10/13/15

Outfit Planning: Burgundy Jacket 4 Ways

|
Today is the second installment of my One Piece, Four Ways series that I'm doing this month to help myself get the most use out of my recent purchases and hopefully give you all a few ideas in the process. Today's piece is one of my favorite fall purchases, my Burgundy Moto JacketCarylee also has this exact jacket, so I asked her to collaborate with me today and share four ways she's planning to style this jacket. So it's really double header today with eight ways to wear it in all!

Option One
Jacket: ExpressNecklace: ExpressTank: Old Navy / Jeans: Nordstrom / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar) / Ring: Kendra Scott (c/o) Bag: Amazon

Result: When I searched for "burgundy jacket" on Pinterest, pairing it with a striped top was one of the most popular combinations. Because who doesn't like stripes? So I used my own pieces to put together a similar look (inspired mainly by the Brooklyn Blonde option on the far left below), and was happy enough with the outcome to wear it as-is.


Option Two:
One of the comments on my last post with my grey jacket (here) was that all of my outfits were very similar: skinny jeans, long necklace, pointy shoes. And it's true! Those are the things I like to wear the most so they're always on repeat. (Case in point: my first outfit above.) But I decided to try pushing out of my comfort zone a little bit this time and grabbed one of the few skirts I own to build my outfit around that:

Jacket: Express / Necklace: Express / Tank: Target / Skirt: Express (Similar) / Tights: Target / Booties: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Result: Every once in awhile I step outside my comfort zone and find a winner, and this outfit is one those times. I really loved it, and although it's a bit too dressy for my everyday life I think it would be fun for date night.


Option Three:

This look by @a_southerndrawl sealed the deal for me in purchasing the burgundy jacket (she posted it back in September when I was just thinking about getting it) because I knew I already had all the pieces for a similar look, so I had to give it a spin:
Jacket: Express / Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom / Bag: Amazon 

Result: I was sad I couldn't get a great picture of this outfit because it was probably my favorite of the four. I like white jeans about as much as I like moto jackets so I was confident this outfit would work for me and it didn't disappoint.

Option Four:
Jacket: Express / Top: Express / Necklace: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Ring: Kendra Scott (c/o) / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Shoes: Target (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

Result: I shared this outfit when I wore it last week and I didn't have any particular inspiration for it. It's just a basic white top and jeans, but the jacket definitely made it look a lot less basic!

Front View:
Here's a final front view look at all four outfits from this post:

Last time around I was three out of four with my outfit planning and this time it's four out of four. So now I have a total of seven outfits ready for fall...I just need fall weather to go with them! Carylee and I didn't exchange notes on this post so I have no idea how different or similar our outfits will be, but I'm excited to go check out her post to get some more ideas for styling this jacket and I hope you'll go check it out too!



Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Lindsey / Tara / ErikaAndrea and Narci / JoLynne

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Option 1 is probably my favourite, followed by option 3. Love them all though, who knew a burgundy jacket would work so well! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great ideas for my deep red leather jacket I got last year. I didn't get to wear it a lot but this year I cannot wait.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we did this! Since we have a lot of similar items, I really wanted to make sure I was pairing things with pieces I knew you did not have to ensure a versatile post! Stripes are definitely my favorite pairing with this jacket! Your feather Barcelona and grey skinnies would have been great in this roundup also! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have lots of thoughts about that 'your outfits are too similar' comment, but i don't want to be rude on your blog so i will be rude when we email, k? k.
    anywho. you make me want a burgundy jacket! it is such a pretty colour and i have lots of stripes, so clearly i need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute styling options! I love the first look with the stripes and also the skirt!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color is so beautiful! It's just a gorgeous shade! I really love it this year, but I think I first fell for it last year. I think it's actually fairly versatile. It's a great pop of fun color that compliments neutrals. I know you'll get plenty of use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love outfit 4 with the distressed denim and booties. I also really like option 2 as it gives me inspiration for different outfit styles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really gorgeous color. I don't have much burgundy but have been seeing on everyone else and "need" some pieces in this color. My favorite is the skirt outfit. Off to check out Carylee's outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I love the versatility of something that at first glance you may think otherwise. I feel the same way about skirts, but I absolutely love that outfit on you. I'm thinking I may need this berry jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the fact that you have found a "uniform" of sort that looks good on you. I take that back. It looks great on you. I may not have that exact uniform, but I'm always inspired by your color combinations and sometimes try to imitate the overall look. You really do have a good eye for color cordination and accessorizing. I'm loving all of these looks....as usual. The jacket was a great purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl..you're making me want that jacket! I love it with the skirt (and I just love that skirt in general!) but all the outfits are amazing. I love this series! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely loving this jacket especially the color <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with this new jacket. The color is so deep and rich, perfect for fall. I must say my favorite is the striped combo!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful looks! I love them all.
    Xox, Raysa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Option 1 or 4! I really love that burgundy colour. The textured detail is great on your jacket too - adds a little something extra that normal blazers don't.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how they all wore it in Option 1!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the burgundy jacket and I think wearing it with stripes and jeans was my favourite look. I bought a burgundy cardigan and wasn't sure how to wear it and now I have some ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I need this jacket in my life - I just love the color and how versatile it is.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see your Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great versatile piece, all of the outfit looks great on you, but since I love stripes I like option 1.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all these! Great jacket. :)
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com
    Fridays Fashions link up

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make me want to go out and buy a burgundy jacket right now. I especially love it with the striped top. Love the pretty necklaces as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, now I really want that jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This jacket is really cute and I love all the ways you styled it! My favorite look is with the white skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!