7/24/15

Outfits on the Daily

|
Hello again and I hope your Friday is off to a not-too-terrible start so far! If you're thinking things look a little different around here today, I did indeed get a little site makeover here thanks to this talented lady. Scroll down to Favorite #3 for the inside scoop on our history. But first things first, I'll start with an outfit recap.

1. Double Outfit Recap
Most of the time I share four of my most recent outfits on Fridays, but 4-7 everyday outfits each week on Instagram. So this week I'm doubling up the outfit recap to share some backlogged extras that are still relevant for summer.

Detail View:
Sadly I've still never found an affordable duplicate for this Old Navy necklace and they don't sell their jewelry online. I linked a similar Kendra Scott necklace below but obviously it's quite a bit more than I paid. If anyone knows a cheaper option let me know!
Top: ExpressShorts: J Crew Factory (Hot pink sold out, Similar option Here) / Necklace: Old Navy (Similar but $44) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Purple Peridot / Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar)

I wore this to lunch with Noelle on Monday and as usual, we had a great time catching up. If you missed it on her Instagram page, you can see our lunch pic here
Cami: ExpressSweater: ExpressJeans: Express / Bag: Amazon / Necklace: Chic Couture Online (Sold Out, gift from Rachelle) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Purple Peridot / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"


This outfit was inspired by this outfit on Carylee. I loved her pairing of this striped cami with olive but I had to do the shorts version to beat the summer heat. (Also...anytime you see this much hair in my picture it's clip-in hair extensions from Sally's! I gave all the details in this post.)
Cami: Express / Shorts: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Bag: Saks off 5th / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Sage K & Co (Sold Out) / Shoes: Macy's (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

Back to basics:
Top: Express / Necklace: Express / Black Jeans: ExpressSandals: Target (Out of Stock, Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express 


Front View:


Round Two, Detail View:

Another basic black and white combo:
Top: Express / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Pink Crossbody: Express (SimilarNecklace: Chic Couture Online (Gift from Rachelle) / Shoes: Macy's (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Romper Room"

I recently got this bag for days when I need to carry more stuff than my usual crossbody can fit. The blush color is really versatile and I'm really happy with the quality for the price (so far!)
Cami: Express (Exact color sold out) / Sweater: Express / Necklace: Target (Similar) / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Bag: Amazon / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Sage K & CoSandals: Macy's / Nails: Essie "East Hampton Cottage"

Sadly, the best Barcelona Cami colors for summer have been cleaned out and they're already stocking the fall colors. If you didn't get this in time I linked a very similar option below.
Cami: Express (Exact color sold out, Similar top & color Here) / Necklace: Express Jeans: Express / Bag: Amazon Watch: Fossil Bracelet: Purple Peridot / Shoes: Sam Edelman "Sutton" (Similar)


I wore this but never actually posted this outfit on Instagram because I just couldn't get a picture that I liked enough. But I still liked the outfit so I may try to wear it again and do a re-take!
Top: Express / Shorts: J Crew Factory (Option) / Necklace: Express / Bag: Saks off 5th / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Shoes: Macy's (Similar) / Nails: Essie Blanc

Round Two, Front View:

2. Favorite Summer Wardrobe Addition
Last summer, Express came out with the Barcelona Cami and it was a wardrobe-changer. This year I feel that way about the Marled Ribbed Cascading Cover Up, and it's a match made in heaven with the Barcelona Cami (and even just t-shirts). It's lightweight and comfortable, but just enough warmth for freezing indoor A/C. If I'm wearing a Barcelona Cami I carry one of these with me to every store, restaurant, movie theater or airport and I'm good to go. You've seen me wear them a lot:
Neutral & Marled Black option Here / White option Here

It comes in six colors total, and I'm having a hard time talking myself out of wanting all of them! (And yes, prior to this year I was anti-cardigan. But...this is a cover-up. It's different...) If you need a little more convincing you can see how DeniseRachelle and Erin wore theirs, too.

3. Favorite Graphic Designer
I promised I would be spending less time blogging and more time with family this summer, and lucky for me one of those family members (my niece!) happens to have her own graphic design business and blog!

A few months ago at a family get together and Audrey and I got to talking about blog stuff. She offered to give me a blog makeover, and when your younger, cuter niece suggests any kind of makeover, you know you need one. So I listened and I warned her that I might be her worst client ever. But she was ready for the challenge and was really amazing to work with. I highly recommend her if you're in the market for a little blog makeover of your own!

Thanks for reading today and just a reminder that next week I'm attempting a new Tuesday/Friday posting schedule, so I hope you'll check back on Tuesday!


Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday / Lindsey / Tara /

CONVERSATION

37 comments:

  1. yay I Love the new blog layout, you niece did an amazing job. Loving all these outfits as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new site design! Your niece is really talented! Next time I need a site redesign I'll have to reach out to her. Love your outfits as always, especially those patterned J Crew shorts. I ordered a similar pair yesterday that were on sale and I'm so excited to try them out! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh everything looks fabulous! and look at your pretty face on the side. hi Gina's face :) anywho, speaking of the side, I see your leggings / january outfits and i am itching to wear boots which is SO unlike me. I need new boots. they don't count as shopping, do they?
    i love that old navy necklace you are always wearing. i have been searching (online!) for a good quality affordable option to no avail.. i might actually have to brave the mall (in like 5 months). we shall see.
    off to check out your (gorgeous! in a not creepy way!) niece's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also just noticed my button on the side of your blog and had a mini heart attack. i feel so loved <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look! Your niece did such a great job, and how fun to get to work together! I love your printed black and white shorts. Those are right up my alley.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks amazing Gina! She's so talented! I see a lot of blogs moving in this direction style-wise. I may need a makeover too! I really love the fresh look. And as always, your outfits are great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog looks great, Gina! I also like seeing your face at the top. Yay! I love all outfits especially the black and white one with the J. Crew Factory shorts. I need to get another set of clip in extensions. The ones I have are shot from putting them up in buns and elastics all of the time. I may need to stop in Sally's today to see if they have something I can use. Do you know if they have a shorter lenth (I like 10")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My extensions are 14" and that was the shortest they had at the time (they're almost 2 years old now). They were longer than I wanted so I followed a YouTube tutorial to trim them, which harder than it looked and didn't turn out that great. Not terrible but not great. When I'm ready to re-purchase I will probably search a little harder for a shorter set!

      Delete
  8. Wow can I please have your closet?!? Obsessed with all your outfits! Happy Friday pretty lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blog update and your niece is gorgeous; just like her Aunt!

    Missy D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet!! Thank you Missy!

      Delete
  10. Love the new layout and both you and your niece are gorgeous. I'm going to have to check out those cascading cover-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfits!! You have amazing taste in long necklaces!
    happy weekending!
    Elda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new layout! Your niece did an amazing job! I love those black and white printed shorts!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you and I are both not shy to buy all the colors of the things we love! And the blog is looking good! It's timely to unveil the new design to coincide with your new schedule! Start fresh! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the new look - she did a great job!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the new design! Also I want to hear more about these clip-in hair extensions if you don't mind sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristi! I don't mind sharing at all! I went into more detail about the extensions (type, helpful tutorials etc.) in This Post. I also just linked to it in the post above if anyone else is wondering. Probably should have done that in the first place!!

      Delete
  16. Oooh I love your second look! Great styling!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  17. such darling looks! you have the cutest necklaces!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Love LOVE what you did with the place! :) Love the new layout, the "get to know you", everything.. kudos to your niece! Great job Gina!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend. Glad you approve!

      Delete
  20. loving the new blog design! great round up, definitely can't even pick a favorite. Love those olive shorts though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. New design!! Love it! Also love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing! xo

    http://www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute outfits! I love the white jeans with the tank!
    -Hannah
    www.sweeterthanserenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. how lucky to have someone who does graphic design! your blog looks great!! and your outfits--omg can I live in your closet??

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooooooh, i love those sam edelman sutton sanadals!!!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gina - the new design looks great! I can't believe how similar the ON necklace is to Kendra Scott - too bad they don't sell online. (Also, I have been thinking of you and remembering your family in this difficult time.)

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I truly appreciate how thoughtful you are!

      Delete
  27. I really like the new site design! It looks great. Your niece is very talented!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your new blog design looks fantastic! A fresh change is always so needed every now and then!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that your outfits are casual but you always look so put together and stylish. How fun that your niece is a graphic designer! Lucky you! I think your new design looks great. Simple and chic, just like your style. She did an awesome job. Have a great week, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love the new blog layout Gina, it's perfect. Your niece is so talented!


    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving the new look around these parts girl, awesome new layout! And I'm obsessed with those bright pink shorts, and of course the Barcelona camis :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!