2/8/17

My Four Favorite Portofino Shirts

|
This week I haven't been getting dressed in "real" clothes because I've been obsessed with de-cluttering my house. I started with my closet, and then I started listening to Peter Walsh's audio book "It's All Too Much." It's giving me exactly the motivation I need to attack clutter in every closet and cupboard in the house. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be doing that sort of work in anything other than workout clothes, so I don't have a new outfit to show you today. Instead, I thought I would share which four Portofino shirts made my final closet edit, especially since they are all 40% off right now.

For reference, mine are the Original Fit Portofino Shirt. They didn't even have the Slim Fit when I bought mine, but these days Slim Fit has way more color options than the Original Fit (5 solid colors in Original Fit vs. 27 for Slim Fit!). I found the shirts to be almost identical if you go one size up in the Slim Fit (e.g. get a Slim Fit size Small if you wear an Original Fit XS). In the case of my Olive and Pink top, the Slim Fit has current colors that are almost identical to mine, so I linked to those options below.

1. Black:
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Top: Express | Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Boots: Express (Similar) | Nails: Chanel "Taboo"

Shop the Look:


2. White
Top: Express | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Amazon | Bag: Amazon (Exact Style, this color sold out) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express (Similar | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar)

Shop the Look:


3. Pink
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Sam Edelman (Similar) | Ring: The Cave Store | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


4. Olive
Top: Express | Necklace: Express (Option) | Shorts: Express | Shoes: DV "Safia" | Leopard Clutch: Express (Similar) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar) | Pedicure Color: Essie Flowerista (My favorite pedi color for Spring!)

Shop the Look:


Front View for these Outfits:

It's crazy but this post makes me feel like I've come full circle since I started this blog 3+ years ago. I probably had about 4 Portofino shirts at the time, then my collection grew and grew. Then I started downsizing, and now I'm back where I need to be...for now. I have no idea what changes will come my way that perhaps justify expanding my collection again, but for now these four fit my needs and it feels good to be content with less.


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. yup these are some of my favorite colors too, I also love the dark blue/navy and the striped one.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are making great progress with your decluttering. Those are all versatile colors and definitely the keepers! I love the bright pink!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for attacking the clutter! I can see why these all made the cut. They look great tied, tucked, or plain, that is one of the things I like about them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice styles! like the n°2, the white & pink shades are really nice :-)
    xo
    http://www.sofrenchychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pick 2 days a month to organize/clean my house and I usually pick something that's bugging me for that particular month. Sometimes I need a little more time tho, if it is a big project! I have been wanting to get a couple Portofino shirts and during the holidays they were out of a lot of the colors I wanted. I am going to have to go look again and fingers crossed I'll see some in colors I want! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot beat the Portofino! Great tip re: slim fit sizing; I also only have the original fit because the slim fit didn't exist when I bought mine, ha. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this post! I am also decluttering as part of a New Year's resolution to just have less "stuff" this year and wear what is in my closet more! I have that same black and white marled express cardigan from a couple of years ago and appreciate all the styling ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're welcome! Thanks for your comment! That sweater is such a great staple! And it has held up really well. I expect it to survive a few more closet purges! Good luck with your de-cluttering! It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate!

      Delete
  8. you know that little weird ghost emoji with his little weird hands on his face and he looks like a scared ghost? that's my face right now that you only have 4 portofinos. YOU GO GIRL with your decluttering. all the high fives to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep on reading your blog post.. This was still amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing this unique informative post with us.. I really enjoyed by reading your blog post
    amazon store

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!