10/18/16

Favorite Fall Trend: The Choker Necklace

|
Welcome to the final week of our "Ten Take on Fall" collaboration series! Each week, ten bloggers from across the U.S. and Canada share their take on three different fall fashion themes.  This week, each of the bloggers below are sharing their favorite Fall 2016:


ten-take-on-fall
(See direct links to each blog at the end of this post)

Most of us will this week will be picking a favorite from this Stylecaster list of the top twelve trends for Fall 2016. This Fall there is one trend I'm loving in particular and that's the choker necklace. I feel like it allows me to keep my same overall basic style but give it a more current look just by changing one piece. I've purchased a few that you may have noticed in recent outfits:

One: Gold + Neutrals
Jacket: Nordstrom (Very Similar under $50!) | Tee: Nordstrom Rack (Similar) | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Express (In Store Only, Option) | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Shoes: Amazon |  Front view of this outfit here(About halfway down the page or search olive drape jacket.)

This was the first choker necklace I purchased for Fall, and unfortunately it's sold out online, but you may find it in store. If not, the Target option I linked to is only $15 and while it's not exactly a dupe, it does use neutral suede with gold leaf detail, so at least it's a reasonably priced option!

Shop the Look:



Two: Silver
Cami: Express | Cardigan: Express (Similar) | Necklace: ExpressJeans: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | (Front view of this outfit here)

Once I started wearing my gold choker I knew I wanted a silver option since I'm an equal opportunity metal employer. I love the layered look and triangle details of this one from Express and don't have anything negative to say about the purchase!

Shop the Look:


Three: Basic Black
Jacket: Nordstrom | Cami: Express (Current) | Jeans: Express | Bag: Amazon | Shoes: Amazon | Necklace: Amazon | Ring: Nordstrom | (Front view of this outfit here)

This $8.00 choker from Amazon was my most recent purchase, and this style seems to be the kind I see the most frequently on my Instagram feed. An associate at Express actually complimented me on it when I went in store and she asked me if it was from their store. Ha! What are the odds?

Shop the Look:


Four: The Choker Tee

On Sunday I shared a full review on my new choker tee, but here's another look at that piece since it's relevant to today's topic
Tee: Express | Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) | Shoes: Amazon (Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Kendra Scott | Bag: c/o Fossil

Shop the Look:


Finally, here's the front view of these four outfits:

The Wishlist

Affordable Options:
I have a few chokers on my wishlist, and most of them are under $25. I guess I'm especially drawn to the layered variety, and here's a peek at a few I'd love to add to my collection in the near future:




Splurge Options:
It's no secret that I love Kendra Scott jewelry, but it's more of a splurge item for me. All of the pieces below are from the Kendra Scott Winter collection, and I immediately wanted this choker set when I saw it in their marketing materials. Unfortunately the three separate necklaces adds up to one pricey neck party. But. It's a wishlist so it's okay to wish!
Top Necklace: Kendra Scott ($75)| Middle Necklace: Kendra Scott ($130) | Bottom Necklace: Kendra Scott ($75) (Pretty sure it's this one but they weren't labeled.) |  Earrings: Kendra Scott ($295) (These are too big for me so they're not on my wishlist, but linked for the curious and/or those who have $300 to spend on earrings!)

* * *

If you missed any of my previous posts in our Ten Take on Fall Series, you can get caught up with these links:

Summer Staples Repurposed For Fall
Warm Climate, Fall Style

Make sure to use the links below to stop by each blogger in this series and see which trends they're loving this Fall! Throughout the series we haven't shared our posts with each other in advance so it's always been a fun surprise to see who chose the same items or stands alone each week!


Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. I love chokers too how did I miss these KS pieces, they are sooo good.

    xo
    Pinksole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the choker tee, such a fun way to partake in this trend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear those chokers so well! I love the trend but don't think I could pull it off! Those KS pieces are gorgeous!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! You are rocking the choker trend like crazy! I love how you layer them for a fun effect!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved this series you ladies have been doing! I still don't have a choker and not sure they would suit me. You wear all of yours so well so I'm definitely inspired, I really love the black one and the choker top is super cute!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! That Kendra Scott combo looks amazing!! Admittedly, I haven't jumped on this choker trend yet, but you are making a good case for them! I do love them on other people, so maybe this is one step closer to having one of my very own! I think the silver one is my favorite of this roundup!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely working on building my choker collection. You have such a talent at knowing exactly which to choose and layer with other necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those earrings are HUGE. and yeah $300 LOL NO. the necklaces are pretty but you are right, one pricey neck party!! i love that the express associate thought the black necklace was from their store, and she complimented you. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That choker tee I saw on your IG feed and I love it! I also saw the black choker you were wearing and loved it, too! I just purchased a few chokers from Charming Charlie, they actually have quite a few at great prices! None of them looked like the Kendra Scott ones, though... I love her jewelry, too! I ask for my husband for it for special occasions, sometimes!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize you owned more than one! They are all lovely and your expression about being an equal opportunity metal employer cracked me up! I can't wait to get my silver choker from Stella and dot. It'll be my first but possibly not last one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss, I'm totally into chokers too. Such a fun throwback trend. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina, you seriously have THE most enviable collection of jackets!!! And neckpieces too. I mean, like I'm truly coveting everything I see.

    And I really do hope you'll come by the blog today, I'm trying something new. A giveaway. I've styled three looks using the same shirt dress, and I'd like to know which is your fave outfit. In return, you stand to win a Beauty Giftpack :)

    Right here https://sheelagoh.com/2016/10/18/karma-chameleon/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love that "choker" tee from Express! I want it now! Found your blog from the What I Wore Link-up Party. Great post!!!

    Sarah Bell
    www.trendyandtidy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!