5/27/16

Express 40% Off Sale Favorites

|
It's official! There is a big 40% off sale at Express for Memorial Day Weekend! Yesterday I polled my friends for some of their recent favorite items at Express that I don't already own (see it here) to help me create my shopping list, and today I'm sharing my recent Express favorites. These aren't the same as my long time, tried-and-true favorites (more on that later) since they're newer-to-me. But they're pieces I'm loving and wearing a lot right now that I think will be summer staples, and it's always nice to get them on sale!

1. The Denim Shirt
This type of shirt is on pretty much any "closet staples" kind of list and most people already seem to have a shirt like this in their wardrobe, but I've tried a few over the years and this one is my favorite to date. I love that it's more fitted through the waist and a good length for both tucking in or leaaving untucked.

Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom ($25 off!) | Bag: Amazon | Ring: Rebecca Minkoff (Gift) | Bracelets: Express

Shop the Look:


Here's a front view of the outfit above, along with another way I wore this shirt recently, as well as the stock photo for reference:
Get the top: Here | Outfit details for second outfit here

At some point I would like to get the medium wash version of this shirt (third photo below), and for those who like a more relaxed fit, they have similar shirts in a Boyfriend Fit. The fitted option works better for me as it's a little more tailored at the waist, but your preference may vary!

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that Express has changed the way they photograph their products for their website? I feel like many times lately they have the models posed in ways that don't really allow me to get a good view of the entire product. Case in point: the denim shirt above.

2. Low Rise Jeans
When I first wrote about the return of low-rise jeans at Express (in this post), I think a few people were picturing Britney Spears 2001"Slave 4 U" era low-rise. I promise these are not that low. Yes, they are lower than the mid-rise jeans at Express so if you love that rise these might not be for you. But if you like jeans that don't come up to your belly button, these are fantastic. So soft and comfortable and the distressing is just right for my taste:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express | Sandals: Target (Similar) | Watch: Fossil | Bracelet: Charmed Stacks | Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) | Bag: Amazon (Pink Sold Out)

Shop the Look:



I've already worn these three times in the last month, so here's a front view look at the fit on me vs. the stock photo. (Also, for reference I am 5'4" and prefer the short length in these. They ran true-to-size for me.)
Low Rise Jeans: Here | Details for individual outfits: Here

3. Racerback Tank Dress
I haven't worn these quite as much this month because apparently May weather was cooler than March and April here, but I will certainly be reaching for them a lot this summer on days when I want one-and-done outfit styling

Jacket: Express (Similar) | Dress: Express | Necklace: Express | Sandals: Nordstrom ($25 off!)| Sunglasses: LOFT | Watch: c/o Fossil | Bracelets: LOFT (Sold Out)

Shop the Pieces:

I currently have this dress in three colors, although the grey version is slightly different. The fabric is a bit thinner and stretchier and it also has the fringe detail on the side.

Shop Current Pieces from these outfits:


There are three other colors of this dress I still don't have that would be great for summer. Obviously it's going to be a challenge to narrow down my shopping list!
Shop all colors: HERE

All Time Top Three:
I try not to bore my regular readers to tears with "favorites" posts like this since a lot of my favorite pieces have remained the same for years, so I talk about them and wear them ad nauseum! BUT, if you're new-ish here and perhaps not as familiar with those pieces, here's a quick reference to some more detailed posts about those pieces:

Jeans: 
Info on Sizing and comparison of different types of jeans (Legging, Performance Stretch, etc.): HERE(Yes, I'm cheating by counting all jeans as one item. I had to!)
A few favorite jeans: Medium Distressed | Black Distressed | White | Grey

Outfit Details for Jeans Outfits with Links to Current Items Only:

Outfit One:
Jacket: Express | Top: ExpressJeans: Express | Necklace: Express | Shoes: Sole Society

Outfit Two: 
Jacket: Express | Tee: Old Navy | Jeans: Express | Shoes: Nordstrom

Outfit Three: 
Tee: Nordstrom | Jeans: Express | Necklace: Express Shoes: Forever 21 | Bag: Tory Burch

Outfit Four:
Tee: Express | Jeans: ExpressNecklace: Forever 21 | Shoes: Forever 21


Barcelona Cami:
Shop all colors and prints: HERE

12 ways to wear white (my favorite and most versatile in my opinion): HERE
My collection of camis in a variety of colors and prints: HERE

Portofino Shirts:
Shop All Colors: HERE

See them paired with everything from pants to skirts to shorts: HERE
See outfit ideas for all of the colors HERE
See outfit ideas for black, white, and striped versions HERE

* * *

If you made it through yesterday's post and today's you can tell my wishlist is about a mile long and I'm going to have my work cut out for me in narrowing it down. I'm hoping that after I place an order, I'll find the time to put together a quick post for the weekend for those who want to know what I purchased. That way you're not stuck paying full price for something by the time I get around to posting it in an outfit here on the blog. If you have sale must-haves (from Express or another retailer) let me know in the comments below and enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!


Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Amanda |

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. That dark wash boyfriend chambray is on my wishlist! I love the flares I have from Express and want to pick up another pair of jeans too! Enjoy the long weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this Express Sale! Already ordered a few key pieces! I do however need to make it over to my closest mall to see if they have that rouched side tank dress! It would be perfect for this weekend!

    Wishing you a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks Gina. I like that Barcelona cami! I think you've convinced me of my need to get more v-necks. My white vneck shirt is my favorite and I need to update it because it started looking dingy. I agree with you on the denim shirt. I have one that looks the same as yours from JCrew Factory, but it's a darker color. I haven't been able to find a lighter color that looks good on me for spring. xx-S

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sale! Love that classic denim shirt :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good sales! Can I just say you look so good in white denim?! That looks like such a great chambray shirt. Have a great weekend, Gina!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices!!

    Happy Friday Doll!! Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway. I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your selection! Gotta go do some shopping now, lol!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to know what you purchased this weekend from the sale. I really want to get the Barcelona Cami in white after seeing so many of your posts!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just ordered some jeans! yay. i wanted to order more but i really don't need anything else and we just had a few unexpected house expenses so i couldn't go too crazy, sigh. i love those grey jeans though. i laughed so hard at the low rise britney Slave 4 U era... that's definitely how i feel about low rise jeans, even if they aren't that low they feel it! but good to know they aren't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Was wondering if you could link the tees you are wearing in the 4 pictures of "jeans". I love the gray tee you have on with the white jeans and the white tee you have on with the gray jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I just updated that section with details. :)

      Delete
    2. thank you so much! just recently found your blog and it's great!

      Delete
  12. I think I'm going to order the 4" frayed shorts. I want more denim shorts but most of the ones I see have a super teeny inseam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see what you buy!


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy I went with your recommendation on the Distressed Low Rise Jean Legging. I love them! My only issue is they are not as tightly fitted around the ankle as I had hoped so I have been cuffing them and they are still super cute like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you are totally right. They are a bit wider at the ankle than other jean leggings from Express. On the plus side it makes them easier to get on/off! Ha. But yes, I generally always cuff my jeans a little but with these it's almost mandatory to get the slim look I prefer at the ankle. So glad they worked for you regardless!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!