1/26/16

Aquarius Style

|
Every month I take a look at the style traits of some famous women (or men!) whose birthday falls under the sign of the month to see what they have in common with each other or what outfit ideas I can get from them. Aquarius is the current sign of the season (January 20 - February 19), and I take particular interest in this sign because it's my own!

I mentioned last week that I wanted to find some new Aquarius fashion inspiration this month because in my last couple of posts about this sign (here and here), I focused on the same two Aquarius women: Jennifer Aniston (February 11, 1969) and Lauren Conrad (February 1, 1986). I shared several of my inspired-by-them outfits and other outfits I wear similar to theirs without even trying, like this one...
Top: Express (Similar)/ Necklace: CCO (Gift, Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Bag: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot (Similar)

...which is a lot like this one that Lauren wore. So after doing a little digging, I found a new favorite. I wasn't too familiar with Victoria Justice (February 19, 1993) prior to prepping this post since she's mainly known from her shows on Nickelodeon (and I haven't watched Nickelodeon since Fifteen went off the air), but I immediately recognized her shirt and sweater below from Express
Current similar print options for the plaid shirt: One or Two / Sweater out of stock

I don't own the Oversized Plaid Shirt she's wearing but you can see the exact one from Express on Rachelle or Caryl. I also tried on the black version of the sweater she's wearing above in this post. Aside from digging the fact that she shops at Express, in general I just think she has a lot of cute outfits that are wearable even for non-celebrities, easy to re-create, and made up of mostly classic pieces with a just a touch of trend:

For Aquarian women like Victoria, Jennifer and Lauren, the Back to Basics vibe seems to be the hallmark of their style. They don't wear a lot of prints, frills or fussy pieces. Jennifer and Lauren especially are known more for being fashionable than for being fashion forward. That slight distinction leads some people find their style boring or repetitive, while others (like myself) find it approachable and appealing!

Speaking of Back to Basics, a t-shirt and jeans is about as basic as you can get, and here's a look at how these three Aquarians style their basics:

And their preferred top layer for the basic tee and jeans? A moto jacket:

These themes are certainly similar to what you've seen me wear again and again:

ONE:
Tee: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar)

TWO:
Tee: Old NavyJeans: Express (Similar) /  Necklace: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Nordstrom

THREE:
Jacket: Express (Similar) / Tee: Old NavyJeans: ExpressNecklace: Express (Similar)/ Shoes: Target (Similar)

FOUR:
Jacket: Maurice'sTee: Old NavyJeans: Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Express (Similar)

My blogger friend Kristen is also an Aquarius, and despite the fact that she insists she is not a fashion blogger, she occasionally shares some of her wardrobe favorites on her blog. I thought it was fun to see in this recent post of hers how she gravitates to these exact same basics. When it comes to fashion, I think a lot of Aquarians are on board with sayings like, "no need to reinvent the wheel" or "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you're not an Aquarius and/or not clicking with the Back to Basics style, you might want to check out the most recent Astrology Style posts on each sign below to see if those suit you any better:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / 



Shop the Post:




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. I really love Aquarius style, you can't never go wrong with jeans and t-shirts.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love these posts! Can't go wrong with a white tee and jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting post, and as a fellow Aquarian I am completely fascinated by it. I could see myself in all of these looks. They are so stylish.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it very intriguing that all of you seem to have moto jackets. I've never been a true believer in horoscopes, but I'm not I'm starting to wonder. You have the best moto jacket collection around. And I for one, can always see another fashion post with Jennifer Aniston. Happy Birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easy laid back casual wear. These women make them look fantastic, not thrown together like I may look on a Saturday running errands LOL. My girl LC always looks amazing! I'm still waiting on her to hit me up by the way LOL. Loving your chambray and white pic at the top, this is an easy outfit inspiration so thank you! :)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do jeans and t shirts enough so thanks for that reminder! I have also pinned that outfit of LC with her striped flats, so I will need to do that with my new pair!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah. you just blew my mind. that is so true about back to basics, no wonder i gravitate towards outfits like this. i can handle small doses of prints, but if i could, i would wear a tee (or my one eleven tees because they are longer in the back and have longer sleeves, seriously, i wear them SO much) and jeans / leggings every day for the rest of my life and never get bored. I like subtle prints sometimes, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable - not crazy, just a little - than i do in prints vs solids. mind blown.
    and thanks for the shout out, you are the sweetest. i had a dream about you last night. i know, that's weird. you came over to KY and i picked you up from the airport, then dropped you at my house and showed you the guest room (with no bed, sorry about that) and then i left. for a long time. i came back and you were (understandably) mad at me. i felt like such a jerk when i woke up lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the polish these Aquarian girls give jeans and a tee! Jennifer Aniston does this better than anyone, fo'sho. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I know who she is but she has super cute style! LC is pretty much my favorite person ever so I don't think you can go wrong with her style haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit inspo! LC and Jennifer have such a perfect casual-chic style. Wish it were warmer in Boston to try these out!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Insta

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never go wrong with jeans and a tee! I love this style inspiration!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  12. both of them have a great sense of casual style - great idea for a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed this post when you first published it! I totally agree with your assessment of Aquarius style. I don't wear a lot of prints either. I really like Victoria's and Jennifer's style, especially Victoria's first outfit!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!