9/20/16

Fall Wish List

|
I'm trying to be very intentional in building my fall wardrobe with staple pieces that will get plenty of use, but it's been hard to find exactly what I want in some cases, and easy to get "distracted" (and therefore use up the shopping budget!) by some of the current trends. I own (or previously owned) similar pieces to most of my wishlist items but I feel like I a slightly different version could be very functional. So here's a look at what I'm shopping for lately...but not necessarily buying until I find the right one!

1. Animal Print Satchel
I absolutely love my "Ocelot" crossbody bag (that's the product name...tutorial on leopard vs. cheetah print here if you need one), but I have plenty of days where I'm carrying all of the mom things and need something bigger than this. But I've never been able to find one with a print, size, and price that I like. I posted a few options below and my favorite is the Dune version, but I am afraid with so much black it won't be as neutral as my crossbody so I haven't taken the plunge.
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Tunic Tank: Target (Maternity for Length) | Leggings: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Boots: Target (Similar) | Ring: Express | Bag: Tory Burch

Shop the Look:


Leopard Satchel Options:



2. Black Peep Toe Booties
I had a pair of black peep toe booties from Target, but I didn't like the way they fastened. I ultimately wore them out anyway, so now I'm in the market for a replacement pair. I do love the Vince Camuto pair that Carylee has (see them on her here or in image below), but it would be nice to find something similar at a lower price point.
Sweater: Express (Similar) | Cami: ExpressNecklace: Express  | Jeans: Express | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Shoes: Target (Options Below)

Shop the Look:


Black Peep Toe Bootie Options:



3. Fall Dress
Now that I've come around to wearing dresses more often, I'm thinking I'd like something similar to my stretch tank dress below, but with sleeves and/or in a fall color. Once again finding the right color, fit, neckline and price is a little challenging, but I have a few "maybe" options displayed below this look.
Jacket: Nordstrom | Dress: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Ring: Stella & Dot | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Sandals: Sam Edelman

Shop the Look:


Fall Dress Options:


4. Leopard Flats
I wear my leopard wedges a lot and they're great, but sometimes for the amount of walking or standing I'll be doing, flats make more sense. Just like everything else, finding the right pair at the right price is easier said than done! I've found a few possible options below at various price points.
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Leopard Wedges: Sole Society (Current Version) | Bag: Amazon

Shop the Look:


Leopard Flat Options:


Front View of My Outfits:


Right now I think the shoe options for both the peep toe booties and leopard flats are looking like my best bet. I might have to spend a little more than I originally wanted, but sometimes it's worth it for exactly the right piece. As for the bag and dress, I'm not completely any loving the options I've found (either because of price or cut/color), so if you've seen or own something you think I might love, be sure to let me know!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. great wishlist, finding the right dress is always challenging. Last year Express had the ruched dress with long sleeves, I would really love to find one with quarter sleeves instead.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so smart to make a wish list. I usually just start whimsically buying things. That Express dress is a must for you, but I also think you would look great in that Nordstrom dress with the blouse effect on top. Well, you'd look great in everything. Good luck finding the right animal print purse (although I've always envied that TB small you have). The right one will eventually find you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress option you posted from Express! And leopard bags are so hard to shop for! I will continue to keep my eye open for you!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea to actually document the wishlist. Mine is always random so I buy too many things. This year my no.1 item is to replace my old parka I've been wearing since 2005. Since a good parka that can withstand our Canadian winters is a good $700-$1000 or so, the rest of my wish list is small :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the gray leith dress from Nordstrom. The neckline is higher than yours, does that still work with a jean jacket and tassel necklace you think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think the neckline would work with a tassel necklace. And it would probably work with a jean jacket, but it would have to be longer than the one I have. I wouldn't want it cropped so that the blouson part of the dress was bulging out from under the jacket. I'd want the jacket to go over the blouson area to create a smooth line. Might take some trial and error to find the right jacket!

      Delete
  6. Open toe booties are on my wishlist too! Let me know if you find some that you like at a lower price point and I'll do the same! That grey dress from Nordstrom is so cute and a good option!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to replace my leopard flats with something of better quality. I am all for spending a tad more on shoes when they are leather or suede and I know they will break in better and will last a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your accessories.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the looks are Amazing!! My fav piece has to be those booties!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking I want a larger animal print bag as well. I really love the draping of that second cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great whistle. Love all accessories. Thanks for sharing.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great and well thought out list. I always appreciate how thoughtful you are about your own style and function when dressing.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmmm i really like the selfridges bag.. i like animal print, but i am super picky about the style as well, so i understand the frustration in finding the perfect one. i am still looking for the perfect scarf that is actually warm, affordable and i like the print. 5 years later lol.
    i got my leopard flats from..... american eagle? i think? like the store, not the payless brand. they are surprisingly comfortable, were only $20 and the print is exactly what i wanted. i bought them last year though.
    i can't wait to see what dresses you pick up! i love dresses with sleeves, i just love dresses for fall. the leith one from nordstrom that you linked to is gorgeous! i want it. my only problem with a dress like that is that my hips are far too wide for something to be loose on top and tight on bottom.. i need tight all around or tight up top, loose on the bottom. anywho.
    good luck finding all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally need a leopard satchel in my life- especially that it's officially fall!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gina! I recently found your blog/instagram and love it and also started following Carylee because of you. You guys are adorable. I have a similar style and love for Express and you guys have inspired me to mix things up differently. Okay, enough love, on to my questions:

    1. I recently purchased the olive jeans from Express and really like them. Their washing instructions are "line dry", do you line dry yours or have you ever put them in the dryer and if so, was it okay?
    2. Because of your influence I have revisited Express jeans which I used to wear back in the day but then stopped. I like the olive ones so much I'm going to try a regular denim pair. I was surprised at how much the sizing has changed. I tried on a zero and they were too big so I ended up ordering a double zero which is ridiculous because I am not a double zero. You look tinier than I am, yet the jeans look so nice on you (not too big). I am wondering if you find the sizing to be large also, or maybe you're just taller so they fit different?

    Thanks for all the inspo!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! I'm glad you found me (and Carylee) and find our content helpful! Here are my answers:
      1. I hang all of my jeans to dry (including the olive pair). I don't like to put jeans in the dryer. So...I can't say how they would hold up if you did! I imagine they'd shrink some.
      2. I'm 5'4" and always get the short length in jeans. Height may factor into fit a bit! As far as running true to size or not, I am not the best reference for that because 99% of my pants/jeans/skirts are from Express! The only other brand I own is Vigoss from Nordstrom, and those run the same as Express for me. So 24=00, 25=0, 25=2. I've own some jeans from Gap in the past 5 years and those were also equal to Express sizing for me! So that's as far as my frame of reference goes. If they run big I don't really know any different. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Gina for replying! I think I'll stick with hang drying for now. The only other jeans I have currently are from Guess and they run a little smaller than Express. I've also worn Gap in the past but like Guess better. I've ordered my first pair of Express jean leggings (other than the olive ones), I'm hoping they look as good on me as they do on you! :)

      Delete
  16. Great post! I'm nodding at this entire list! I also have those black peep toe booties (thanks in part to Caryl) and I must say Gina, I think you need them. And I don't say that lightly! I really recommend them and hoping I can break them out myself soon. I also want a new pair of leopard flats because sadly my Steve Madden ones are super stretched out and they aren't comfortable anymore. I like the option you listed so I might get them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!