1/29/16

Outfits on the Daily 1/29/16

|
Happy Friday! Time for another outfit and fitness recap. I did a lot of catching up on personal stuff earlier this week (here) so I'll keep the chit chat to a minimum here and head straight to the outfit and fitness recaps:

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Dress: Express (True to size for me) / Necklace: Bloomingdale's (gift) / Ring: Kendra Scott (Black sold out, Turquoise for $26) / Boots: Target (Similar) / Bag: Tory Burch (Similar)

Jacket: Express (My color sold out, Very Similar Color + Style) / Cami: Express / Pendant: Stella & Dot / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Identical) / Short Necklace: Kendra Scott / Bag: Danielle Nicole


Tee: Express / Bralette: Express (In Store Only, Similar) / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Ring: Stella & Dot (gift) / Bracelet: Sage K & Co / Bag: Amazon



Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old Navy / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Ring: Express / Bag: Tory Burch (Similar)


Front View:

Front View Singles available here. I also added a front-view pic of the dress by itself for another look at the fit.

Outfit Inspiration:
Some of you may recall I have an affinity for outside-the-box outfit inspirations (think Cake, Barbie, or Bruno Mars). I love to give my friends and family a little extra attention on their birthday, so for my nephew's birthday this past week I used his YZ125 dirt bike for my outfit inspiration:
Image Sources: Top Top Right / Bottom Right 

Sweater: LOFT (Currently 40% off, I recommend sizing down from Express sizing) / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

I'm sure he would rather I got him this R2D2 riding helmet and gear, but that's a little out of my budget!

Restock Alert? Or Not??
I'm not 100% sure, but I think my taupe booties from Express might be my most-worn shoes this Fall/Winter. I shared four ways to wear them in this post back in October, and have probably worn them a dozen or more times since then, like these examples from the past couple of months:

I've been wanting a similar pair in a warmer-toned tan or beige booties for spring, and this week I spotted these at Express:

The color name for these is SAND, so I thought I should just check my past order to see what color name they gave my current pair because I didn't remember. Sorry for the tiny screenshot, but this is the best I can get from the website:
So they have the same color name, but they look different? I'm kind of confused and none of the stores near me have them in stock for me to see them in real life. So I did a few more comparisons:

Winter/Spring 2016 Booties:
Product Name: Faux Suede Western Heeled Bootie
Color Name: Sand
Heel Height: 3"

Fall 2015 Pair
Product Name: Western Zip Up Ankle Boot
Color Name: Sand
Heel Height: Approx 2.5" (per my own measurement from the back of the heel)

I may still end up ordering these and crossing my fingers that the color is as pictured on the website and not the same as my own, but if any of you happen to see these in store (or order them), please let me know how they are in person!

Fitness Recap:
Here's a look at the workouts I've done this week, based around Cathe's STS Meso 3 weight training.

Saturday: Kickboxing + Martial Arts (Local Studio)
Sunday: Dance Class (Local Studio)
Monday: Legs: STS Meso 3 Week 2 Plyo Legs
Tuesday: Abs: Pyramid Upper Body Abs + Cardio: Cathe Athletic Step
Wednesday: Shoulders, Bis, Tris: STS Meso 3 Week 2
Thursday: Glutes: Butts & Guts (Only Floorwork segment + Firewalkers) + Extended Stretching
 Friday: Chest and Back: STS Meso 3 Week 2

Notes and Modifications: 
I made the same modifications to the upper body work as I mentioned Last Week. Thursday is kind of my free day/flex day where I do whatever I feel like. I kind of feel like the Plyo Leg workouts in STS Phase 3 are more quad and inner thigh focused, so this week I decided to do some bonus glute work on Thursday.
* * *
And that's it for today! On Tuesday I'm planning to share some more detailed product info and fit notes on a few items from Express and my sweater above from LOFT. Express has several newish denim options and I feel like I've finally tried them all in the last couple of months so I want to share the differences for anyone else who might be curious!



Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Friday: ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / Katie / Megan / Lindsey

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. You look soooooo good in that dress, it's so sexy with the tall boots. You need to pick at least one more color. It's perfect for date night too. I would pretty much wear every single one of these outfits.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely getting blue since it's available online, plus I know I can borrow your styling ideas since you ordered it!

      Delete
  2. I think my taupe booties got more wear than what I originally anticipated as well. They really are a versatile shoe. I really like that helmet, and I'm not even in to bikes or Star Wars. You look great in that dress and yes, you really need the white one this summer. On a side note, I noticed Autumn Calabrese has a video on her youtube channel on how to work your way into the splits, and it made me think of you because.you know...you are my two favorite people now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing the Autumn video! I looked it up on YouTube (HERE if anyone else wants to see it. I can see why you like her as an instructor. She's really down to earth and practical...not too perky or over the top...which I like! And I'm beyond flattered that you'd put me in her league as one of your favorites. :)

      Delete
  3. All of these looks are great and that R2D2 helmet is too cool! You are so great at layering your necklaces. It's always one of my favorites in your outfit posts!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a very "Caryl" group of outfits! Love the dress on you and I think I may need that R2D2 helmet. Haha!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I had to go back and look at my outfits to see what you meant by that, but yes, I can definitely see elements of you there! I would need more prints and scarves to really pull off your style, but yes, you on a no-effort kind of day! Hahaha!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh Gina..are you wearing a dress!? I love that one on you! It's super cute. Love your out of the box inspiration..looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am!! It's definitely outside my box but I'm glad I went there.

      Delete
  6. that dress is phenomenal on you. i like it a lot. i might have to go in store and try it on, as i have been looking for a simple blue dress and it looks pretty online. it will most likely be too short though, rage. i always feel like an idiot with a dress + riding boots, but you make it look so good! maybe i am wearing the wrong dresses. anywho. i love the idea of the bralette with your tops so it's like a little more coverage / not cleavage without being a cami. i have to wear a cami with those tops for sure. sometimes i don't mind (like today, at work). love that you got inspiration from a dirt bike. you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bralette is so nice! You should definitely try one. I'm probably going to get one in white next. (I wish they had the same style in white but no luck.) DEFINITELY try on the dress! It's very snug in the hips and booty but I think that's the point. I really like it and that's saying something from someone who doesn't like dresses!

      Delete
  7. You look amazing in that dress and should wear them more often! Those taupe boots are definitely a must have staple! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I am definitely open to more dresses if they fit and feel like this. :)

      Delete
  8. every picture is perfection girl! love your style! so glad i found your blog through the link up! hope youll stop by mine as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Caitlin! I enjoyed visiting your blog as well!

      Delete
  9. First, thank you SO much for your comment on my blog yesterday. It was incredibly sweet! And honest which I always appreciate :) I do love blogging, just not the pressure I feel to look a certain way. It's mostly my own doing, and I'm working on that.

    Secondly, you look so pretty in a dress! I love that you paired it with the jacket and boots.

    And third, I can't wait to read your reviews next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand about the appearance pressure! For me it's probably more age related than weight related, but over time it's gotten easier to just accept that it's okay if someone doesn't like my blog because of my age or even my weight if they can't relate to it. There's something for everyone, but I can't be everything to everyone.

      Delete
  10. Wow, Wowwwwww Gina you look beyond amazing in that dress.
    I love , super love all these looks.
    Happy weekend!
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog and and all of your outfits are amazing. I'm loving all your from where I stand pics. It's perfection. Check out my blog to if you get a chance.

    Sovanny x
    https://thestylegem.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need to wear more dresses for sure! I love it with the tall boots. And I love that striped cardigan on you. I tried it on but did not like it on me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love seeing you rock that dress! And the bralett looks great. I haven't tried one myself. I swear, you can find outfit inspiration anywhere. A bike?! Only you.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many great outfits!! I love the second the best, but I love them all so that's not saying much haha.

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable outfits that I want to steal as always. I have a similar dress, jacket, and boots. Once it's warm enough to show bare skin again, I'll be copying it ASAP. I keep searching eBay and Poshmark for the burgundy jacket. I love my black one so much, I know I'd wear it just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gina, that first dress looks great on you!! I might have to pick it up for myself. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really very nice post i am really happy after read this post so really really thanks to share this post.

    Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions
    Real Hair Wigs
    Malaysian Curly Hair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!