8/28/15

Outfits on the Daily 8/28/15

|
Well hello again! Time for another four-outfit Friday recap and a few other tidbits to discuss as we head into the weekend.

Outfit Recap

As Seen on Instagram:
TopExpress / Necklace: ExpressJeansExpress / ShoesLord & Taylor / Bag: Amazon / Nails: Essie "Flowerista" / Watch: Fossil (Similar) / Bracelet: Purple Peridot

Jacket: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Booties: Target (Similar) / Necklace: Turquoise Pendant c/o Zinnia West / Bag: Express (Similar)

Tee: Banana Republic / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Belt: Gap /  Crossbody Bag: Stella & Dot (Similar) / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Necklace: c/o Kendra Scott / Ring: c/o Kendra Scott

Top: ExpressShorts: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (Option) / Bracelet: "Farrah" c/o Zinnia West / Bag: Kohls / Sandals: Lord & Taylor


Front View:



Kendra Scott Swag

You might have noticed I shared a couple of new Kendra Scott pieces in my outfits above and my Snapchat followers already know that I got these from a blogger seminar I attended last week (called RS Masterclass). The San Diego event was sponsored by Kendra Scott and it was a great way to learn a few new things and meet some other nice local bloggers, like Audrey of Putting Me Together. I have always admired Kendra Scott pieces on other people, but haven't splurged on them myself yet so I was pretty excited (understatement!) to receive this gift at the event. The stones in the ring are so much prettier in person than I've been able to capture in any of my outfit pics so I tried to take a detail shot.
Ring: c/o  Kendra Scott/ Nails: Nails: Essie "Flowerista" / Bracelets: Nordstrom (Similar 3 for $30 Stacking Options)

I don't normally wear the ring over my knuckles like this, but attempting to take pictures of the back of my hand with the ring in its normal position made it clear why the job of hand model exists. And I would definitely not be hired for that job unless they are specifically seeking a geriatric hand model.


Labor Day Sale Predictions:

Labor Day falls on September 7 this year, and Labor Day Weekend usually means a storewide 40% off sale at Express.  I checked my sale post from last year, and they started the sale on the Wednesday before Labor Day at midnight (so really...the Thursday before Labor Day) and it ran for five days (through Monday). I don't have any inside information on this but I'm hoping they do it the same way this year! I've been holding off buying anything new from Express for the last couple of weeks and my wishlist is growing while I keep my fingers crossed for the sale. Normally I start texting my other Express shopping friends around this time with "What are you going to get at the sale?!" and I'm sure that will start happening this weekend! My next post will be on Tuesday, and between now and then I'll try to check in with all my friends to get the scoop on recent favorites and wishlist items and share them here on Tuesday so we don't miss out on anything good during the sale!



Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle / Carylee / Katie

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about the labor day sale, ok I might have to get a couple of things. We'll see! Love all your looks this week, specially the olive shirt one.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these details. You have such a great style

    www.DianeFnk.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Kendra Scott ring! My favorite outfit is the striped tee and denim! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just going to admit that I'm completely jealous of your going to an event sponsored by Kendra Scott and getting swag. Just completely jealous. Great ring and great photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit that I felt VERY spoiled by that! I genuinely don't want it to seem like I'm bragging about it or trying to make others jealous but I also have an obligation to disclose courtesy items, so I wanted to make it clear it wasn't just a personal gift from Kendra herself! I WISH!!

      Delete
  5. That sale could be dangerous for me :) Can't wait to see what you end up picking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are always so spot on! I LOVE the shoes in the first two outfits --- going to find them now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to wear olive and white again! Thanks for the reminder! And still jealous about the ring!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh pretty kendra scott stuff! i hope express does a good sale for labor day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love the KS ring! I have a handful of her pieces and I'm so happy with all of them! I do wish the price point was a bit less but so far I haven't experienced issues with quality.

    I'm really excited to go shopping at express soon! I really want to buy that cardigan that you wear white often, the one that drapes in front. I also wouldn't mind another couple camis, one in white since mine are getting dis colored and another in navy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite often, not white! I hate autocorrect :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha. I had to laugh at the geriatric hand model. I've had old lady hands since I was in my 20s. Oh well. How nice to get the Kendra jewelry. I just love her pieces. And, I stopped in Express this week and picked up a few things. I'm kind of kicking myself because of the upcoming sale, but oh well. I did buy the necklace in your first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here on the hands situation! At least it's easy enough to hide in my pics! :P

      Delete
  12. Such cute outfits! I always love your cobalt blue tank. I adore your distressed shorts too. I just bought a pair yesterday on clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kendra Scott does have some gorgeous pieces, I love her rings like the one you're wearing! Hope you've had an amazing weekend!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit recap! The last mani selfie is my favorite!!!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfit recap, you are always styled to perfection.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't that KS double ring fabulous?! I received it in a recent Rocksbox shipment, and am in love! Also loving your stripes and olive top - two of my favs <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok I may need to scoop up that grey jacket for the Express Labor Day sale.... like for real. But I need a couple camis and portofinos first. Ugh the struggle to not go overboard... Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great series...
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your style <3

    - Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!