10/26/16

What's Up Wednesday October

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review because it's a fun way to share some random topics here in addition to my usual outfits and shopping posts.

I answered several of the questions from the prompt below, so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.


What I'm eating this week:
I'm so redundant with meals. I posted about this salad mix and some of my other Trader Joe's favorites back in June, and I still use this stuff almost every day for lunch. Instead of using the mix-ins that come in the bag, I add my own chicken, dried cranberries, goat cheese and wontons and toss it with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar (Trader Joe's Gold Balsamic is my favorite).

What I'm loving:
On the fashion front, I'm loving choker necklaces and I posted a few of my personal favorites and wishlist pieces here. Aside from fashion, I'm loving family life! October was packed with a lot of family fun from pumpkin patches to fall festivals to Halloween parties and I enjoyed every minute.

What I've been up to:
Aside from the obvious blogging and mom life stuff, I'm still training in Tae Kwon Do (I attend classes with my kids) and slowly moving up the belt ranks. And of course, I still love to take dance classes and consider that my "girl's night out" one night a week.

What I'm working on:
I spent a little time last week cleaning out my closet and switching out some of my summer sandals for boots and booties. I have a few things I feel like I should sell rather than donate, but as always I am indecisive about the best way to do that. (Poshmark? Instagram Story? Instagram Closet?)  If you have a preference for buying or selling let me know in the comments!

What I'm watching:
I'm still tuning in to Dancing with the Stars every week! So far none of my favorites have been eliminated, and I am predicting that the finals will come down to Val/Laurie and Sharna/James. (And coincidentally those happen to be my top two favorites!)

What I'm reading:
Last month I finished two books, so here's my quick review on each of those:

I shared my initial thoughts on Pledged when I was about 20% into this book last month and my opinion didn't change by the time I finished. It was an interesting look at Sorority life, but it wasn't a smooth read. There were so many girls and characters and story lines it was hard to follow. On top of that, the author kept interrupting the girls' stories to share documentary-style facts and studies about Greek Life. That just made it even more difficult to keep track of what was going on. I did learn a lot and find it fascinating, it just wasn't a page-turner and I felt like it needed to be two separate books, not one.

Swept Away: Sacha recommended this book on her Snapchat and it was a fun, easy read. As I put this post together I noticed that the original title of this book was "Runaway Mistress," and that actually fits the story better. At first I was put off by the main character's lifestyle of "professional mistress." But things changed quickly for her and I enjoyed the character's evolution and her change in perspective on what things really matter in life.


I just purchased November 9 to read next but am only about 4 pages in so not much to say about it yet. However I already decided I need to finish it by November 9. It just makes sense.

What I'm listening to:
I've been listening to the entire Halsey album "Badlands" lately, and if you need something to get you in a spooky, creepy mood for Halloween, it's perfect. Haunting and Control are especially perfect for this time of year!

What I'm wearing:
Every month I recap my top four most-liked Instagram outfits of the month. This month I'm sharing the top four that still have exact options available for key pieces. Most people prefer shopping for exact vs. similar items so I try to give those more blog space when possible.


ONE:
Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar Option w/ more Sizes) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: Express | Booties: Target | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:


TWO
Jacket: BB Dakota | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: ExpressShoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:


THREE: 
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: J Crew (Similar) | Nails: Essie "Model Clicks"

Shop the Look:


FOUR: 
Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express (Current) | Jeans: Express | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Amazon | Ring: Nordstrom | (Front view of this outfit here)

Shop the Look:


Front View

What I'm looking forward to next month:
I'm ready for the election to be over next month. Enough said!

Bonus Question: Favorite Halloween memory or tradition?
Last year my husband helped make Halloween very memorable for a lot of people in the neighborhood with his costume (below). Some of our friends in the neighborhood secretly let him into their house to hide in their garage and then come scare family members (just adults! not kids). He had some really funny stories to tell afterwardds. Mind you, I am sure that if I were one of the adults he scared I don't think I would find it nearly as funny! So I'm fully prepared for karma to come and get me this year (and beyond) for laughing at the expense of everyone who went running out of their homes after seeing my husband dressed up!


Thanks for catching up with me today and I'll see back on Friday!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. I remember you posted this pic on snapchat last year so funny! We are both loving chokers and I'm still obsessed with that TJ salad.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tae Kwon Do sounds so awesome! And I am loving your plaid top, such pretty colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just commented on Rachelle's post about my obsession for chokers too lol! How sweet that you are taking Tae Kwon Do with your kids! I bet they must love that!

    Enjoy your Wednesday!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is November 9th so I feel like I should pick up that book this week and read it! Your husband's costume looks amazing! Val and Laurie are my favorites on Dancing with the Stars too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea about this costume of his! I totally missed it! I would freak out!!! Haha! I love it! And personally, Poshmark was a nightmare for me. I made more money with a lot less hassle on eBay for sure. Though that was at the early stages of Poshmark so maybe it's improved. Though my experience was so awful, I am not interested in giving it a second try! Wish we could just have a local blog closet pop up shop!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same predicament! I cleaned out my closet too, including some leather bags that I want to sell. Just have no idea how to do it but after reading Caryl's comment I'm not doing poshmark. eBay sounds like my best bet and if that doesn't work, I'll try something else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep checking back on that BB Dakota jacket I love to see if they restocked sizes. It's such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i used to sell on ebay, but it's too much work nowadays. i did send a HUGE bag to thredup so hopefully i get like, $10. honestly because anything is better than nothing, and if i lose lots of money (which i will) then that will teach me not to shop as much, or at least make better decisions (well, 29 years later and it hasn't taught me yet, but maybe?).
    swept away sounds really cute. added to my list! though i haven't really picked up a book in like a month, i kid you not (who am i?!). i can't wait to hear what you think of november 9! i haven't read it, but i've heard good things. i've read a few of her other books and have felt different feelings about each of them lol.
    your husband is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And that's why I love Halloween so much!Bur we don't do that here in the Netherlands, sadly. But I made my own Halloween party on the blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Tae Kwon Do when I was younger I have been thinking about going back now as I am older. I loved the way it made me feel then I wonder if it would have the same feeling now. lol

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you know you can create short links with LinkShrink and get dollars for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!