2/17/17

Blush Moto Jacket + Kendra Scott San Diego

|
This week has been a festive and busy one between my 18th wedding anniversary (which we celebrated by romantically cleaning out the garage and office closet...but hey, nothing says real love like working together for a common goal!), Valentine's Day, and a fun Blogger Night Out! After dressing mostly in athleisure for the weekend (e.g. what I shared in Wednesday's post), it was nice to get a little more dressed up to attend the Kendra Scott Galentine's party with the San Diego Style Bloggers on Monday night.

The sun was starting to set as I headed out for the event but I managed to take an outfit selfie...at the same time as the UPS man was walking up to my door. I just pretended like I was taking photos of my roof (totally normal) and thanked him for the packages!

Jacket: Express (Similar) | Cami: Express (40% off) | Jeans: Express (40% off) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Express (40% off) | Necklaces: Kendra Scott Top and Bottom (Both Gifted) | Nails: Essie Blanc

Outfit Notes:

In case you missed the memo via email or other social media, there is a storewide 40% off sale at Express for President's day weekend, so my cami, jeans, and bag are all at the best price you can get until next black Friday. All three of them are staples and favorites that I reach for again and again.

This grey bag has been a favorite of mine for many months but it's never made the blog because I tend to use it more for special events/nights out than for the everyday outfits I mainly share. A lot of times my evening clutches can only carry the basics (phone, lipstick, credit card, ID, and keys) but this little crossbody holds quite a bit! It can carry all of those basics plus my sunglasses and mini wallet (shown in this post where I share my quick handbag changing strategies). And the grey is a perfect neutral, so it goes with just about anything.

These jeans are another long time, versatile favorite. They are stocked in most sizes right now (although that can quickly change during a 40% off sale!) and ran true-to-size for me. For more grey jeans outfit inspo you can check out this post.

This cami is my number one, most-worn closet staple. You can see twelve different ways I have styled it in this post, and I've worn it at least another dozen times since that post ten months ago!  I frequently get questions about what kind of bra I wear with this cami. When I'm wearing it (as shown above) with a jacket or cardigan that I know I won't be removing throughout the day, I wear a regular nude bra underneath it. In the summer, I have a strapless bra from Target that I use. My exact option is no longer available but it's Maidenform and similar to this one. It will probably need to be replaced next summer, and I'm planning to splurge ($65) on this one from Nordstrom because the reviews are amazing and I've seen rave reviews for it from a dozen other bloggers.

When I first got this jacket at Express (Spring 2015 I believe), I didn't realize I would use it as much as I have! My exact jacket is no longer available but I rounded up a few current options (under $80) that could be styled the same as mine.
Blush Jacket Options

Front View:

Shop the Look:


Morning update: I'm adding in one more outfit to this post because it features these same grey jeans plus one more of my all-time staples, the Portofino Shirt. I pared down my collection to just four of these (see which colors I kept here) in my recent closet clean-out, but the white version survived the purge and isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bracelet: LOFT (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil (Similar) | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Exact Style, Colors Options Vary)

Front View: 

Shop the Look:


Kendra Scott San Diego Galentine's Party:
To follow my blog or Instagram is to know that my love for Kendra Scott jewelry is probably on par with my love for Express clothes. San Diego's first (and so far only!) Kendra Scott store opened at Fashion Valley Mall here back in October, and it's been so nice to have the option to see a lot of the pieces in person before making a purchase. Our local Nordstrom stores carry some Kendra Scott pieces, but only a small fraction of what the store location offers. And only Kendra Scott stores have a Color Bar where you can customize pieces with the color of metal and stone that you want. So needless to say, I was very excited when the San Diego Style Bloggers invited me to attend their Galentine's event at Kendra Scott, and I didn't waste any time re-arranging my Monday night so I could attend!
 Image via SD Style Bloggers

If we look happy it's because they spoiled us with champagne, sweets, and custom pieces for ourselves and some to giveaway to our followers! (If you follow me on Instagram hopefully you saw that giveaway!) All of the ladies who work at Kendra Scott San Diego were also incredibly friendly and stylish. Sometimes it can be intimidating (for me) to go into a smaller boutique-type store like that, but I was the last one to leave that night because I got caught up chatting with one of the associates about all things fashion, blogging, Kendra Scott and San Diego. She even remembered me from a previous store visit just a few weeks back when I was (taking my sweet time) picking out a birthday gift to myself. 

Just in case you didn't already know, during your birthday month you get 50% off one piece at Kendra Scott. Even if you don't live near a store location, you can call in and get the discount over the phone!

I had this post all wrapped up and ready to go when the 40% off sale announcement came in, so rather than scrambling to put together a new post for today, I decided to save it for Monday (the final day of the sale). That gives me a bit more time to put together my own order and check with a few of my friends on what they're getting, so I'll see you back on Monday for that!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week and yes KS associates are always so nice and friendly, I always end up spending more time in the store that intended too.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! What a fabulous color! Hope you can join me at the Fancy Friday linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kendra Scott event looks like it was fun! I didn't know they offered 50% off during your birthday month! I'll have to remember that and then remind my daughter and husband! Have the best weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single person I have met from Kendra Scott had been genuinely nice and engaging. I always leave feeling upbeat and happy, and not just from my purchases! Happy you have a local store now and your outfit for the night was perfecto!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50% off during your birthday month?! That is fabulous news! I just set a reminder in my phone and my birthday isn't for 6 months! Love your blush moto jacket! It has such nice, clean lines and it's a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shoe choices with these outfits, especially the black pair! I'm enjoying the lace up trend. And happy belated anniversary, I had no idea! Hey, no shame in cleaning together. Team work makes the dream work :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! What a fun night! Kendra Scott makes some gorgeous pieces. I'm glad you were able to make the event and hang out with great people! Thanks for he tip on the birthday month discount. I forgot it this year, but will remember it for next year!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol at taking pictures of your roof. the kendra scott event sounds so fun, glad it went so well :) i missed the 40% off sale, bummer. i actually made a purchase today (gasp! i know!) because i absolutely needed new work pants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!