4/21/16

Taurus Style Featuring Jessica Alba

|
It's that time of the month when we shift into a new Astrological season, which means it's time for another celebrity style spotlight. Taurus Season (April 20 - May 20) just kicked off and this sign's birthday girl is Jessica Alba (born April 28, 1981), who turns 35 this year.

I have to admit my reasons for choosing Jessica were self-serving. I just bought a new plaid shirt and wore it this week, as seen on Instagram;
Top: Express | Shorts: Target | Necklace: Kendra Scott | Bag: Danielle Nicole | Watch: Fossil | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Bead Bracelet: Express (Similar) | (Front view shown below)

Shop the Pieces:


As I was browsing outfits by Taurus women, I noticed that Jessica is a big fan of plaid shirts, as evidenced by her collection and the variety of ways she styles them from dressy to casual, pairing them with everything from maxi dresses to flare jeans to leggings:



I used Jessica's outfits as inspiration for some outfit planning of my own. The first two outfits below were inspired by her styling, and the second two were my own ideas of how I plan to wear this shirt (or already did in the case of shorts). Oddly enough, for all the ways Jessica styled her plaid shirts she didn't seem to favor white jeans or jean shorts! I guess those are more Aquarius (me) than Taurus!

OUTFIT ONE:
Top: Express | Dress: Express | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Necklace: Stella & Dot

OUTFIT TWO:
Top: Express | Tank: Target | Leggings: Express | Booties: Express (Similar)

OUTFIT THREE:
Top: Express | Jeans: Express (Similar) | Shoes: Steve Madden

OUTFIT FOUR:
Top: Express | Shorts: Target | Sandals: Sam Edelman | Handbag: Danielle Nicole

Some of you might remember that I owned this shirt in a different print (shown in this post). It's a popular one with many of my Express shopping blogger friends because it's ridiculously soft and comfortable and obviously offers a lot of styling options. My kids didn't approve of the first version I owned ("you look like you're wearing a man's shirt), and that made me uncomfortable wearing it, but I'm happy to say they didn't say a word about this one! I think the black and white print might be a little more subtle so it's a keeper.

* * *
If you missed my previous posts with more detail on Taurus Style, be sure to check out this one and this one. I've also done non-Astrology Style posts on a couple of other Taurus celebrities like Miranda Kerr and David Beckham (happy 40th this year). If you're not a Taurus and want more info on your own sign, just head to the Astrology section under Categories in my menu bar up top!

And last but not least, just a few more days left to enter the Louis Vuitton + iPad Giveaway HERE!




Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci |JoLynne | Katie | Megan | Lindsey | Tara | Amanda

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. I love this shirt so much and on the next sale I am totally getting the black one.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Alba is one of my favorites! Love her style and the outfits you recreated! The plaid top layered over the dress is such a great look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that plaid top! So cute and effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you always show how versatile items are...this top is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica has great style- she loves her black! I love this black + white windowpane shirt on you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun posts. You know, I love Jessica and she's very pretty, but your outfits totally outshine hers (IMHO). And Lord, I am not ready for the day when my kids start to critique my clothing or outfits. They're still too young to even notice what I'm wearing, but I know that kind of judging is coming. Wear the other plaid shirt. There is no way you could look like a man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shirt from Express! And, Jessica Alba is fabulous style inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love plaid shirts and today I'm wearing one of them ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PLAID SHIRT + MAYAN LUXURY

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the plaid top over the dress and then with the white skinnies. I'm surprised she didn't layer it over white skinnies, but you mastered it!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always struggle with wearing plaid for the office and I like the dressed up one that Jessica's Alba in all black. I am going to have to give it a try.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gina, how are you? Well, no wonder I love Jessica Alba's style since she is a Taurus like me. I love plaid shirts and cannot have too many. I just bought that same shirt from Express too and you have given me great ideas on how to style it. Thanks. I will try to stop by more often too. But so many blogs to read, so little time.

    Please welcome by and linkup with me this Thursday and every Thursday. This outfit i so beautiful – it must be seen and shared! The new linkup is currently Live! Thanks and have a fabulous weekend!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/04/thursday-moda-8-and-festival-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. very interesting about the white shorts or jeans. i'm glad your kids approve/do not dislike this plaid shirt lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica Alba is my birthday twin and I love, love, love her style! Spending time on your blog is finally convincing me that I need to go to Express more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!