11/25/16

Outfit Recap + Sale Purchases

|
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I promised I would share the items I purchased from the Express Black Friday sale I'm following through with that in today's post. I'm also doing a very quick outfit recap since the vast majority of items I'm wearing are still 50% off just through noon today. Things are selling out faster than I can keep my links up-to-date with inventory so my apologies in advance if you end up on a dead end page.

Outfit Recap

ONE: 
Jacket: Express | Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: Amazon

TWO: 
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express (Same Color Cami) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch | Shoes: Nordstrom

THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Flats: Amazon | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks

FOUR:
Jacket: Express (Similar, Similar) | Tank: Target | Jeans: Express | Booties: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Stella & Dot

Front View:

Shop items from these outfits that are currently 50% off :



Express Sale Purchases
The temperatures are dropping a little here so I used this sale to start preparing my closet for winter with some new sweaters. I have a feeling some of these pieces are not going to work out for me due to fit, but I ordered them so I can try them at the sale price.
Express Black Friday 2016 Purchases
Row Two: Black Sweater |  Earrings | Glitter Clutch 

Olive Sweater: Caryl has this sweater and I love it on her, but it looks cropped on the model. I' just have to see it on myself to decide if the length in front works for me or not.

Striped Sweater: Carolina has this one and it looks like a nice, classic piece. The reviews said it ran small so I ordered one size up and am hoping for the best.

Cable Knit Sweater: I've seen this in store and I liked the color and overall look, but I didn't try it on so I'm not sure if the distressing will be so see-through that it needs a cami underneath. So yet another gamble with this piece!

Black V Neck Sweater: This style of sweater was a staple for me when I lived in Seattle, but I stopped wearing them when I moved to San Diego. I'd like to try this with a sequin mini skirt for holiday parties etc. or just as a warmer layer under my jackets in the winter since sometimes I want something warmer than a t-shirt. 

Earrings & Clutch: My own post on Wednesday made me order this clutch! I have a gold version of this and love it so much I decided to get the black version too. The earrings are something I saw in store that look fun and sparkly for date night or holiday parties without being too big or heavy for my tastes.

There's always a chance I'll end up placing a Cyber Monday order after I see what all my friends get from the sale, and I'm also going to be checking out some other retailers when they launch their deals as well so I'll do my best to keep you all up to date. Hope you all had some success with your wishlists as well! 

For my blogger friends, you can still join our Black Friday link-up below for a chance to win a Nordstrom Gift Card! Here are the winner eligibility requirements:
  1. Add your Black Friday themed post (whether it's a Wishlist, Gift Guide, Sale Guide, etc.) to our link-up anytime between Tuesday, November 22 and Friday, November 25.
  2. Include links back to all three link-up hosts: Pinksole, More Pieces of Me, and On the Daily Express within the exact post you are adding to the link up.
See you all next week!




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. As usual, I love all your outfits. The burgundy pieces are so good. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good sale finds! I need to get to shoppin today :)

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted by the Express sale. I'm Canadian and can never have enough sweaters. However, I also just ordered a few sweaters from Aritzia which ate most of my budget -_-

    I can tell you that I tried the cable knit sweater at Express in olive green and it was not see through at all. It was however way too baggy for my taste. I like the v-neck black sweater, I will get that if they have it in other colours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color palette Love all your outfits !!! I've never been able to take pictures like that
    X,abril

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, those outfits are just so cool and very fine. I know they would fit me perfectly too. So many times to get for the season now.

    brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see how your BF purchases worked out! I've been curious about that pink distressed sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love the olive sweater, but ew if it is cropped. not a fan. unless it works on you of course haha. cropped never looks good on me. the distressing on the cable knit is interesting. haha i love that you ordered a new clutch (and that my eyes weren't as horrible as i thought).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!