3/3/17

Blush Cardigan + Target Sale Favorites

|
There's a big sale going on right now at a certain e-tailer and it seems like everyone on Instagram is talking about it. But I'm honestly more excited about the 20% off sale on Mossimo stuff at Target! It's just basic bargain math! The minimum you have to spend at The Other Sale is $170 (15% off $200).  At Target, you can get some of my favorites for under $25, so you're $145 better off!  One of the pieces in my outfit today is part of the sale, and I'll share a couple of other favorites below.

Blush Cardigan, Grey Tee, White Distressed Jeans:
Cardigan: Target ("Light Purple" under $20) | Tee: Express (Silver Gray, 20% off) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gold Gunmetal) | Shoes: Target | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Check with shop owners for similar items) | Ring: Stella Dot | Bag: c/o Amazon

This Cardigan comes in three other colors (Olive, Black and Gray). Mine is actually called "Light Purple" but in my head (and here on the blog) I always call it blush. It's very thin and lightweight, so it will be more of a Spring/Summer piece. We had a couple of days in the mid 70s this week so it was the perfect layer for that. Also, just a note that if you're eyeing any other colors: I also ordered the Gray one, but I returned it because in person it has a rather pronounced striped pattern to the fabric. It's hard to tell that from the website picture (it just looks like computer-screen blurring) but for me  just wanted a solid/heathered color.

These white distressed jeans were from my Express President's Day order and luckily they ran true to size so they worked out for me. They are a cropped length (they don't come in Short/Regular/Long options like other Express jeans) and I was surprised that they do actually look cropped and shorter on me than the model! Go figure. I'm 5'4", and my ankles felt pretty bare so I opted for sandals that came up a little higher.

Speaking of these sandals, I was tempted to go half size down in these when I first tried them on because it seemed like they were long in the toe area. But they're also narrow in the toe area, so when my foot slides forward while walking my toes would be too close to the edge for my taste. So I'm glad I stayed with my normal size. If you're between sizes you could probably go with the smaller size, but these might be best to try in person (or order two sizes in and return one if you're buying online). They are pretty comfortable for a fair amount of walking, the only trick is adjusting all the laces to the correct width at first! Thankfully they have a zipper on the side so it's much easier to get them on/off.

Front View:
Cardigan: Target ("Light Purple" under $20) | Tee: Express (20% off) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gold Gunmetal) | Shoes: Target | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Check with shop owners for similar items) | Ring: Stella Dot  | Bag: c/o Amazon

Two of my other recent Target favorites are also 20% off, so here are couple of my previous outfits with those pieces:

Olive Jacket: $22
Jacket: Target (Runs true-to-size/Same as Express sizing) | Tee: Target | Custom Initial Choker: c/o The Fringe Studio | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Boots: Lucky Brand | Bag: Tory Burch (Option)


Blush Plaid Shirt: $18 (Comes in 5 Colors)
Top: Target (Runs True-to-Size. I'm wearing the same size as I do in Express tops) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Gift) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Nails: Chanel "Graphite" | Earrings: c/o The Fringe Studio

Front View of all three sale favorites:
Cardigan (Under $20) | Jacket ($22) | Plaid Shirt ($18)

Both the jacket and the shirt are ultra-soft and comfortable! Naturally the cardigan is comfortable as well, but that's to be expected!

Last but not least, there's one item I have been debating about for over a year that I think I might try during this sale. This pic was taken in Target in January 2016!

Quite a few of my blogger friends have some kind of utility vest like this and have been telling me that I need one. I did try this on in Target a year ago but decided not to get it... I just wasn't 100% sure I could make it work for me.

I'm still not 100% certain I can make it work, but it looks like it could be this exact vest that's on sale now for $24, and that price makes it a bit more tempting to give it a try.

They look identical to me in every aspect from color to length to soft fabric. They also look like they are made from the same material as my olive jacket above, which is a big plus.

It's a short wishlist for sure but since my closet purge I'm being extra picky in my purchases! That said, if you have any Target must-haves that are part of the sale, let me know so I can have a look! Have a great weekend!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. The cargo vest is a must-have and you look good in it. I hit Target the other day and scored some distressed jean shorts (I think you showed them in a previous post??) for 20% off. Of course, I went in to just return something and walked out with more than I returned. Target is like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, Target can be a trap! I try not to browse the clothes section too often because something always ends up in my cart. I've been failing a bit lately! And yes! My fave pair of distressed jean shorts last summer was from Target! I forgot about those since I haven't worn them in so many months!

      Delete
    2. I was searching for the shorts there but when I clicked on an old link of yours for info- it did not work. Would love to know the brand and style so I could try those too! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Hi there! Target is notorious for changing their links around, which is probably why a lot of bloggers don't like them! Reader frustration = blogger frustration. At any rate, the shorts I had last year sold out quickly. I went searching for them again since they do have some jean shorts back in stock but they don't have the exact distressed ones I have. My favorites were the Mossimo Mid-Rise Midi. They do have at least two options that I can see in the Mid-Rise Midi style (Medium Wash and Dark Wash) but they don't seem to have a distressed pair. In store may be different! I also liked the Mossimo Boyfriend Short, but that style seems to be all high rise online, but again, not sure what they have in store!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these Target finds! That plaid shirt is so cute! I'm going to have to get over there this weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know if the sale is in store or online only! Or it might work with Cartwheel...I'm just not entirely sure how that works at Target but just thought I should warn you.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if the target sale is on home stuff, lol I do love the shopbop sale for bigger purchases but yea for cheaper stuff you really don't save much. I haven't been in a target store since last year, this store is a trap.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do 90% of my grocery shopping at Target so I can't avoid it! I'm impressed you can stay away so long!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing items that are realistic for most of us to actually think about purchasing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  5. You know I love the blush and grey together! I am happy to report that outside of workout stuff, I haven't bought Target clothes or shoes in quite some time! You make a convincing argument to change that though! And I'm anxious to see how the vest saga ends! It's a great piece to have, but they are definitely not all created equal! This one def looks like it's worth the try!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I will be searching your blog/Insta for vest outfit inspiration! I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to style this thing on my own! It's definitely outside my box.

      Delete
  6. I got the olive jacket the other day on the sale! I will check back today for the other 2 items. Thanks so much for all of your posts- love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! Glad you were able to score that jacket on sale! It's such a great piece.

      Delete
  7. By the way, I got the jacket in store using cartwheel so the sale does work in store also:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the scoop on using Cartwheel! I have to make a Target run today anyway so I may give the sale one last look knowing I can get the 20% off deal!

      Delete
  8. The vest is so cute! But if you had doubts, that's good you didn't buy it. I love target, but as I said this morning in my snaps, I try to avoid it because I always spend too much! They have great finds though. Some of my best classics are target :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly you have the best cardigans! They are all fairly neutral in color without being boring, fit you well without being overwhelming and are so versatile! I need to check out Target's stock when I am in next! I get more excited about other store's sales, too. The odds of me spending enough at Shopbop to make it worth my while aren't great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the cargo jacket on you! It is one of the most versatile items in my closet so I can't recommend it enough!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fave look was the one with the long lavender cardi, the color scheme is soothing and clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!