8/25/15

Virgo Style

|
We are just entering Virgo Season (August 23-September 22) so just like I do every month for my Astrology Style Series, today I'm analyzing the style of the sign of the month, finding out what they have in common (if anything) and what outfit ideas I can get from Virgo ladies.

I made a commitment to myself earlier this year (read more here) to make posts like this work around what I already have rather than using them as an excuse to go shopping for more stuff, so I was happy to find one item several Virgo women love that I already have: the neutral cardigan.

Sweater: Express / Tank: Target / Skirt: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Clutch: Stella & Dot / Bracelet: c/o Zinnia West ("Farrah") / Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar)

My outfit above was inspired by Rachel Bilson's (August 25, 1981) look below. She wears her neutral cardigan frequently and initially I was planning to copy the pants look instead. But it was too warm for that so even though I don't have a black dress, I improvised with a basic tank and skirt.
Outfit One:
Sweater: Express / Tank: Target / Skirt: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Clutch: Stella & Dot / Bracelet: c/o Zinnia West ("Farrah") / Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar)

Outfit Two:
Sweater: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Express / Black Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target (Similar)

At some point (before the end of summer!) I still want to try an outfit like Rachel's shorts look below. Some of my other favorite fashionable Virgo ladies like Cameron Diaz (August 30, 1972) and Nicole Richie (September 21, 1981) styled their neutral cardigans in outfits that look perfect for upcoming transitional weather.
(More on Cameron's personal style here and big screen style here) (More on Nicole's style here)

Even though I'm an Aquarius, this ended up being one of my favorite signs to analyze because it gave me a lot of ideas for making outfits with things I already own. I also liked seeing how each of the Virgo ladies put their own spin on one piece: Rachel adds trendy details, Nicole always has some boho vibes, and Cameron is more classic. As always, I look forward to hearing from Virgos on how you relate to the signature piece of your sign-mates and if you connected more with one interpretation over another!


Shop the Post:



P.S. If you're wondering about the style traits for your own sign, you can check out the last post about it here!

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / 


Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne 

CONVERSATION

41 comments:

  1. I love Rachel's and Cameron's style, yay for virgo season.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that means we'll be celebrating your birthday soon here!

      Delete
  2. I am a Virgo! Love the neutral cardigan. I am big on neutrals in general and black & whites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Glad you can relate to Virgo style!

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of all those ladies' style! They all wear neutrals so well. Loving these outfits that you picked out, and your interpretation looks great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Express sweater with the skirt and layered necklace - so pretty!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY love that cardi!! NEED! :) The shorts outfits is perfect.....I'm def. going to copy it with something my in my closet!! LOVE!! Hope you are having a great week. XOXOXO ~ Casey

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU'RE BACK YAYYYYYYYY!

    Loving these style pics- Nicole Richie is a fave of mine. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see the similarities between your fearless style and hers!

      Delete
  7. So many stylish virgo ladies! I love Rachel Bilson!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely a great one to follow for cute everyday outfits!

      Delete
  8. That shorts outfit is super cute. I can't wait to see your take on this. I have a neutral cardigan on my fall wish list. Lots of good looks to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try the shorts outfit! So cute on Rachel.

      Delete
  9. I love Rachel and Cameron's style! This is great inspiration to remix some of the neutral pieces in my closet!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found some good outfit inspiration!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the style inspiration.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this series! That cardigan is the perfect neutral. I can't wait to see your recreation of the shorts outfit!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  12. rachel is so adorable. i never thought to wear a cardi like that with dresses / skirts / shorts. looks like i need more neutral cardigans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found out about these series and seriously love the idea! You can be sure I just checked what you wrote about Leo, and you're so right, we love denim shorts!!! Thank you for this post, it's very inspirational!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found my blog and enjoyed the series! I love hearing back from people on how they connect with their sign. (Or not!!)

      Delete
  14. As a Virgo myself, I may be biased but I think these ladies are my favorites from your series. I've always loved Rachel Bilson because she is my height, so I feel like I can get a good idea of how trends that she wears will look on me. Although she's much thinner lol! I love your neutral cardigan, and I think I really do need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't hurt that you also look a little like Rachel! Glad that you related to this post as a Virgo!

      Delete
  15. I always enjoy this series and totally loving the neutral looks this month.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMAZING BAG :) Kiss from France, *-* Sand. *-*
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfit - I have a similar pearl necklace that I always seem to be wearing because it goes with everything!

    Rachel's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have I just missed your other looks or is it rare to see you in a skirt? I really love that first look with the black tank and skirt. You should wear skirts more often, you look great! I also need to start making new looks with the items I already own. That's where the creativity comes in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is extremely rare to see me in a skirt or dress! I don't know why I just don't favor them that much. But I did recently purchase one more skirt so you may see me in them just a little bit more!

      Delete
  19. I really like you in a skirt Gina. You look super girly :). By the way, I love both of your recreations, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your remix pieces.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of the outfits you styled. It's always nice to find some wardrobe inspiration.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! I love love love your navy dress and how you styled it!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, it's actually a black tank top and skirt but I tried to make it look like a tank dress so I'm glad it worked!

      Delete
  22. Yes! I love that Rachel mixes basics with trendier details. I've always adored that about her! And I swear I thought that was a dress when I first saw it on IG and about cheered with excitement! Trickery!! :)
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned about outfit trickery from the best!!

      Delete
  23. I feel like I need a neutral cardigan for my birthday this weekend. I love Cameron Diaz's style - maybe because we share a birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!