6/10/16

Outfit Recap + Friday Favorites 6/10/16

|
Happy Friday friends! School is officially out and I'm so excited for two months of no homework! If you don't have school-aged kids, spoiler alert: homework is just as much work for you as it is for your kids! (Assuming you want them to get it done on time and that you want to help with the inevitable questions.) Here's a look back at what I wore for the last week of school along with the some Friday Favorites: Trader Joe's Edition.

Outfit Recap:

ONE:

Jacket: Express | Cami: Express | Shorts: Express (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Necklace: J Crew (Gift, Similar) | Bag: Tory Burch (Similar)

Shop the Look:


TWO:

Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Tank: TargetBag: c/o Danielle Nicole

Shop the Look:


THREE:

Tee: Express | Shorts: Guess (Similar) | Sandals: NordstromNecklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Amazon | Bracelets: Express (Similar) | Watch: Fossil (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)


Shop the Look:


FOUR:
Cami: Express | Sweater: Express (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Necklace: c/o Danielle Nicole | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Bag: Danielle Nicole (Similar) | Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Front View:
Individual front view outfits available here


Friday Favorites: Trader Joe's Edition
I love reading about other people's grocery staples and especially Trader Joe's favorites since they carry some unique products there that can be hard to find without a recommendation. So here are a few of my favorites, and feel free to share yours in the comments below!

1. Dried Mango
Trader Joe's carries several different types of dried mango, and these are the two that I keep stocked in my pantry. This is also the His and Hers Dried Mango picture because my husband prefers the "Just Mango" and I prefer "Soft & Juicy Mango." Mine has three additional grams of sugar, but it's so much softer and easier to chew. We always pack this for beach and pool days because it holds up well to heat, isn't messy, and serves as a good sweet treat in place of something like licorice or other candy.

2. Broccoli & Kale Slaw Salad Mix
Image via Trader Joe's

I am pretty sure either Kristi or Skye introduced me to this via Snapchat, because otherwise I never would have tried this or thought it would taste good at all. But it does! I love that everything is finely shopped  because I don't like leafy salads. It doesn't even have a broccoli or kale taste to me at all! I don't use the dressing or nuts and seeds that comes with it. I mix it with shredded chicken, cranberries, goat cheese, wonton strips and an olive oil + balsamic dressing instead.

3. Apothic Red
Image Source

We received a bottle of this as a gift from friends (who loved this) back in October, and since then, this is the only red wine I purchase any more. Maybe it's a California thing, but since we learned about this, we've found a bunch more of our friends and acquaintances swear by this. I've seen this brand several other places but Trader Joe's seems to have the lowest price. ($7.99 at TJ's vs. $9.99 elsewhere.)

4. Villa Cerrino Chardonnay Pinot Grigio
Image Source ($4.99)

With Summer (effectively) upon I'm sure I'll be reaching for white a little more frequently, and this $5 bottle from Trader Joe's is my go-to. It's almost always on the bottom shelf so if you go looking to try this one, look way down! I'm less picky about white than red, but I haven't found a white that I like any better than this for a similar price!

5. Toscano Syrah Cheese
Image via Trader Joe's

This is my current favorite cheese for when we have drinks and appetizers at home with friends. I'm not much of a food blogger, and for a good reason because I don't know how to describe the flavor or why I like this so much! I'll just say that if you're a wine and cheese person (and obviously I am) this is worth trying!


I think I might have to do a second edition of Trader Joe's Favorites at some point just to talk about the sweets department. Although I feel guilty tempting people with sweets when I know for myself I try avoid those items when I go to the store in person! They just have so many tempting goodies! Believe it or not, I've still never tried their famous Cookie Butter because I'm too afraid I'll eat the entire jar by myself. 

* * *

Thanks for visiting today, and I will see you back next week when I'm planning to share some "never before seen footage" and tell you why those outfits didn't make the cut!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda | Tara

CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. Love all the cute outfits this week and it seems to be warming up for you. I am always looking for Trader Joe's Favorites posts, because I love so many things there. I am sooo trying that salad and red wine and the cheese.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so fab! Really love your leopard Tory bag, wish it were still available!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white sweater and pink cami is such a pretty outfit! Apothic red is one of my favorites too but I didn't know they had it at TJ's! I'll also have to check out the Pinot Grigio and the Syrah cheese! Have a wonderful weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not looking forward to the days of homework and they're coming up on me. I've heard the same thing from other parents and I wonder how I'll fit that in at night. I love hearing Trader Joe's recommendations. I was just there yesterday and they're having some sort of Mango Everything! fest. Sadly, no wine at ours here because...Utah. I'm going to look for that slaw the next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You HAVE to try the cookie butter! Or even better- the cookie butter and cocoa swirl. OMG so good. I'm sad that I can't try the TJ's wine because of stupid Pennsylvania laws. Maybe one day :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apothic red is one of my favorite wines. I miss it... That salad mix looks great. As I said on Insta, we just had one open and I am still learning about all the goodies. :) These are some of my favorite looks of yours all in one week. You just wear shorts so well.I didn't say this earlier, but when I mentioned I ordered some Express jeans, I had been looking for a lower rise pair that I could wear in the early stages of my pregnancy. I tried that pair you mentioned and they just didn't fit quite right now. I am going to go look for that white cami today. I think it might be a nice layering piece for now. This is such a fashion adjustment for me!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apothic red has been a long-time favorite of mine! It's so great as a hostess gift too. Love your outfits girl!

    xo Lacey
    http://www.myboringcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfits! Our Trader Joe's is not close to where I live, so it's a "destination trip" for me. I'll make note of your suggestions for when I make it out there :)

    Miss your fitness posts. Have you tried any of the Cathe Ice workouts? I'm just getting back into it since I've had a nasty bout of plantar fasciitis, and did the Metabolic Total Body workout today and it slayed me! Love all the extras she puts on these workouts too.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! I haven't tried any of Cathe's Ice workouts because they were marketed as intermediate. I typically prefer her advanced stuff. I meant to check reviews on Ice after it was released to see what other Cathletes thought of it and if there were any workouts from the set that might suit my taste...but I kind of forgot about it! And now she has the new Tower workouts coming out, which I also am not that excited about because I don't think I want to make space for a tower. I will check video fitness for Ice reviews though - thanks for the reminder and thanks for commenting! Love hearing from you! :)

      Delete
  9. Seriously, I LOVE every single one of those outfits! My daughter has 5 more days of school left and it can not come soon enough! Saying hello from the link up, hope you'll stop by and take a peek at my favorites as well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Trader Joes. I complain becuase it is 20 minutes away, but from some of the other comments, I guess I should be grateful that it is only 20 minutes. I always read your blog, but not sure I have ever commented. Thanks for all you do. Its fun to get ideas from others. Summer and the heat are in full swing over here in the Phoenix Valley and it is all about enduring and staying cool. By the way, I love the bracelet stack!~Alicia in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Alicia! I hear you on the 20 minutes. I like Whole Foods too but rarely go there because it's 25 minutes away. That's just not convenient for a quick grocery run. But like you said...it's all relative!

      Delete
  11. I love all these outfits! you are gorgeous! x

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, I love when you share your favorite foods lately! And, the kids have been begging me to take them to Trader Joes and I may have to look for that cheese and those wines to restock my wine cart with! Oh, and yes... homework is a PITA for kids and parents. I will def. take a break from it. My kids are off for 3 months! Altho... in another week it will be 2 months. I promise I'm not counting down yet! Haha.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfits! I really the pink paired with leopard. I never would have thought to combine those two, but it's fabulous! I have never been to a Trader Joe's but I always hear wonderful things about it. I wish there were one near me! And yay for summer break! We still have a week to go...almost there!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been a while since I've been to a Trader Joe's (it's a bit out of the way for us) and we just went this past Saturday and I forgot how much I love shopping there (especially for snacks haha) and just how different the prices are from my local grocery store ($2.95 for a jar of natural peanut butter where my local grocery store sells it for $6.99!). My husband is always in awe of how nice the people that work there are. When we were driving home, he goes "do you think they hold auditions before they hire them?" lol. We're not used to people being so nice and polite haha :)

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your blog and love seeing how you style everything from Express, you have great style! And thanks for mentioning cookie butter, I'm totally plotting a TJ trip now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving all of the bags featured in each of your outfits!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am hoping since KC is a teacher, the kids will go to him for homework help and not me :) haha.
    i love reading what other people buy at trader joes for the same reason. i have a post in my drafts but haven't got around to doing anything with it. i have never seen the mango stuff, but i am definitely going to try it. i also have never tried any of their cookie butter things for the same reason lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!