4/1/16

Outfits on the Daily 4/1/16

|
First of all, just a friendly reminder that today is April Fools' Day (possibly my least favorite holiday). So make sure to take any pregnancy announcements from your friends or celebrity engagement/break-up announcements that you hear today with a grain of salt! I don't have any pranks up my sleeve today, just my usual weekly recap!

Outfit Recap

One:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Target / Necklace: Kohls (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Express (Similar)

Shop the Pieces:


Two:
Sweater: LOFT / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole SocietyNecklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) / Bag: Danielle Nicole / Ring: Nordstrom

Shop the Pieces:


Three:
Jacket: Express / Tee: Nordstrom Rack  / Necklace: Express / Leggings: Express / Booties: Forever 21 / Bag: Danielle Nicole (Red on waitlist, Similar)

Shop the Pieces:

Four:
Top: Express (40% off!) / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Stella & Dot (Gift) / Bag: Amazon / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Bracelet: LOFT / Ring: Stella & Dot (Gift)

Shop the Pieces:



Front View:
Individual versions of these outfits available here

Fitness Survey Results:
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to answer the Fitness Content Survey I posted on Monday. If you're curious about the results, here's a breakdown of the responses:

1. Workout Recaps: Keep or Toss?

71.8% Keep
25.6% Indifferent
2.6% Toss

2. Workout Notes and Modifications- Too Long, Too Short or Just Right?

61.8% Just Right
23.5% Too Long
14.7% Too Long

3. If the Notes and Modifications are too short, what additional info would you like to see?
See item three under "Here's the Plan."

Here's the Plan Going Forward:

1. I'll continue to include a Workout Recap in my Friday recap posts.

2. Notes and Modifications will be short and sweet. e.g. If I choose to do just 30 minutes of a 60-minute cardio DVD, I will clarify that detail.

3. I received some excellent questions and content suggestions from the survey. What I'm planning to do is have 1-2 Fitness Q&A posts in the near future to answer some of your questions in one consolidated post rather than scattering them throughout weekly posts. That should make it easier for me to refer people back to the answers going forward and still keep the Friday recaps to a reasonable length.

Workout Recap:

With that said, here's this week's workout recap. I'm covering Monday through Friday only today since I already covered the weekend in Monday's post.

Monday:
Lower Body Weights: Cathe Pyramid Lower Body

Tuesday:
Cardio: Cathe 4-Day Split: Higher Intensity Step
Abs: Cathe Pyramid Upper Body Abs

Wednesday:
Upper Body Weights: Cathe Pyramid Upper Body

Thursday:
Yoga: Power Yoga 4 Happiness 2: Twister Sister Premix

Friday:
Total Body: Cathe Flex Train

Shop the Workouts (via Amazon):



Review Notes: 
For those who would like more detailed reviews of the workouts I do, here are a couple of great resources that I often use before making a purchase:

1. Collage Video (Here's the section for my favorite instructor Cathe Friedrich)
2. Video Fitness Forum (A message board community for home workout enthusiasts)

* * *

That covers it for today! A few of my friends already got their Express orders from the Easter sale but I am still waiting for mine! Hopefully I'll have it next week and can share some reviews here. Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Tuesday for another fun linkup-inspired topic that I'm looking forward to sharing!



Linking up with:
ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne / Katie / Megan

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. Always flawless, I can't believe you don't have your order yet! Have a great weekend!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have a great collection of colored purses. I don't think I noticed it until you wrote your post on it and now I see what an important accessory it is. I'm glad you're keeping the fitness posts...and excited about the Q&A. I went through so many years when I was all about and only about Cathe. You're wanting me to pick them up again, although my collection is about a quarter of yours. I've used those two website for video reviews as well, although a couple of years ago, Collage Video completely changed its format and (I thought) made it much more difficult to navigate. I hate it when websites do that. And as always, your outfits look amazing. I'm really now thinking I need a bright yellow purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the stripes in your outfits! The striped top with the yellow bag is such a pretty spring look! Thanks for sharing those sites! I'll check it out! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. That striped LOFT cardi is everything...my sister has it and I always want to steal it from her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfits! Awesome work on the exercise. I wish I had the time to commit to working out!
    xo, Lee
    www.wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially loving the combo in your second look. Sounds like you got great results from your survey. I need to try doing that!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue striped shirt + yellow handbag is PERFECT! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these though I think my favorite is how well the mint goes with the textured knit jacket. I will need to copy that! I tend to wear the ivory with blushes. I don't know why I haven't thought of mint!! And thanks for sharing the survey results! I was curious of the outcome! Happy to see its staying! While I don't do videos, it's helpful for me to see your balance of cardio and weight training and how you switch up your workouts to capture all of it.
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I ask a strange question? You swap out purses a lot...do you keep all of your must-haves in them all or do you have a container that you keep it all in? Inquiring mind(s) want to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Not a strange question at all. I just did a post about this exact topic because it took me awhile to figure out a good system for changing bags frequently. Now it takes me all of ten seconds to change bags. All of those details are in This Post

      Delete
  10. All cute looks! I am seriously not a fan of April fools day ahah. its the worst
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this blogger that i don't really follow posted a fake pregnancy announcement and i guess she got some backlash because she deleted it. not gonna lie, i unfollowed her. for some reason, it really annoys me when people do that. pranks are one thing but.. oy.
    anyway! clearly it's my least favourite holiday as well.
    interesting survey results, i like the new layout thingy and the idea of q&a posts. i'm nosy so i like q&a posts haha.
    i really like the way you knot the striped portofino... that's my favourite one and i really want it, but they are just a smidge too short on my torso.. but maybe if i knotted it it wouldn't look bad.. why doesn't express do tall sizes for shirts?! you know people, you should suggest it ;) haha.
    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are going to keep writing about your workouts, I really enjoy reading about them! Although, I enjoy reading about your outfits, too. I really love the red bag you have, I've been looking for a red one. You have such a great collection of jackets, necklaces, bags... ahh, I need to shop your closet! :) Happy Friday!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!