'll keep putting that together that behind the scenes here, and until that's ready I'll keep sharing some of my new Spring pieces, like this blue striped cold shoulder top.

Top: c/o SheIn (Under $20!) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (If there's no similar option in stock, contact the shop owners for a custom set and they're happy to help!)

Outfit Details:

This is my first time collaborating with SheIn, and I was reluctant to try them for a long time since it's always more of a gamble with an overseas e-tailer when it comes to sizing and possible returns. But after seeing so many cute, affordable options on other bloggers and being able to read reviews and see non-model photos on their site to get more info for fit and sizing selection, I finally decided to give them a chance. And I'm so glad I did!

This top is just what I wanted for a classic Spring top with a trendy twist in the cold shoulder detail. Many of the reviews for this said it ran big and to size down, but I ordered an XS (what I normally wear at Express or Gap) and wouldn't want it any smaller. It's a slightly relaxed fit but not oversized. The only thing I would note is that if you are taller than me (I'm 5'4") or have a longer torso, you might find the length of this too short for you. And just to give you an idea of what to expect on shipping time from SheIn, my order arrived in about 1.5 weeks.

My shoes have been in winter hibernation and I was happy to bring them back out for Spring. I'm also happy to see they're still in stock and reasonably priced (under $30). The color I'm wearing is Tan, and I took my normal shoe size. I love that they have a velcro strap at the back. I've had similar peep toe booties with a snap-back and those can be really difficult to fasten! I find these comfortable enough for a decent amount of walking. For instance, I wore them to the airport/on the plane for both segments of my Spring Break trip and didn't have any trouble walking all over the airport in them. They also kept my feet warm enough but not too hot on the plane, which always seems to be a struggle for me!

Front View:
Top: c/o SheIn | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks

The Shorts Version:
On the day I wore this top, I changed into shorts when the weather heated up in the afternoon, but kept all other outfit pieces the same. I wanted to share that outfit option here as well for those who are already into shorts weather (or maybe heading there on vacation!)
Top: c/o SheIn | Shorts: Guess (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Nails: OPI Let's Be Friends (Similar)

Front View: 
Top: c/o SheIn | Shorts: Guess (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Nails: OPI Let's Be Friends (Similar)

And that's all for today! See you back here on Friday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. this top is so cute on you, love the cold shoulder. Really love it paired with shorts.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top on you! So cute styled with the shorts and booties!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look on you, especially with the shorts and booties. I hear you about being hesitant to try oversees retailers with slightly more difficult routines. I've seen Shein mentioned elsewhere though. I may have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it giving them a chance. I opted for tops because I felt like the likelihood of them fitting was better and I lucked out this time!

      Delete
  4. That top is darling! I love it both ways, either paired with jeans or shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn't said so, I would never have guessed that top was from SheIn! It's super cute and just the type of cold shoulder top I am looking for this summer! Love those booties too! I have them on my wishlist but can't decide which color to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get the most used out of my neutral-beige-tan-taupe shoes these days so that gets my vote! And I actually think this top would look amazing on you!

      Delete
  6. I love your top, very cute :)

    xo
    Alyssa // STYLE VANITY // INSTAGRAM ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute top! i used to buy a lot from SheIn/SheInside and I've had a post in my drafts for like 2 years talking about the stuff I got from them. Honestly I have 1 thing out of like 10 that has lasted, most were horrible on arrival. That being said, if I was smaller and shorter, most of them would have worked, so I think they are still a great place to buy cheap things, just not for me.
    anywho. love this top on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous top, love the cold shoulder detailing! And loving those shorts too, perfect pair of distressed denim <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top is everything! Is this the one you were talking about when you said you ordered a navy stripe? Either way, it's a great find!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!