7/17/15

Outfits + Catching Up

|
First, thank you all for the love and support for myself and my family on Wednesday's post. That was by far the most difficult thing I've written here and it means a lot that so many took the time to read and comment here or on Instagram. Several of my family members also read the post and your comments and truly appreciated how sincere and heartfelt they were.

Today I thought I'd take a step toward "normal" and just catch up on some unfinished business and outfit sharing. Despite my absence here I still had to get dressed and go places most days this month.

Outfit Recap:

Outfit Details:
Cami: Express "Engine Red" / Necklace: Express / Skirt: Express / Sandals: Nordstrom / Bag: Saks Off 5th / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Sage K & Co (Exact Sold Out)

Sweater: Express / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Purple Peridot / Bag: Amazon

Top: Express (Exact but my color sold out. Similar top & color at LOFT) / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Bag: Express (Similar) / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Purple Peridot / Shoes: Forever 21 (Similar)

Top: Express / Shorts: J. Crew Factory / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Sandals: Sam Edelman / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express


Closet Fix Update
In my last "regular" post I was midway through my 21 Day Closet Fix with Skye. Needless to say, I didn't have any trouble making it through the rest of the challenge because I had a lot more important things to worry about in life (here) than how many summer tops I own. Nothing like a tragedy to give you some perspective, I suppose.

That said, I was happy with the way it made me look at my closet and feel like I have a lot to wear. I think I'll try to do it at least once a season to keep my closet and spending in check.

Skye also made it to the end of the challenge without buying any new tops (no Kendra Scott necklace for me!), but she didn't feel as good about it as I did in the end. I don't want to paraphrase her words because it just won't have the same ring to it, so I'll let you read her text response to me below from our follow-up chat this week:


Looks like I'll be looking for a new accountability partner if I try this again next season!

* * *
Thanks again for your support and patience as I ease my way back into blogging and work on a new schedule. I do expect to have a couple of posts to share next week so I hope you'll follow on Bloglovin' (link below) for updates or just check back here on the daily!

Shop the Post:






Linking up with:
Lindsey / Tara / Bri

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. love all these,specially the skirt one. Skye is too funny, yea the timing for this was off. Everyone and their mother was having a sale.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you will have to pick a month that doesn't have any big sales! The outfit with the red cami and black skirt is so cute! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great as always, and I hope that getting back in the swing of things will help your life go back to normal. Thanks again for sharing such personal news and updates with your readers..it really means a lot :)

    By the way, if you're looking for a new challenge partner/group, I'M IN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red white and blue! This is clearly a holiday month post. Congrats on making it through your challenge!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you post! Best wishes figuring out your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you see you back, girl! I'm in with the Challenge, too! I like doing it in January after all the Christmas spending! LOL! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back! I haven't read Wednesday's post yet, but I will. Love your red and black outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know I will be your accountability partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to have you back. I don't think I could do a style challenge with so much at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's kind of refreshing to see Skye's final thoughts - it makes me not feel so weak and superficial about my remix fix thoughts! And it's also refreshing to see your outfits again. I need to wear my ruched skirt with a barcelona cami, stat!! Love it with the solid red!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!