6/21/16

The Long and Short of It

|
During the month of June, more often than not I felt like I couldn't wear just one outfit for the entire day either due temperatures swings throughout the day or the different types of activities I had planned. I took a few pictures of the different variations I wore for a few outfits this month and today I wanted to share how I've built my wardrobe to make those changes fairly simple.

ONE:

Long:

Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Forever 21 (Similar) | Necklace: Express (Gift, Similar) | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Ring: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon (Pink Sold Out)

Short:
Top: Express | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Sandals: NordstromNecklace: Express (Gift, Similar) | Bracelet: Banana Republic (Gift, Similar)


Shop the Outfits:



TWO:

Long
Top: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar) | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Ring: The Cave Store | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express

Short:
Top: Express | Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott | Shorts: Target | Ring: The Cave Store | Sandals: Nordstrom | Bag: Amazon | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Outfits:


FRONT VIEW: 

THREE:

Long:
Top: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Kendra ScottShoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Ring: Express (Similar) | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Short:
Top: Express (Similar) | Shorts: Target | Necklace: Kendra ScottShoes: Sam Edelman | Ring: Express (Similar) | Watch: c/o FossilBag: Danielle Nicole (Similar)

Shop the Outfits:


FOUR:

Long:
Top: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kohls (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar) | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar)

Short:
Top: Express (Similar) | Shorts: J. Crew Factory | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar) | Bag: Amazon | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelet: Forever 21 (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)


Shop the Outfits:


FRONT VIEW:


In case you're wondering, yes, I really do switch handbags mid-day sometimes. I don't exactly like doing that, but sometimes a bigger or smaller bag is more practical for a given activity. It takes me less than a minute to switch my stuff over (full details in this post), so I'm usually glad I made the effort.
* * *
It seems like it takes me two days to get prepared to leave for a trip and two days after to get caught up on life! I'm currently in "catch up" mode from my trip to Utah last weekend but hoping to have the dust settled in time for another post on Friday, so I hope you'll stop by then! Oh! And the Macbook Air + Kate Spade Giveaway has just a few days left so don't forget to stop by here and enter!




Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey |

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. This is so helpful seeing how you transition each outfit for warmer weather! Hope you had a wonderful trip and welcome back!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how effortlessly you are able to switch things up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so fashionable, even when you're dressing down. I tend to change outfits mid-day too whAen I first get home from work. But it's just into my pajama bottoms. It was fun following you around on Snapchat this past week while you were in Utah. I'm glad we brought out the gorgeous weather for you. Your kids really didn't like Cafe Rio? Really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Utah was amazing last week. My family all wants to move there...except me. (One word: Snow.) And yes, unfortunately I have a couple of very very picky eaters on my hands but we made up for them not liking Cafe Rio by eating there twice. :)

      Delete
  4. Having interchangeable basics definitely gets you more bang for your buck with your wardrobe! And I may need to look for a similar striped shirt. My express pocket tee is getting pretty beat up!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting ready for our trip next week and it is a lot of work, especially packing for 3 (my husband is on his own!). I am seeing that white top that I love so much again! Your photos from Utah were so pretty, I have never been there... just Colorado!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I love outfit's that can go from pants to shorts.
    xo, Lee
    www.wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way! I bet Utah was beautiful, Nate and I really want to take a road trip there!

    It's so hot here in temecula that jeans terrify me right now. I'm definitely wearing the heck out of my shorts! Great outfit ideas here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfits to wear in summer.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your easy swaps! Weather lately is unpredictable, so it is nice to have outfits that work with jeans or shorts.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like seeing how you transition your looks! I swap bags and looks throughout the day, too.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all these looks Gina. That feather print top is so cute. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so good at remix your pieces. Thanks for showing different ways to wear those tops. Enjoy the rest of your week, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. in love with your Kendra Scott necklace and that bright pink top!

    cute & little
    kileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina, I loved how you did this. So creative, yet simple! Your knot tie on the magenta top turned out so well. Still figuring out how to get a good knot on those. I never get tired of seeing your outfits. xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think it totally makes sense to switch out your handbag if a smaller one suits whatever you are doing better, especially when you've got the system down pat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!