10/14/16

Outfit Recap + Storewide 40% Off Sale 10/14/16

|
Good news! There's another Express just announced a storewide 40% off sale! I really wasn't expecting another sale like this until Black Friday, but I'm not complaining! I do have a couple of items on my wishlist that I was waiting to purchase...and I guess the wait is over now that everything is on sale. Most of my tops and jeans in these outfits are included in the sale so now's a great time to scoop them up!

Outfit Recap:

ONE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, length customized by me)

Notes: Oh my. This plaid shirt was in stock earlier this week when I posted this outfit on Instagram. And now it's sold out online (possibly still available in store) again! There is an identical version of this shirt with graphic writing on the back (see it here) if you don't mind that. If you're not fan of the writing, I'm displaying a few other options of the same style/cut of shirt just below. They don't have a similar color, but all of these have the same fit, super-soft texture, and a good selection of sizes...for now!

Shop the Look:



TWO:
Tee: Express  | Jeans: Express | Bracelet: Express | Shoes: Nordstrom Rack | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott (Similar)


Notes: This t-shirt is just under $13 with the current sale, and it's the same exact style as the white one I'm wearing in Outfit Four. I love these because they're so low-fuss. The curved hem means I don't have to tuck them in and they hit at just the right flattering place on my hips. Only XS and Small sizes remain for the short sleeve grey version, but the 3/4 Sleeve version has all sizes still available here (and displayed below). I also own the 3/4 sleeve version, but the current temps here have been more suited to short sleeves.

Shop the Look:


THREE: Berry Cami + Grey Cardigan
Cami: Express | Cardigan: Express (Similar) | Necklace: ExpressJeans: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Stella & Dot 

Notes:

Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Tee: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Shoes: Target | Ring: Kendra Scott (Option)

Notes: Same style tee as Outfit Two, different color! As for these booties, I decided to get a pair of non-sneakers for my weekend family activities where we usually do a lot of walking around different parts of town. This pair from Target ran true to size for me and fit the bill at a reasonable price. They are called "Flat Booties" but technically have about a one-inch heel, but that's close enough to flat for me. I do think I will add a padded insole to them next time I wear them. That seems to go a long way to adding comfort on budget-friendly shoes.

Shop the Look:


Front View:

Sale Picks:


For those who like to know what I ordered from the sale and have the chance to get the same pieces at the 40% off price (since the sale is typically over by the time my order arrives and I put the new pieces into outfits), here's what I'll probably be wearing in the near future!

Choker Tee:
I ordered this last week so I should have it any day now and I can't wait! It looks comfortable and like my typical basics...but with the fun touch of the choker neckline. I ordered the Blush color but it does come in five colors (the three below plus bright pink and black), so there's something for every skin tone.
All colors HERE

Plaid Shirt:
For months I've been saying I wanted more of the Oversized Plaid shirts (same style as Outfit One above) and this sale seems like the perfect time to grab a couple that will work for Fall and Winter.

First, I ordered this one. Sizes are limited online now but my local stores had quite a few of these left so it's worth giving yours a call if this is on your wishlist.

I also made a quick stop in-store the other day and here's what I tried vs. purchased:
TopsOne | Two | Three | Four  
Also Wearing: Jeans | Shoes (under $20) | Choker ($8.00!)

These two look almost identical but in person they are different. Tee One is Plush Jersey and a slightly thicker fabric. It's the same shirt/fabric as my Olive tee in the first look hereI feel like it holds its shape better and the v neck is just a touch higher than the standard London Tee, both of which are pros for me. In person (and in better lighting) tee one is also brighter and has marled fabric (hints of black thread). Tee Two is a more true burgundy, and this exact color from my try-on may not be currently available online. The closest I see is Plum, and that looks more purple than this. (If I haven't mentioned it lately I really wish they would put color names on their products in store so I know exactly what I'm getting!) I chose Tee One for the sturdier fabric.

This was a tough choice because I liked both of these. Shirt One is called "Red Plaid" but it's not red, and I don't think the product picture is quite accurate either. It definitely has more burgundy/wine/berry/plum tones. Regardless, Shirt Four just felt more "me" so that's what ended up coming home with me. I may not end up keeping both this and the Turquoise Plaid if it seems too similar to this once it arrives.

Shop these Pieces:


* * *
That's all for today! If you're shopping the sale too be sure to let me know what you got so I don't miss out on something great before the sale ends!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. I think I waited for the best sale, I'm for sure picking up a few things.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this plaid shirts. All are amazing. Nice advice.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those choker tees are fabulous! I'm also loving your berry cami and bag! Have the best weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the plaid shirts! Express really does make a great one, and I need to get it. I liked the material when I tried it. I always prefer tees with a little jersey to them because I think they hold shape better too. Happy Friday friend!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirt four does look more you than shirt three! Good pick! And I am just in love with the plush material! I have it now in that same top you got (twinsies woo!) and a couple of pencil skirts, and a long sleeved tee and it is just soooo soft and amazing. Official addict!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the london tees are my absolute favourite things of all time. i prefer the 3/4 sleeve version, i feel like they are so dressy but still casual.. like, dressy for me lol. i really want/need some new work pants, and i love the editor ones.. but of course, they are out of my size except in colours i don't want. rage! probably for the best. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the looks.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see how you style the choker tee! That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picks! I love the plaid blouses. Would love to see you at my Fancy Friday linkup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!