10/21/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Favorites 10/20/16

|
Welcome to another Friday recap of recent outfits and favorite things. Ready, set, go....

Outfit Recap:

ONE:
Plaid Shirt: Express (Similar Option w/ more Sizes) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bag: c/o Fossil | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: Express | Booties: Target | Ring: Nordstrom

I wore this outfit to the Fallbrook Harvest Faire last weekend and it was perfect for the moderate temps and activities (lots of walking, pony rides, hay ride, food, petting zoo etc.) If you're in the San Diego area I highly recommend the festival. Fallbrook is just outside San Diego but felt like a different state entirely. It had a nice small town feel and wasn't too crowded (unlike festivals here in San Diego) so we got to enjoy everything without waiting in long lines, etc.

Shop the Look:


TWO:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Choker Necklace: Amazon | Druzy Pendant: Kendra Scott | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Amazon

I shared more details about this top when I tried it on in this post, but the outdoor lighting gives a much better look at the actual color and marled fabric. No regrets with this purchase!

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: ShoeDazzle | Layering Cami: TargetLeggings: ExpressNecklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Shoes: Express (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift, Similar)

The last time I wore this top I wore it tucked in with shorts (second outfit here) so it didn't show just how long it is. It's probably the longest top I own, and as you can see from the front view it covers everything and then some in leggings. I'm 5'4", but I think even ladies who are quite a bit taller than me would have good coverage with this.

Shop the Look:


FOUR:

Top: Express (Current) | Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra ScottShoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon

These striped t-shirts make such easy outfits, and I'm really glad Express brought them back this year! As I mentioned in this post, the new versions seem to have one additional stripe at the neckline compared to last year (my version) but still the same fit, hemline, stripe width, spacing etc.

Shop the Look:


Front View:

Recent Favorites:


1. Mascara Primer:
A couple of weeks ago, Laura (you might recognize her from our Fall Collaboration Series) mentioned this product on her Instagram story and said it was the best for creating thick, full lashes. I have never used a mascara primer...I just figured it would be the same as adding additional coats of mascara? But I decided to give it a go and wow, I'm hooked. It's like 3 coats of mascara in one, then I apply one coat of my current favorite everyday mascara (Maybelline the Falsies) and boom. Thick, full lashes with no clumps!
Buy it on Amazon or in store at Target, Rite Aid, CVS etc.


2. Favorite Questions of the Week: Pinterest Issues
I had good intentions of making this Q&A segment a weekly thing but looks like the last one happened a month ago. Regardless, if there's a question that comes up in the comments here or on Instagram that may be helpful to more than just one reader I'll keep trying to add them here! I had two questions related to Pinterest this month so I'll answer them both here.



Question: Millie asked, "Where is your Pin button? I have tried every one on this page and I can't pin your outfits."

Answer: I have no idea why that disappeared off my blog. I did have some computer issues not long ago and everything was off after that. But I figured out how to get it back, so you should be able to hover over any image and see the red "P Save" button. Just click that to Pin. The only exception would be a handful of images throughout the blog that I have deliberately blocked from being Pinned since they're more personal in nature and I don't think they belong on Pinterest.

Question: Sheryl asked, "How do you add a Pin-It Button to your images?"

Answer: Funny you should ask since I just had to go through the process of re-adding mine! Go here for the tutorial I used to add the Pin Hover button back to my images. On the flip side, if you're a blogger like me who has a few images here and there that you want to share with your readers but don't want all over Pinterest, here is a good tutorial on keeping those blog-only.

* * *

And that's all for today! Another week in the books and I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. Hope you all have a great one and see you back next week!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

12 comments:

  1. yes mascara primers are so good, been using them on and off for years. As always very cute outfits.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very lovely outfits as always.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the berry colored tee and choker! I need to check out that mascara primer! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially loving that plaid outfit! I am so ready for plaids! It got warm again here this week. :( It's so nice to have a longer top as an option when you want it. And I bought that primer too! It's great. They make my favorite mascara too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh yes that long top speaks to my soul. might have to ask for it for christmas (that doesn't count as shopping). wait, excuse me, is it seriously $5?? i have never heard of shoe dazzle. i'm intrigued.
    i've been meaning to try that mascara primer for aaaages. i've heard it's amazing. good to know you like it too!
    i didn't notice your pin it button left, because i have the pin it thing like up in my... what's it called? you know, i can add things to polyvore, amazon wishlist, etc etc. i have a pinterest one too. that's what i use. it still blocks what you want it to block though, which is good :) and by you i mean anyone, because i do that too. very nifty trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird that you are seeing $5 for the tunic top! It's showing $19.95 for me...same price as when I got it. :) Maybe you get a special new person promotion that I don't!

      Delete
  6. I need to try that primer! I have been toying with the idea of buying lash growth serum from Nordstrom called neulash but it's expensive (though not as much as extensions). I can't do extensions because of my allergies! So maybe l will try this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plaid is gorgeous! I love it even more every time I see it! Those jeans are portably one of my fave pairs of yours also! <3
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfits! I totally adore your beautiful necklaces! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely like full lashes so I am getting that primer asap! My pinterest button disappeared a few months ago too. How strange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!