7/22/15

Oregon Travel Outfits

|
On Monday I shared my packing plan for a four day getaway to the Oregon Coast, and since there was a time delay on sharing that post, I've already gone and come back from that trip. I made some last minute changes on my way out the door so today I'm following up with how the outfits actually turned out and the two pieces I purchased for the trip (both shown in this outfit pic from Oregon) that ended up being my favorites.

Jacket: LOFT / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Sneakers: Amazon / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Bag: Amazon

I made two purchases specifically for this trip and was really glad to have both of them. First, the Nike Internationalist sneakers. Rachelle told me they said "model off duty" so I was sold!

I ordered mine from Amazon (this exact color is still available) but there are also several color options included in the Nordstrom sale for almost $20 less than I paid (one is pretty similar to these). I normally wear a size 7 or 7.5 in shoes, and I took a 7 in these shoes.

Second was this bag, also from Amazon:


I planned all of my outfits (posted here) to work with my hot pink crossbody, but in the meantime I was hunting (with a lot of help from Carylee and Skye) for a bigger hot pink bag for travel. I wanted something to fit a water bottle, snacks, sweater, Kindle and all the other stuff I need to carry when I'm traveling. This ended up being perfect. It was big enough for all my stuff but small enough to fit easily underneath the seat in front of me on the airplane.

You can refer back to this post to see what I planned on taking, but here's what I really ended up wearing:
ONE:
Sweater: Express /  Tee: Target / Leggings: Express / Necklace: Express / Leopard Sandals: Nordstrom

TWO:
Jacket: LOFT / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Sneakers: Amazon / Jeans: Express (Similar

THREE:
Jacket: LOFT / Tee: Old Navy /  Necklace: Express /  Sneakers: Amazon / Black Jeans: Express

FOUR: 
Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Sandals: Target (Out of Stock, Similar at 6 PM) / Jeans: Express (Similar


At the last minute I decided to throw my jacket in my suitcase and wear a sweater to the airport (far left outfit) instead. It actually looked better with the outfit and was easier to move around in. Plus I could fold it up and store it in my new bag when I didn't want to wear it.

I planned for every outfit to work with all three pairs of shoes I was packing. That ended up working out great because each day we did a variety of activities and I was comfortable for all of them just by changing my shoes. For example here's my black tee outfit with each of the shoe options:


For those wondering or familiar with the area, we stayed in Cannon Beach at The Waves Inn, both of which get my recommendation. It was a fun little town, and even though it was near 100° in Portland, it rarely got over 70° at the coast. So it wasn't bikini beach weather, but it was perfect for enjoying the outdoors and exploring the town.  I had a comment on Monday's post from Mary who frequents the Oregon coast, and she said, "...you never know when it's going to get cold there, so we always take jackets. I find it hard to walk on the beach in sandals, so I always wear tennis shoes. Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen."  Her advice was completely spot on!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. These sneakers are so cute, happy you kept them. Love how organized you are when traveling I always end up taking more stuff lol.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Gina! I think the comment about off-duty model is spot on. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous outfits of course :) i really love your loft jacket, and it is so smart to make sure all your outfits work with all the shoes. i need to do that next time. i had to change an outfit completely a couple times in europe because i wanted to change my shoes.
    that pink bag - swoon. gorgeous. i always use a crossbody when i travel but i bought a little backpack when we got back because i guess i'm getting old or something ;) but seriously, my crossbody always ends up so chockablock full that it starts to hurt my shoulders, which then makes my entire back hurt, so i thought a backpack (and even weight distribution) would help for future trips. as far as i can tell, it's not easily pick pocket-able.
    and i just talked a lot about a backpack. happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always a smart packer. I tried to pack around my shoes for this business trip that I'm on but I still overpacked! That pink bag is adorable and perfect for travel!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, these outfits are perfect and I'm in love with those Nikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these outfits so perfect! I really want a pair of Nikes like that!
    xoxo,Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a sucker for sneakers, I love this pair of Nikes! I need to get myself a new pair!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the best packer Gina & I love those sneakers!! I've been looking for a cute pair just like it, loving all of these casual looks. Hope all is well with you and your family Gina, I cannot imagine such a tragic loss and glad that you have a good support system. I also wanted to let you know I'll miss you on Manic Mondays but I understand why and think its a wise choice.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those sneakers!! They are the perfect not-too-bulky type pair I like to have to traveling and weekending. You are a pro at this.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that bag, such a gorgeous color <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god! That pink bag. It is perfect. And those sneakers are so cute! I just bought a pair of sneakers so it would be hard to justify another pair, but they come in blue??? I have been getting better at packing but I still overpacked a little for Seattle. I hate not having options and I always misjudge the weather and am either too cold or too hot with what I packed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you enjoyed your trip! I love all of those looks. It's so great to have a set color palette when traveling. It makes it so much easier! I really love that cargo jacket. I've been looking for just the right one!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have not purchase sneakers for casual wear and use mine exclusively for working out. They get so dirty from working out that I don't want to wear them anywhere else. Great sporty look and loving your cute new pink tote.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved seeing what you wore! your outfits were perfect for the time and place. my cousin is there right now visiting and just got engaged there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that would be a beautiful place to get engaged/married. (In the summer, at least!!)

      Delete
  15. I love to see travel outfits! And those shoes look great. I might check them out. Also, I really hope this comment goes through. I have commented on some previous posts (including the one about your family), but notice they never show up, even when I recheck a few days later. It's probably user error, but I really hope you see it this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi!! I'm sorry about blogger eating your previous comments! I hear that from people every once in awhile, and it seems to only be on posts where there are a higher-than-average volume of comments (usually because I am replying to posts on the blog vs. replying back on the commenter's page, as I did on my family post). It might be two people trying to post simultaneously or something. Either way, thanks for coming back and trying again and let me know if you try the Nikes!

      Delete
  16. Glad you had a good time at the coast! Your outfits were perfect (so glad you had tennies for the beach, I actually worried about you out there in sandals lol) Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks for your concern, Mary! The jacket and sneakers were definitely key to my comfort there!!

      Delete
  17. Like I said on Monday, I really want to head up to Oregon! It looks so pretty! Cold, but pretty. I like the nike's you got for the trip. Granted, I'm not a sneaker girl. I only wear them to work out, and as soon as I get home, I take them off right away! But I've seen a lot of ladies wear those and they do look really stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad the bag worked out! It's such a great shape! And I def need the internationalists in more colors! For sure! :)
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the Oregon coast! I love it there! Where are you going? Last summer we spent time in Lincoln City and then traveled south down the coast. Anyway, great outfits! And I love that hot pink bag! I've been on a big kick lately!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!