6/29/16

What's Up Wednesday June

|
I'm joining What's Up Wednesday for a little end-of-the month review and as a way to share some random topics here in addition to my usual outfits and shopping posts.

I answered several of the questions from the prompt below, so read on to see what's been going on around here this month.

What I'm eating:

Lately I've been having egg whites with feta cheese and a light sprinkling of Lawry's Season Salt for breakfast every day. I usually have them with these Milton's Gluten Free Crispy Sea Salt crackers:

I don't try to eat Gluten Free and I don't really care about that aspect, but these crackers are so good! They're thin and very crispy/crunchy with just the right amount of salt.

What I'm reminiscing about:
This view from our trip to Utah earlier this month! I am think this is the highest peak I've ever personally been to at 11,000 feet and as with most things in nature, pictures don't do it justice. It blew me away. I'm still planning to recap the trip but working on retaking some outfit pictures that didn't happen in real time while I was busy enjoying the view and the company.

What I'm loving:

Target sandals! They are currently 30% off and every summer I seem to find a pair (or two) I love for under $30.
Target Sandal Sale June 2016
Top LeftFlip Flops ($16) | Top Right: Glitter Sandals $16 
Bottom Left: Huarache Wedges  ($26) | Bottom Left: Gold Metallic Wedge ($28)  

Recent Purchase:

1. I wore the flip flops on the top left for the first time this weekend (see it on Instagram) and they were great. One of the reviewers complained about the center piece giving her blisters but I didn't have an issue with that. Also, these only come in whole sizes. Normally I wear a 7.5, sometimes a 7. So I ordered a 7 in these and they fit great.

2. I ordered these at the same time as the flip flops and unfortunately they shipped separately and are taking forever to get here. I can't seem to get enough nude or cognac shoe options this summer.

Similar Favorites:

1. I don't own this exact pair of sandals, but I link to them any time I wear my almost-identical pair from Express (see them in this outfit on Instagram) that sold out a couple of years ago.

2. Same as above! I don't own these, but I link to them every time I wear my sold-out Vince Camuto sandals (e.g. this outfit). They're an excellent dupe at a much better price.

What I'm dreading:
Our neighbors and our best local friends are moving to Chicago tomorrow. (If you've followed me on Snapchat for awhile, she's the friend who rescued me when the bird invaded my house!) I'm incredibly sad to see them go, and this summer is going to feel very quiet without them.

What I'm working on:
Guess who volunteered herself to gather all the best photos from everyone who attended my family reunion in June and create a photo book of highlights? Right! That would be me. It's a labor of love though because I know how much it will mean to my family and my mom in particular.

What I'm reading:

Last night I finally finished The Time Traveler's Wife. (Side note: This is my first time looking at the cover art since purchasing the book and now I finally get what I'm seeing there!) My thoughts: I liked  the book, but I didn't love it. (I'd probably rate it 3.5 stars out of 5.) It confused me a lot in the beginning and there were some storylines/characters (specifically Charisse and Gomez) that weren't resolved to my liking. If any of you have read the book and seen the movie, let me know! I'm thinking about watching the movie to see how it compares and if it helps clarify any of my confusion. Next up for me will be The Kind Worth Killing. It has great reviews on Amazon on and a lot of people say it's similar to The Girl on The Train, which I loved.

What I'm wearing:
Most days I post what I'm wearing on Instagram, and these were my four most-liked outfits for the month of June.

ONE:
Jacket: Express | Cami: Express | Shorts: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar)

Shop the Look:



TWO:

Top: Express (Similar) | Shorts: J Crew | Shoes: Vince Camuto "Luciah" (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: LOFT (Similar)

Shop the Look:




THREE: 


Tee: Express (Similar) | Shorts: J. Crew Factory | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Sandals: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Look:




FOUR:
Top: Express | Dress: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Ring: Express (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Front View:

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Beach days, pool days, warm nights...all the things that I love about summer! I'm also hoping to hang out with Noelle again and possibly get a visit from one family member who recently moved to Orange County (one county North of me).

Bonus Question: Favorite 4th of July Tradition or Recipe?
Image via Taste of Home

A lot of people do cherry or apple pie for the 4th of July, but I'm not big on pie crust. I much prefer cobblers and crisps, so Apple Crisp is one of my favorites to make for Independence Day. I use the Apple Crisp II recipe from Allrecipes (paired with Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream) and it's always a crowd pleaser!
* * *
That's it for this month's recap! I will be back tomorrow with my monthly Astrology Style series so come back then to find out which celebrity will be featured!


Linking up with:
Sheaffer, Shay, MelErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. I read the Time Travelers Wife years ago and agree, it was a little confusing and I think there were some things that were not resolved in the story. I completely forgot they made it into a movie so I think I want to see it! I love all of those Target sandal finds! Have a great day!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the link up - I've had bad luck on books lately too - just being so bored with the material. I'm so sorry your great neighbor is moving that is sad but look at the bright side - a great reason to go to Chicago! Your outfits are so cute and fun! I hope you have an amazing long weekend - it sounds like your July will be perfection! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out Target's shoes. They always have the best options for summer. So sorry to hear your friends are moving. That is always so hard. You'll be the perfect person to put together the book. I still remember being impressed by how organized you are on your family ones.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this!!!

    I need to stop by Target today and get me some sandals!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your summer outfits are so cute and I wish the chinos worked on me. I love the white one on you so much. I'm saving that apple crisp recipe.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious and very easy except for the peeling and slicing of the apples. That part can be a bit time consuming.

      Delete
  6. I hope you like the Kind Worth Killing. It has some unexpected twists. Let me know if you need any other recommendations. I've been reading a ton since I stopped blogging and there isn't any good summer TV. BTW- I still read every one of your posts and you continue to provide tons of inspiration to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great to hear from you Tracy! I will definitely check with you for more book recommendations! I just started The Kind Worth Killing last night and didn't want to put it down. Very interesting and is giving me Dexter vibes (which of course was one of my favorite TV shows.) Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  7. Of course, enjoy the outfit posts, and want to try your breakfast idea. Getting a little tired of Cheerios and soy milk, but I already have all your ingredients, just needed the tip about the crackers. (Also really appreciated the info. you shared some time back about computer-related privacy). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to watch the Time Travellers Wife movie! Hmm. It's on my list! And you do shorts so well!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love apple crisp (and blueberry, too). We are remodeling our kitchen so I haven't been able to back for weeks. I love your look #3. I have been looking for new espadrille wedges - I like the ones you got.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this recap since I still feel out of the loop after vacation! Target always kills it for Summer. Their shorts are my absolute favorite (and I know they are yours as well) and they have such a good selection of shoes. I have two pairs of shoes in mind that I'd like to get, but just waiting for a sale!
    I can't wait until you recap Utah! I completely missed all those snaps :(
    And I'll see you soon! Let's try that vintana thing again, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Target finds! I've been meaning to check out their sandals this year.
    I read The Time Traveler's Wife several years ago and I liked it but it definitely could get confusing with so many story lines as well as jumping from the present to the past. Overall, I liked it and I have seen the movie and I liked it compared to the book. I can't remember any specifics but it is a movie that I like to rewatch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am clearly behind on blog reading, hence me asking you on snapchat yesterday about the time traveler's wife haha. you should watch the movie and let me know what you think :) i will have to check out those crackers. i'm sorry your neighbour moved, i must have missed the bird in your house lol scary! i am not a huge glitter person but those sandals are so cute and need to be in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!