2/10/17

Orchid Cami, Grey Cozy Sweater

|
This week it's been hard to sit still at the computer long enough to write a blog post because I've been so obsessed with de-cluttering my house! But at the same time, I find that when I do take breaks from sorting to blog or take care of the kids and so on, it gives me some time to reflect on the lessons I've learned through this process and how I want those lessons to shape my actions going forward. So here I am blogging an outfit with pieces that survived the closet purge, including the very first Barcelona Cami I ever purchased:

Sweater: Target ($9!) | Cami: Express (Current Similar Color) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Boots: c/o Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon

Outfit Notes:
This felt like a good transition weather outfit because the sweater was warm, but pairing it with the bright cami gave it a more Spring vibe and kept me from being too hot since temps have been mostly been in the upper 60s.  The only item in this outfit that hasn't been on the blog yet is this grey satchel. I was reluctant to order it at first because shipping was estimated to take two weeks (and it ultimately did) and I usually don't have that kind of patience. However, it was the exact shade of grey I wanted, the exact size (roomy enough for the essentials I showed here plus my Kindle and then some), single-compartment style (my preference), and only $32.99, so I took a chance. And I'm so glad I did! It's perfect for me. I also ordered it in Black (it comes in Pink, Lavender, and Red too) and I already purged two of my older black bags to make room for that one so I don't start overflowing my closet again so soon.

Front View:
Shop the Look:




Wishlist Favorites:
As much as de-cluttering my closet teaches me I need to change some of my shopping habits (I listed some key changes I want to make here), it also reminded me of a few gaps I still want to fill in my wardrobe. For example, I really like owning a jacket and a cardigan in the same color (e.g. a beige cardigan and a beige moto jacket) so I can easily style outfits with the same base pieces, but finish it with a jacket or cardigan depending on which one is a better fit for my day (and sometimes I wear both on the same day for different events!). If my day calls for more casual comfort, then I'll probably go with a cardigan. If I want to look a little more polished, I'll switch into a jacket. For quite awhile I've wanted a light grey moto jacket, similar in color to the sweater I'm wearing above. So far, still no luck!

I also have this blush moto jacket, and I'm also searching for a Spring-appropriate (i.e. not thick ot heavy). long cardigan in this shade
Jacket: BB Dakota (Identical with more sizes) | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Front View:

It's easier said than done finding the right piece at the right price! But I don't mind taking my time on the hunt for certain items because then I feel like I'm shopping without actually spending any money. That said, if any of you all have tips on favorites for these two items by all means let me know! I'll have a no fuss. just outfits recap up over the weekend and then I'll see you back on Monday with a Motivation Update for all the different topics I've covered so far!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. de-cluttering is so fun, I can't believe I'm saying that. I didn't do much more this week because of work and going to bed at 9:30 everyday but I know I'm not done. Did you clean out your make-up and jewelry? that's another 2 sections that made my life so much easier, I now have just the makeup I need and I can see all my jewelry clearly. Have a great weekend :)

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did clean out my jewelry! Or I should say I did Round One. I don't really have an issue with makeup. I just have my staples and back-ups of my staples at this point. Even for nail polish I reduced my stash about a year ago when I decided to just have a couple of signature nail colors per season vs. every color of the rainbow. But I still have plenty of work to do in other areas!

      Delete
  2. Such perfect outfits! All pieces are definitely essential in ones closet! Really need that pink cami!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Casually Styled


    Xo, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you guys are really making me want to purge. Maybe I will just aim to tackle tops this week! Also, I agree that the bright cami eludes spring vibes! It's such a great color on you and that grey satchel is definitely worth the wait! Always have loved that blush moto jacket too!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love de-cluttering because it's so therapeutic and feeds my OCD tendency lol. Good for you for getting a handle on what you don't need anymore and making room for things you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright cami with your cozy sweater! And the new bag you got looks perfect with it! It's hard to find a good bag with the size, shape, and inner organization that you like. Good to hear you found a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree purging can be kind of addictive! After I did my clothing closet, I did my shoe closet. It feels great to have it all out. Keeping this cami was a good call. Isn't it funny how the first color you buy of something (if you have mulitiples) is generally your favorite? The pink is so pretty and a fun pop of color. Have a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh that grey satchel is super cute.
    'the hunt' used to be my favourite thing about shopping haha. finding the right piece at the right price. i hope you find the pieces you want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where have you been my whole life? I love your taste and your price point and shopping sources are right up my alley! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Kerry! Your comment made my day. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment here! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!