11/25/15

Top Insta-Outfits and Express Sale Favorites

|
As promised, I'm back today with my favorite Express items and planned purchases for the current storewide 50% off sale. Normally when there's a big sale like this I go through each category (shirts, sweaters, jeans, jewelry, etc.) and share a few of my favorite items within those categories. This time I decided to try something a little different and share my most-liked Instagram outfits that have Express pieces currently available online for the sale. We all know Instagram isn't real life, but when it comes to outfits there's a good chance an outfit that's more "liked" there will have some popular pieces well-liked pieces offline too.

So here are my top eight outfits according to Instagram, starting with the most-liked. There won't be a lot of links to "similar" items since this post is all about the exact items you can get at the best price right now!

ONE:
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Booties: Express / Bag: Express / Ring: Target / Nails: Chanel "Taboo" (gift from Rachelle)

TWO:
Jacket: ExpressNecklace: ExpressTank: Old Navy / Jeans: Nordstrom / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) / Ring: Kendra Scott (c/o) Bag: Amazon

THREE:

Jacket: Express / Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Ring: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon


FOUR: 
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Purple Peridot (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom

I wanted to mention that I really love this sweater and it comes in several other great neutral colors (shown below). The only reason I don't own it in more colors is that it's very warm, and since I live in a warm climate I don't feel I can justify as many of these as I can lighter weight sweaters and moto jackets.
Waffle Cover Up
All colors here

FRONT VIEW 1-4:

FIVE: 
Express Moto Jacket, Crepe Hem Tee, Black Jeans, Taupe Booties, MyLux Handbag, Kendra Scott Coby Necklace
Jacket: Express / Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Bag: Amazon / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Express / Nails: Chanel "Taboo" (gift from Rachelle)

SIX: 
Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target / Necklace: Express / Belt: Target / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Sage K & Co / Sunglasses: Forever 21

SEVEN: 
Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Booties: Express / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express

EIGHT:
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express (Bahama Coral) / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Sunglasses: Nordstrom / Shoes: Forever 21

FRONT VIEW 5-8:

By the Numbers:
1. Four of my top eight outfits included a Barcelona Cami. 
2. Three outfits featured my Taupe Booties (in store only now, sorry!)
3. Three outfits featured a Textured Knit Moto Jacket (in Berry or Black)
4. Two outfits included a Cascading Cover Up
5. Two outfits included Black Jean Leggings

So if you're looking for some nice wardrobe staples that will give you a lot of mileage and you don't have any of those five pieces, that's probably a good place to start!

Wishlist:
I'm really trying not to go crazy and buy all the things during the sale since clearly I own enough clothing and plenty of great pieces from Express. That said, it's hard to resist picking up a couple of things when the prices are this low:
Express sale wishlist 5

You might recognize some of these pieces from my Must-Haves and Wishlist Poll. What can I say? I like my friends' taste in clothes!
* * *

Please feel free to ask here (or Instagram might get a quicker reply) if you have any follow-up questions. I won't be posting tomorrow but I do plan to have my usual recap on Friday. In the meantime I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm certainly thankful for all of your support this year and appreciate that you make time to stop by my blog!


Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
SheafferMel and Shay / ErikaAndrea and Narci /JoLynne / Julie

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Gina! I should get my order by Friday, I 'm so excited.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cascading cardigan and the striped tee! I'm going black Friday shopping with my daughter and her friends so I'll have to stop in Express! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing what your most liked items are! I always love when you wear that burgundy jacket, and that cardigan is great!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving Gina! Enjoy the time with your family :) Thanks for all the shopping ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great collection of outerwear, Love that Burgundy jacket of yours.

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche - Fossil Watches

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad they brought back the 50% off sale! I'm hoping to head to the mall today and get some new jeans!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely getting that olive sweater now that it's on sale and a few of those cami's at less than $20 I can't say no! Happy Thanksgiving girl :)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you buy. I was a dork and ordered some thing items on Monday from Express and repurchased it again to get a better price. I picked up a few more cami (you got me so addicted to them!). Have a great Thanksgiving Gina!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your outfits Gina! The colors are perfect. Gotta love Black Friday. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went in there intending to buy the distressed black jeggings--such a great price and someone had returned my size in the tall inseam. They fit, but those distressed holes went really far up my leg. I thought they would be at my knee only. I didn't think I could get away with something like that. The sales girl was nice, but I kind of think she wanted to tell me that Chicco's was across the mall and I should leave Express and their distressed jeggings for the cool kids. Everything else was so pretty. I tried on the sequined Barcelona cami for an upcoming Christmas party, but decided I really didn't need it. I'm trying so hard to not buy for myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all these sweaters! I literally want then all.
    Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Happy Friday Gina.
    Xo, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh fun, i like the way you did this post. i was hemming and hawing over that sweater, i almost bought it and now i'm kicking myself that i didn't if you love it so much. i spent so much this month though, so i really don't need to buy anything else! hope you had a good thanksgiving girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute looks! I love that greeny/taupe sweater. The long gold necklace is perfection with it!
    Thanks so much for linking up today! #bestofblogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a big Express fan as well. I love the grey sweater from the first pic and am going to look it up on their website now! Thanks for posting! #bestofblogs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!