7/28/15

Astrology Style: Leo

|
Every month I analyze the style traits of one sign of the Zodiac for my Astrology Style Series and we are currently in Leo Season (July 23-August 22) so it's time for some Leo Style analysis. I wanted to make sure this post was seasonally appropriate, so I set out to examine only the summer outfits of some famous Leo women like these:

Jennifer Lopez (July 24, 1969) / Kate Beckinsale (July 26, 1963 - more on her style here)/ Charlize Theron (August 7, 1975) / Kylie Jenner (August 10, 1997) / Halle Berry (August 14, 1966) /
Jennifer Lawrence (August 15, 1990)

After scouring Pinterest, I found there was one summer item Leo women love that you've seen me wear plenty of times, the denim short:
Top: Express (My color sold out, similar color at Bloomingdale's) / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Shoes: Steve Madden / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Necklace: Kohl's / Sunglasses: Firmoo / Nails: Essie "Blanc"

But I'm not a Leo (Aquarius, in case you forgot!), so let's get back to the Leo ladies and see how they wear their jean shorts. For the most part they keep it very relaxed and casual:

Of all the Leo ladies my personal favorite jean short aficionado is Halle Berry. Even when she's ultra-casual, she always adds a little something like a fun bag or hat that makes the outfit look intentional rather than just thrown together:
Link to Original Pin: One / Two / Three / Four

I've been dressing my jean shorts up and down pretty much all year round here because they're a San Diego style staple as much a Leo style staple!
ONE: Top: Express (My color sold out, similar color at Bloomingdale's) / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Shoes: Steve Madden / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Express / Necklace: Kohl's

TWO: Sweater: Express / Shorts: Target (Similar) / Watch: Macy's (Old) / Necklace: Old Navy (Old) / Shorts: Target (Similar) / Shoes: Nordstrom

THREE: Top: Express / Necklace: ExpressShorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Shoes: Vince Camuto "Luciah" (Similar) / Bracelet: Express (Similar) / Belt: Gap

FOUR: Tee: Target / Shorts: Target (Similar) / Watch: Fossil Shoes: Nordstrom

If you're wondering about the style traits for your own sign, you can check out the last post about it here:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / CancerLeo / Virgo / Libra / 
Scorpio / Sagittarius / Capricorn / Aquarius / Pisces

And as always, I look forward to hearing from those who fall under this sign on whether or not you relate to the signature style of your sign-mates!


Shop the Post:



Linking up with:

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Hallie is my fave, her style is so effortless. She kills it every time. I really have a love/hate relationship with shorts, I can't never find the perfect pair.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a libra, and can't wait to click the link after this comment. what a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single one of those pairs of denim shorts! I have been wearing all of mine on repeat, they are just too easy to style this summer!
    -Hannah
    www.sweeterthanserenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a virgo! Id love your take on our style! Loving the denim shorts - that better make the virgo style list because I love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits! I really need a new pair of jean shorts..I have two pairs right now. One is huge and they always fall off me, and the other are a bit too short for me to feel comfortable. I love the ones you have so I'll have to check out Old Navy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with those shorts! I can't believe they are from Old Navy! They've really stepped up their game this year and it seems like all the cute pieces are from them!

    I'm a Leo so thanks for the tips!

    Cynthia
    Darling Down South
    Find me at : instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halle Berry's style is so fabulous. Casual, but put together. I wish I could wear shorts more often, but I still haven't found a pair I like enough to wear, and most of the time when it's hot enough to wear shorts, we go somewhere that is going to have the AC cranked so I wear jeans. Life is hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cute outfits with your denim cutoffs. My one and only pair has gotten real bug on me. I will be in US next weekend and hope to buy a couple of new pairs. =)

    Love the new, clean look of your blog. The B+W Logo is so modern and fresh!

    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a Leo and have only found my perfect fit denim shorts and have been wearing them every chance I get.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pink tank top - it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are the queen of denim Gina! I would be too if I had you gams :) I love Leos. My mom is one and although we are opposites, I really appreciate their outgoing personality and strength. Love seeing your new blog design too btw! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those denim shorts look great on you! Love Halle Berry's style - she always looks so effortlessly put together!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. Halle does the denim short like no other! You are are so good at it too! Maybe you should be a Leo? :)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my denim shorts and wear them all of the time. You really can dress them up or down. Halle Berry has the best street style. She looks so good and age appropriate too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yesssss! Leo ladies are the best... if I do say so myself ;)

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you are not a Leo, but I am thinking your style beats out all the other ladies on here. You just look so much more polished and fresh! I cannot say this enough, pink is your color. You look gorgeous in it in any shade!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too much, Denise. Thank you!

      Delete
  17. You are definitely rocking your "Leo" style... Fantastic.

    --Samantha

    http://www.BesosFromAmerica.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. They all put their own spin on denim shorts! I love the looks you put together, especially the first one on the left. You have killer legs! Would you be able to share your fitness routine? (:

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice compliment! I have previously done a couple of posts about my workout routine - you can find them here and
      here. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  19. Love that outfit with the pink top and SM shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun post! I'll have to look back to see what you said about Cancers!

    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg I almost missed my own sign!!!! I love my shorts but I don't feel like I've worn them near as much as I did last summer because of all the rain and disgustingness I haven't got to enjoy the outdoors as much! But I will definitely say that I could not live without mine. So good feature! Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!