8/18/15

More Pieces of Carylee

|
Anytime I make a purchase that was strongly influenced by a particular individual, it feels like I'm wearing a little piece of them throughout the day. My regular readers know that Carylee has influenced quite a few of my outfits and purchases in the past couple of years, and since it just so happens to be her birthday today, I wanted to celebrate by sharing some of my favorite pieces of her.

These leopard sandals are my all-time favorite purchase that was 100% enabled by her. I didn't even know I needed leopard wedge sandals but she swore they were so comfy and such a good price that I absolutely had to get them. I trusted her, and to follow my blog or Instagram is to know I wear these all. the. time. Unfortunately the exact ones are sold out most places, but I do have a pretty similar option linked below.
Top: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Old Navy (Old, In Store Only) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot / Belt: Gap / Shoes: Sam Edelman Sutton (Similar) / Sunglasses: Nordstrom (Similar)

And here are a few ways the birthday girl has styled her leopard sandals:

I have to sidetrack from the shoes for a minute to mention The Hair. That's another one of my favorite pieces of her. Notice how it's styled differently in each of the four outfits above? I love seeing all the different things she can do with it to complement her outfits. As for the shoes, I think I might wear these shoes more often than she does, but it might be because she has so many other leopard shoe options!


And these are just her Sam Edelman leopard shoes! But this picture brings me to the next piece of her I love, which is her flat lay magic. Her flatlays always look professional and I don't know how she does it, but anyone who has tried it knows she is really, really good at it. She inspired me to try it myself and I found out quickly I don't have a knack for it, but my attempts in my packing posts here and here made me admire her skills that much more.

I see Caryl's influence frequently throughout the blogging and Instagram community when people tag her in outfits they wear or mention her in their blog posts, so I invited a few more of her friends to share their own favorite pieces of her to join in the birthday celebration!

Kellie:

"I'm calling this outfit the "Caryl" because each piece was inspired by her - somehow she managed to convince me that I didn't just want this top, these blush destroyed jeans and a pair of white heels, but rather I needed them. And, I will gladly say, she was right, I did need them and they have become some of my favorite pieces! Happy Birthday Caryl - thanks for the ongoing fashion inspiration!"


Skye:

"Carylee has great style. She always finds unique pieces when it comes to jewelry. When she first posted about this turquoise sunburst pendant by House of Harlow, I went into crazy search mode. The turquoise was sold out everywhere BUT I wasn't giving up. I finally found it and now it's mine!!! Thanks Carylee for being a fashion inspo to me and to many others. Happy Happy Birthday!!!"


Rachelle: 
Pinksole / Instagram / Exact Outfit: Here

"I love Caryl's style and most of all I love her, she is the sweetest. We love a lot of the same things but I clearly remember wanting olive skinny jeans/pants after seeing hers (here), so I got myself a pair and copied her color combo as well. It was just so perfect."


Jenna:
Sincerely Jenna Marie / Instagram / Exact Outfit: Here

"Caryl inspired the purchase of almost every piece in this outfit! We were shopping together when I bought both the purse and the jacket. She provided the voice of reason that I needed them, because wasn't entirely sure about either, but she was so right. She also agreed that I obviously need orange lace-up flats (duh) and RSVP'd to my tea party I am eventually planning because I need somewhere to wear this skirt. I think I may be hard-pressed to find an outfit in the last year that Caryl didn't contribute to in one way or another... Not only is she an excellent partner-in-shopping-crime, but an awesome friend! Happy Birthday Caryl!"


Noelle:
Beauty Girl 24 / Instagram / Exact Outfit: Here

"Caryl influenced my decision to get the Express knot front tee. I saw her wearing them in several posts, and because we are the same height, I ordered one during a sale. It helps that she is fabulous, but it really helps because she is my same height! I can see how something will look on her, and chances are, the same piece will work on me. I'm so happy I did order the tee because it really is such a staple in my wardrobe now. I wear it all the time, and even got another in white. Caryl's "enabling" never fails me. She's also influenced my shoe selection, and I'll be sure to credit her when I receive my latest order from Topshop."

* * *

First of all, I had to laugh at how often Caryl knows what we need in our closets before we do! I was also amused that it was a different item for each of us! When I first started putting this together I thought a few ladies would come back with the same item that they associate most with her influence but we all had something different. Her influence is as diverse as her hairstyles, and I think that's part of why she's so well-loved in the blogging community. There's a piece of her that's just right for everyone and I couldn't be happier to call her a friend in real life, too.
Can't wait to do this again!



Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara / JoLynne / Rachelle / Carylee / Katie

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. awww this is so sweet, Happy Happy Birthday Caryl!


    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a cute post! I love Caryl's style! Wishing her a happy birthday!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Love Caryl's style and love seeing how she has influenced other's outfits!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I discovered your blog through Caryl's and she always does have great style. I first discovered her on a style forum where I think she enabled everyone to go out and buy that knotted tee. But she does know what looks good. I really enjoyed how you collected the sentiments of other bloggers/instagrammers. This was a sweet dedication to a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww such a sweet post! Caryl is the best! I loved this idea for a post too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest post!! I found Caryl's blog thanks to you, and she has fantastic style. I love how you introduce us to so many different bloggers/IGers. Happy birthday to her (What's her fave drink so I can have one in honor of her too!?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! A dirty grey goose martini! Or a Strawberita!!! And thank you!!!

      Delete
  7. Seriously! I'm crying right now! I'm overwhelmed with the love! Thanks for putting this together! I will write more when I stop ugly crying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a touching tribute to a fashionable young lady Carylee - she indeed has a great sense of style!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great post! Carylee has great style and it was so cool seeing her influence on everyone! Happy birthday Carylee!!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best post ever! Happy birthday caryl! Her hair is my personal favorite piece of her. I am hopeless with mine, so whenever I see the different ways she can style hers, I do get a little envious! She is fabulous all around and you two are wonderful for this blog community :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post and idea! What a great friend (and personal stylist friend)!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina this is such the perfect tribute to a friend! Carylee does have an amazing sense of style, are flat lays are utterly posh and I covet her closet decor in the worse way LOL. Happy birthday to her and I hope you are having an amazing day as well!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! Such a great tribute to one of the greats in the blogging community! Happy birthday Carylee!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Caryl! I'm pretty sure that she's influenced one or more of my purchases. What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post girl! And LOVING those leopard sandals you and Carylee both have <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet gesture! What a beautiful friendship you both have! I love that you take so much style advice from here and I'm sure she takes so much from you as well. What a lovely gesture, Gina. I am sure this made her day and really, reading your blog is always so heartfelt and always goes beyond blogging for me.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good great post!! Happy Birthday Caryl :)
    Would you like to follow each other in GFC, Bloglovin or Instagram (my IG name is @travelera.es) ?
    Let me know which one to follow you so we can keep in touch! xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of the sweetest posts I've ever read! Love Carlyee's style!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i see why y'all chose her!! excellent style!!! and now i want those leopard sandals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww you two are so adorable. glad you made such an awesome friend from blogging! meanwhile, her hair is ALWAYS fabulous. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw this is so cute!!! What a good friend you are! I looooove Caryl's style - she inspires me all the time as well :)
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just came back to read all the sweet comments, and ended up crying AGAIN!
    You are too much. Thank you.
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Leopard shoes are the best....those sandals are adorable! I've been wanting leopard booties for awhile now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great post and I love the leopard shoes when I first saw it on her and than on you. Carlyle is truly a sweet heart, and I have purchased a couple of pieces because of her. What a great post all around :).

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!