11/23/16

Top Express Sale Picks Under $20

|
If you are carefully minding your budget this month but just want one or two fun or useful pieces to add to your wardrobe while the prices are low, this post is for you. Today I'm sharing four of my favorite items that are currently under $20 thanks to the Black Friday sale!


1. The Skimming Tee: Under $10
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express (also under $20) | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Express | Watch: Fossil (Similar) |  Ring: Nordstrom | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


I currently own this tee in White, Silver Grey, and Wren Grey (which is not grey at all in my opinion). I don't wear it on its own as often as I wear it as a layer under my jackets. It's extremely soft and comfortable, the length is just right to leave untucked (so it's low fuss), and it's just the right balance of fitted/relaxed. Not too tight and not too boxy, either. It's a killer deal under $10 right now!

Here's a front view of all three colors I own with and without jackets:

Outfit One:
Jacket: Express (Similar) | Tee: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Express (also under $20) | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Express | Watch: Fossil (Similar) |  Ring: Nordstrom | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

Outfit Two:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: c/o Fossil

Outfit Three:
Jacket: Nordstrom (Similar) | Tee: Express (Silver Grey) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Target | Necklace: Amazon | Bag: Amazon

Outfit Four:
Tee: Express (Wren Grey) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: AmazonBag: Tory Burch | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift)

2. Plush Jersey London Tee: Under $20
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Choker Necklace: Amazon | Druzy Pendant: Kendra Scott | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon

Shop the Look:


The olive version of this top made it to my Top Eight list yesterday but I wanted share the other colors today because they're all great and it's so worth the under $20 price. It's nice and thick (moreso than other pieces from the One Eleven line) and holds its shape really well. To see the front view of this outfit go here.

3. The Choker Tee: Under $18
Tee: Express | Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Fossil | Front view of this outfit: here

Shop the Look:


I tend to favor more classic pieces than trends, but I still like to get one or two trendy items each season provided they work easily with everything else in my wardrobe. For this season, my trend of choice has been the choker necklace and this choker tee has been fun to wear. For under $18 it's a great deal. This comes in several other great colors and I'd love to collect them all, but I'm trying to limit myself to just one since I don't think it's a piece that will become a wardrobe staple.
Express Choker Tee
Top Row Colors: HERE
Bottom Row Colors: HERE

4. The Sparkly Clutch: Under $20
Top: Express (Colors Vary) | Necklace: LOFT  (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Bracelet: Stella & Dot | Shoes: DV Safia | Clutch: Express (Current)

Shop the Look:


I bought my Glitter Clutch at Express last year and it's one of those pieces that always draws compliments when I carry it. All I have to do is add some heels, sparkly jewels and this clutch to my everyday outfit basics and they instantly go from day to night. If you don't have a sparkly clutch like this now is a great time to get one for under $20 and put it to use all throughout the holiday season. I don't think my pictures or the stock photo captures how glittery this is in person, but I snapped a photo in store where the lighting really brought out the sparkles:


The wristlets work if you want to carry just the essentials for a night out (phone, credit card, lipstick), otherwise go for the clutch if you don't like to be too restricted on space.
Express Glitter Clutch and wristlet
Top Row Glitter Clutches: Here ($19.95)
Bottom Row Glitter Wristlets: One | Two | Three ($14.95 each)


And that's it for my under $20 favorites! I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! Mine will be pretty quiet as we're staying local and don't have any family in town, but hopefully it will be relaxing and enjoyable all the same.

P.S. Bloggers - don't forget to add your Black Friday posts to the Link-Up here throughout the week for your chance to win a Nordstrom Gift Card!

Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. Really loving the color of that pink top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your picks are so cute, I am taking it easy today and tomorrow as well. I hope you have great Thanksgiving with your family. I am thankful for you.


    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the berry color of the London tee! I like to replace my white tees every season so this is the perfect time! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of these! Thanks for all the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Wren Grey shade in the skimming tee! While definitely not grey, it's a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you suggest rose gold or shiny gold for the long (express) necklace in your first picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I own both Rose Gold and Shiny Gold and I personally wear Shiny Gold a lot more. I think partly because I like to pair it with Elisa necklaces (the short necklace I'm wearing in the first pic) and most of the ones I own have a gold chain, so it goes better. And I just own more gold jewelry than rose gold because it's easier to find in general. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I just ordered one for me and one for my sister-in-law. You have also introduced me to the portofino shirts and I now have three.

      Delete
    3. Oh I'm so glad to hear that the Portofino is working out for you! Hope you and your SIL like your new necklaces as much as I like mine! :)

      Delete
  7. i cannot believe that tee was under $10! what a bargain. i am glad i didn't see this post while the sales were going because the sparkly clutch is so pretty and such a good idea especially for this time of year. i prefer the one you have (unless it's the same and my eyes REALLY need glasses).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!