6/30/16

Astrology Style: Cancer featuring Julianne Hough

|
It's that time of the month when we shift into a new Astrological season and do a little style spotlight on a celebrity birthday girl. We are currently in Cancer Season (June 21-July 22), and this month's style feature is dancer/singer/actress Julianne Hough (July 20, 1988) who turns 28 this year.

Julianne seems to be amazing at everything she does in her career, and I sometimes wonder if there's anything she's not good at! (Math? Spelling?) Not only is she ultra-talented, she always has cute, wearable-for-ordinary-people outfits when she's out and about. After looking through a bunch of her outfits I found she has two signature style looks. The first one is something I've worn exactly once in my life: shorts with booties:
Tee: Express (Similar) | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) | Booties: Express (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


Generally when it's warm enough for me to wear shorts, my feet will be too sweaty in booties, so I don't wear that combo much. Julianne, on the other hand, pairs shorts with booties (especially her black pair) quite often:

The second go-to for Julianne is a clean white top with just about any kind of pants. She keeps the top simple but sometimes with a daring cut or more unique detail like the sleeves in the second outfit. She also keeps the jewelry to a minimum with almost all of her outfits

While I'm also a big fan of white tops myself (that's usually the first color I reach for when trying a new style), I tend to go more traditional on the style of top, but I add a lot more jewelry than Julianne, like these three outfits:

ONE:
Top: Express | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift, Budget Option) | Jeans: Express | Bracelets: Charmed Stacks | Shoes: Target (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar) | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift)

Shop the Look:



TWO:
Tee: ExpressJeans: Express (Similar) |  Short Necklace: c/o Kendra ScottLong Necklace: LOFT (Similar) | Sandals: Nordstrom | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Bag: Amazon | Watch: Fossil | Bracelets: Express (Similar)

Shop the Look:


THREE:
Top: Express | Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) | Bracelet: Express (Similar) | Bag: Amazon (Similar)

Shop the Look:


And here's a final front view look at my Julianne-Approved outfits:

* * *

If you're not a Cancer and want the style scoop (and more!) on your own sign, just head to the Astrology section under Categories in my menu bar up top! And as always, if you are a Cancer I'd love to hear from you and find out whether you relate to Julianne's style or not!





Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Lindsey

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. I really like her style, she really is the cutest. I've worn shorts and boots once as well, I really don't get that if it hot enough for shorts then grab some sandals. She does pull it off well though.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her. You're right. She can do everything. She was great on DWTS (back in the day when I could watch it) and made that Footloose remake. I'm usually not looking at her clothes because I'm too busy pinning pictures of her hair. She's got some amazing hair. I love these horoscope style pieces you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shorts with booties look. So cute. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to try to that today! xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Julianne's effortless style! I need to wear booties with my shorts more often!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great casual style post. Been wanting to wear shorts with booties since the trend started (I love booties), but as good as it looks, never seems to make sense to me! Always thought, did someone only have boots to wear that warm day, and thought they'd throw them on?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be pretty minimal when it came to jewelry, but I wear more these days... yet, I still don't over do it. I really like her clean style, you really can't go wrong white white tee's and jeans. I have never worn shorts with booties, it is just too hot here in the summer. It looks so effortless and chic on her, though!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series! It's so fun to see your research on the celebrity you've chosen to highlight. Fun read and your outfits are top notch (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. i forgot where you posted it (obviously not on this post lol), but i just bought the peplum top with the mesh insert at express today and it is so amazing. i couldn't help but think of your amazing style when i found it on the rack! so exciting, i love your blog! have a safe and happy 4th of july.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her so much! She is one of my favorites to follow on snapchat also! She pulls on booties and shorts effortlessly!! I need to do that again! Great feature!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a cancerian and I'm definitely a lover of white shirts ;-) Don't wear shorts or booties that much though - but that combo looks super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her style. She always looks like she just woke up and just happens to look so amazing! I love your white tee, I need a few hundred of them of them!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i totally agree, she seriously seems like she is good at everything, and she's so freaking cute i can't handle it. i used to be a fan of her music before she started acting/dancing on that show. and her style always seems so simple and realistic, but then not things i'd normally wear either (booties with shorts looks cute but that seems silly to me, for the reasons you said).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this casual style. Thanks for sharing.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!