5/26/16

Express Sale Must-Try List

|
I don't really want to do the math on this to find out the exact percentage, but if I had to guess, I would say at least 90% of my clothes are from Express. That said, I'm known for collecting multiple colors of the same style, so there are still a lot items I haven't tried there. With Memorial Day coming right up, odds of a big sale are good, so I polled a few of my friends to see what one item they each think I need to try at Express that I don't already have!

1. Erin's Pick: The Camo Jacket

Erin recently bought this camo jacket  from Express and she hasn't had a chance to take an outfit photo with it yet, but she loves it and insists that it's something I need to try.


By doing a little Pinterest browsing, I can easily tell that this is something that would work well with a lot of the basic pieces in my wardrobe.

As if the outfits above weren't persuasive enough, as I was watching Dancing with the Stars the other night I noticed one of my favorite pro dancers wearing a camo jacket:

I can't really tell how Peta styled her jacket (probably just thrown on over her rehearsal clothes for the interview) but still...more reasons to want a camo jacket. If it could make me dance like Peta I'd be 100% sold!

The main reason I don't have this yet is that I already have a military jacket (shown recently here) and I feel like they serve about the same purpose in my wardrobe. That said, it is a little different and I don't think I can ever have too many jackets, so this is a top contender for my sale wishlist.

2. Skye's Pick: The Bomber Jacket

Skye has been loving bomber jackets lately (like the one she's wearing below), and since she knows I'm a jacket collector, she's been nudging me to try one in this style:

Skye's outfit details here

Express has this option that looks just like the black one Skye is wearing above:

And it just so happens that thanks in no small part to Skye's nudging I recently ordered the olive version of this bomber jacket:

My order hasn't arrived yet so I can't speak to the fit, quality, or how it looks in real life vs. online, but I am excited to at least give this piece a try. With our weather lately I think I'll be in jackets until August so a little variety never hurts!

3. Carylee's Pick: The Boyfriend Shirt

Carylee owns several (maybe all?) of these Soft Twill Boyfriend Shirts from Express, and I really don't know why I haven't tried this yet. I like how it looks as a layered piece and how it looks untucked or tucked in.
Complete Outfit Details: One | Two | Three

If anything I get stuck trying to decide which color to get, although I just realized that they have this same shirt in white and beige under a separate product listing, and that might help me decide:

With summer almost here I feel like white might be a good choice, and so my sale wishlist grows yet again!

4. Rachelle's Pick - The Romper

When Rachelle and I met in person last year (see this post for more) she told me I needed to try a certain dress that she liked from Express. I wasn't big on wearing dresses (or rather I didn't wear them at all), but when they re-released the dress I gave it a chance (see this post) and now I have it in three colors.  I think she's trying to repeat her victory this year by getting me to buy my first romper, like this one she has from Express:

Here's how it looks on the Express website:

I think I might be the last blogger to hold out on the romper trend, and really I just cannot get past the bathroom issue. It stresses me out. I love the sophisticated look of this romper and think it would be perfect to dress up or down, but if anyone has secrets or tricks for simplifying life in rompers, I am going to need them before I take the leap on this!

* * *

So now you all know what my friends are loving and some of my possible sale wishlist items, but be sure to check back in tomorrow for a recap of my recent favorites and additional wishlist items. As always, it's hard to narrow down the shopping cart to a reasonable level with these sales!



Shop the Post:


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. ooooh I love the white version of the boyfriend shirt, I might just get a couple of portofinos and work pants. I really don't need fun clothes.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that everyone is sharing their favorites. That camo jacket looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: FEEL THE SUN

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camo jacket. Definitely the camo jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might need to get that camo jacket! The boyfriend shirts look like the perfect weight for layering! So fun to see everyone's picks! Enjoy the long weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bomber jacket is so chic and easy to match with! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up - I need to have that camo jacket!

    Come take a look at another outfit I'm wearing for my latest collab with Los Angeles-based brand TOBI - I'm sure you'll love it!

    Happy Thursday!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove Express' boyfriend shirts- they are SO easy to wear and the fabric is so soft!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bomber jacket looks cute! You'll have to let us know how it fits once you get it! I also like the boyfriend shirts but I tried one on a while back and it didn't look good on me. My arms are too big and the rest of my upper body doesn't match so the sizing was off! Either way though, everyone looks good in their picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I just love them all... I really do. I hope you are able to decide, because I really can't! Although, reading your post you seemed the most excited about the camo jacket, so my guess is that is what you'll land up buying! ;) Now I want one of each of these!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beige version of the boyfriend shirt is super masculine to me. And not like boyfriend type, I'm talking grandpa used to wear it while painting type. I don't know why that color turns me off! But you may have convinced me on the white version that I did not know existed until now! And yes of course the romper!! I love that in black! Though, if you're stressed about the bathroom issue, I wouldn't try that one as your very first romper - the ones that you can simply pull down like a pair of pants (just starting from your shoulders - haha) are the best for first time romper-ists! Though I still definitely recommend Rachelle's version if you decide you're a convert!!!! Thanks for letting me participate!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i quite like rompers.... but only for certain things. i have 2 that are more for pool / cover up situations, and i wore 1 last weekend, but i wouldn't want to own it. the bathroom thing is not fun lol. the one i wore this past weekend, i had to have help because i couldn't undo it by myself, the more casual ones are easier obviously. i really like the white version of that boyfriend shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote yes for romper! I love mine so much. This one looks simple to slip off so I would give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, if that camo jacket can make me dance like Peta I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!