8/26/16

Outfits on the Daily + Flashback Friday 8/26/16

|
I'm still wearing summer clothes full-time (although I have noticed the slightest drop in temperatures), but I realize most people (including myself) aren't really shopping for a lot of new summer pieces and are planning ahead for fall instead. So today I'm trying something new for my Outfit Recap to see if I can make it more useful for those planning ahead. I'm sharing each outfit I wore this week, plus a past outfit (hence the Flashback Friday title) where I styled the key piece of the outfit for fall weather.

Outfit Recap:

ONE: 

Denim Shirt for Summer
Top: Express | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Bag: Amazon | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Ring: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Denim Shirt for Fall (ish...I'd swap the sandals for leopard booties or cognac peep toe booties)
Top: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Bracelets: Express | Watch: Fossil | Sandals: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:



TWO: 

Black Tank Dress for Summer
Top: Express | Dress: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra ScottBag: Danielle Nicole | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:


Black Tank Dress for Fall:

Top: Express | Dress: Express (Similar) | Jacket: Express (Current) |Necklace: Bloomingdales (Gift, Similar) |  Bag: Tory Burch (Similar) | Boots: Target (Similar) | Ring: Kendra Scott (Similar)

Shop the Look:



Front View:
Individual versions of front view outfits (summer version only) available: here

THREE: 

Striped Cami for Summer:
Top: Express (Similar) | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:


Striped Cami for Fall:
Top: Express (Similar) | Jacket: Express (Similar) | Short Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Long Necklace: Stella & Dot | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Target (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


FOUR: 

Grey Tee for Summer:
Tee: Nordstrom | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, Budget Dupe) | Shorts: J Crew Factory | Sandals: Target | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks (Gift with Purchase) | Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Look:



Grey Tee for Fall:
Jacket: Express (Current) | Tee: Old Navy (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT (Similar)


Shop the Look:



Front View:
Individual versions of front view outfits (summer version only) available: here

I hope today's format was helpful! A retail shopping goes, most exact items from last year are no longer available but I did my best to find similar options at a similar price to what I originally paid. 

Twice as many outfits to post means I didn't have time left to share any additional favorites, but one of my favorite shirts is still 40% off as I shared on Wednesday. The Free Shipping Promo ended but the deals on Jeans and Portofino shirts is still on so get the full scoop on styling options and fit notes here. And finally, there are just a few days left in the Macbook + Kate Spade Giveaway so don't forget to enter here! Have a great weekend!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne |  Lindsey | Alison

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. I love fall fashion so much, so of course I'm drawn to all of your fall variations! All of the outfits look so cute though. In summer, it's usually just trying to find an outfit that won't make me sweat as much as possible. Then in the fall I can actually try to look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ruched dress will get so much wear this, it pairs so well with boots and jackets cannot wait!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is such a great post! I always love seeing how other people change up the same piece because the reality is that we all do that. That striped cami is one of my favorites of yours.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your summer outfits translate to fall! Great inspiration for outfit planning! Have the best weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man you just reminded me that the beloved moto jacket is probably going to be too big for me this fall. Wahhhh!!! I still really love it paired with the stripes!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a clever format - i love the dress with the boots, one day i might try that :) have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea for a post. We are in the weird time when it's still in the 90s, but we start to see images of ankle boots and plaid scarves. And when someone shows pumpkin creamer on their snapchat, you know fall is right around the corner. I know you say you don't like to wear dresses, but you should really buy that tank dress in every color Express comes out with. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Fall isn't my favorite season but Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate IS my favorite creamer so I don't waste any time buying that once it's in store! And thank you for the compliments! Having those tank dresses (and I think they're all sold out online now or I WOULD get more colors) has really warmed me up to dresses because they are just so convenient on days I'm in a hurry! I do think you'll see me wearing a few more dresses now and then.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the transitional fall outfit ideas. Could really use those ideas with our cooler mornings lately. (Question: you said in a prior post that you altered your Stella and Dot Legend necklace to fit better--which is what I have to do. Did you use jump rings to shorten it)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rina...funny you mention the cooler mornings! Today I was like, "Oh...I could wear pants this morning!" What a quick shift from that heat wave! As far as my Stella Dot pendant, I had to google "jump rings" to see what you meant. I did not use any additional pieces to add to the necklace, but I will tell you it was the most difficult jewelry modification I have done to date. I removed some links (easy enough) and then just opened the teeeeeny tiny loops on the chain to re-attach the end hooks. I felt like I needed a microscope to see what I was doing. If the jump hooks can attach more easily to the shortened segments that's probably a better way to go. (Sorry, it's hard for me to describe this process so I hope that helps somewhat!)

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's helpful, thanks (because this necklace has a unique chain).

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely post dear! Have a good weekend!)

    verabelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be wearing summer pieces for another 2 months probably, so loving this post! And that black tank dress is one of my favs, such a versatile and comfy piece <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing idea. Loved your post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!