6/10/15

What's Trending This Week: Mixed Metals

|
Whoever decided to make mixed metals a trend is pretty much my favorite person in the fashion business right now. I love that I don't have to worry about whether my bracelets match the buckles on my shoes and the buttons on my shirt and the hardware on my handbag. This week's feature item, the  Geometric Cut Out Pendant incorporates the mixed metal trend and I am reaching for it a lot lately:

Cardigan: Express / Cami: ExpressJeans: ExpressShoes: Sole SocietyNecklace: Express

Here's a front view of the previous outfit, along with several other outfits I've worn with this necklace:

TWO: Tee: Target "Olive" / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express + Sage K & Co / Sandals: Target / Crossbody Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Good as Gold"

THREE: Cami: Express "Tile Blue" / Sweater: Express (Similar) / White Cropped Skinnies: Express / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (Similar)

FOUR: Jacket: LOFT / Tee: Old NavyJeans: Express / Shoes: Sole Society

I have to give "credit" to @erinerinhartman on Instagram for getting me to purchase this necklace, and luckily she has given me plenty of outfit ideas for it too:

Two more of my friends have purchased this recently, and I love seeing them put it to good use too:

Rachelle worked her necklace into an office-friendly outfit:
As shared on Instagram

And last but not least, I promised Kristen that if she got this necklace she would not regret it, and I think the fact that she included it in several outfits of her European packing plan outfits would indicate that I'm right, right? 

It doesn't seem like there are many trends that make life easier, but this one does because it goes with everything. If you only have room in the budget for one necklace this spring and summer, this one gets my vote!

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy /
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. This necklace is so pretty, thanks for putting it on my radar.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all these. Just love when you do these pieces!!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    CS Gems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace! I got one a few months ago from Madewell (this one: https://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/JEWELRY/necklaces/PRDOVR~C3707/C3707.jsp) and I wear it with absolutely everything. I love necklaces like that! No thinking necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely necklace! Nice to see some of the different ways you and others have worn it :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to get this because that's what I loved about the chevron necklace so much but I have managed to lose it. Poof! No heck idea where it is at. :( But this is a great solution!! Thanks for the rec!!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the necklace is chevron shaped and mixed metal! It goes with everything!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. you were right!! and you are very dangerous to my bank account. hahaha. i do love the mixed metal though, so fun. i always worried about which metal looked good on me, and this takes the worry out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in my defense, you know I have talked you out of a few purchases, too. So I'm not all bad!

      Delete
  8. I love mixing metals together! That necklace goes with so much!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been tempted by it too! The last time I was in express, one was hanging on a mannequin and it looked so cute. I'm loving simple pendants and little dainty necklaces. I think I'm over statement necklaces until fall. Summer is for simplicity:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that necklace - you can really wear it with everything!!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the navy white and grey look! Such a chic and classic combination!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a huge fan of mixed metal and have been most of my life. I even asked my husband for a watch with both so I could wear with gold or silver. Express does have really great jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mixed metals. I just ordered a MK two tone watch (as part of their price-matching deal) and they sent me the wrong one (white leather) - oops! Hopefully, the right one will come soon because I can't wait to wear it - my gold one has seen better days.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great necklace and so versatile, it adds a nice touch to all of your looks! I love mixed metal too. Hope you are having a great week Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the necklace and will be adding it on my list to get. Such a shame, I just visited Express last week.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that mixed metals are so much easier for dressing than sticking with one metal. Love that necklace on you!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loveeee mixed metals! I have been doing it with my bracelets lately and I have become quite partial to mixing them! I love how you showed mixed metals with so many different looks. You are so darn good with variety! Can't wait to see more!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay it's the necklace that I love! And worn in so many different ways, I love it the most with the black skirt and olive tee as well as the blue cami! Gorge!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been suuuuuuper into gold hardware + jewelry for ages now, but I'm loving the mixed metal trend because it allows me to show the silver pieces a little love. :)

    Happy almost-weekend, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love mixing metals too and most of the time my jewelry is mixes of gold and silver with a little bit more gold, cause I like gold a bit more. These are all great looks, I especially love the first outfit with the white cardigan.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!