3/18/16

Outfits on the Daily 3/18/16

|
First, I want to say thanks to everyone for the great comments on my handbag post on Tuesday. It was so fun to read everyone else's methods for changing around handbags (or not!) and there were lots of great ideas shared there. If my method doesn't seem like a fit for you, the comments are worth a read for additional ideas.

Second, there's a spotlight feature on me over on The Blended Blog. If you want to read a few random facts about me go check out my Q&A session over there. After the outfits and fitness recap here, of course!

Outfit Recap:

ONE:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) / Bag: c/o Danielle Nicole "Auden" (Red Sold Out, Similar)

Shop the Pieces:


TWO
:
Jacket: Maurices (Similar with more size options) / Tee: Express / Bralette: Express / Necklace: Kohls (Similar) / Jeans: Vigoss (Similar) / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bag:Amazon / Ring: Stella Dot (Gift)

Shop the Pieces:


THREE:
Jacket: Express / Dress: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Sam Edelman / Bag:Amazon (Exact color sold out)

Shop the Pieces:


FOUR:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Boots: Amazon / Bag : c/o Danielle Nicole "Auden" (Red Sold Out, Similar)

Shop the Pieces:



Front View:
For individual versions of front view outfits go here

Fitness Recap:
Here's a look at my workouts this past week, and for newer readers you might want to refer to this post with the list of all the home workout equipment I own. You don't need every last piece of it for an effective home workout, but I do use most of it regularly.

Saturday: Kickboxing (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs: Cathe Slow & Heavy + Butts & Guts Floorwork
Tuesday: Cardio: Cathe Imax 2 Sections 1-5 + Abs: Cathe Butts & Guts Bonus Abs
Wednesday: Chest, Back, Shoulders: Cathe Slow & Heavy
Thursday: MTV Power Yoga
Friday: Biceps, Triceps: Cathe Slow & Heavy

Shop the Workouts:


Notes and Modifications:
Cathe's Slow & Heavy is one of the oldest workouts I own, but it's such a classic, straight forward strength training program that always makes me sore the next day so I still love it despite the dated hair and outfits. Not a lot to report in terms of modifications other than my usual dumbbells in place of barbells substitutions. Also, as is often the case, Cathe loves chest work a lot more than I do. I cut the amount of chest work in half and am still feeling it the next day. Shoulders are paired with Leg Day in this series and as listed above, I use the Chapter Menu to tack them on to the Chest/Back workout.

* * *
I don't know about you all, but I had a harder time adapting to the Daylight Saving's time change this year than I can ever recall. I don't know if it's because I had a cold at the time and my sleep was already suffering, but I have been dragging this week and not feeling like myself! Even though I did my normal workouts, I can't say I gave my usual energy level to all of them. I'm hoping this weekend will help me get caught up on sleep and feeling like myself again! I plan to have another Astrology Style post up on Tuesday and I'm excited to share the Aries woman I'm highlighting this month. She's been in the news a bit more than usual lately and I recently had a comment here that my outfits reminded someone of her, so I hope you'll stop by Tuesday and see what you think!


Linking up with:
Katie / Megan / Lindsey /Amanda / ErikaAndreaNarci /JoLynne

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. yea the time change is a little annoying I've been sleep all week lol. I so need to shoot that ruched dress, I love it on you so much. Cannot wait for the Tuesday post. Get some rest this weekend.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great outfits as always. I can't even pick a favorite! Hope you have a great weekend Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dragging this week too! But it is so nice that the sun is setting closer to 7pm! That blue Express dress looks so pretty on you! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - definitely learned something new from your interview - you grew up in such a large family! Also - what you mentioned about the time it takes to blog (& engage community, interact on social media) is SO true. It's something we talked about on the blogging panel - how blogging can be as time intensive as you make it as there is ALWAYS something you could be doing - esp with social media. It really is up to us to limit it so it doesn't overwhelm or burn us out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading the piece at over at TBB. How fun to grow up in such a big family!

    Shelly @ The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all of these outfits! So inspirational. I would love to wear any of these right now. Great styling!! I've been resisting buying distressed jeans, but they look so amazing on you- you might have just convinced me to buy a pair. Thanks for sharing on the link up.

    xx-Shannon
    www.gaminestripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That camel jacket gets better and better each time I see it! And I usually love daylight savings but having it coupled with a Sunday morning work flight was brutal!! I've definitely been on the struggle bus this week and it's funny, I decided to skip the workout this morning and of course I was a pound lighter this morning. My body just needed to rest apparently. Hope you get your groove back this week! Excited to see who you have to feature next week!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this week's outfits! I miss your bags in the front view because I feel like they add so much color and fun! I still feel like your top down selfies are seriously perfect. I was dragging this week too!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your astrology posts are so fun! Looking forward to it. I really need to check out that tan coat, every time I see you wearing it on IG or on here I want one of my own! I had a hard time with Daylight Savings time, too...

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great style as always! love your daily outfits!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to check you out on the blended blog! Never heard of it, but what a cute name for a blog! Sometimes I wish I could change mine LOL.

    I love your camel express jacket! The drape is really pretty, and camel goes with everything. I'm having a hard time too with the time change. Hopefully we adapt next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your outfits, they're so classic and chic! You have an amazing handbag collection too, all the colors work so well! I'm never really sure how to match my bags to my clothes when they're not neutrals, so I can definitely use some inspiration (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. The youngest of nine? That's incredible. I really enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you more. I also love summer and like you, completely underestimated the time blogging took. You're doing an amazing job and I always look forward to reading what you post and your comments. I hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You wear stripes so well! That's really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh can't wait to see your next astrology post! i love that one of the workouts is called butts and guts haha. i will have a look at that slow and heavy one. i really struggled with daylight savings this year as well, i don't normally have an issue but it's been a struggle. of course, i don't have kids, i reckon they make it 10 times harder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfits as always, Gina! I am doing the Kayla Itsines fitness program for the past 3 weeks and so far so good. Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of these fun looks! You're so creative with your style. Love them all!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute outfits! I love your style and the way you present your outfit pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!