5/27/15

What's Trending

|
Today I'm kicking off a new blog series for the summer and beyond, inspired by the Outfit Chain post from last week. Each week I'll share a specific item or look that's trending and as much additional outfit inspiration as I can gather for it!

This week, it's all about the black and white striped Barcelona Cami. I've worn mine a couple of times as shared in these recent outfits:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Necklace: Old Navy / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target / Sunglasses: Forever 21 / Watch: Fossil / Nails: Essie "Find Me an Oasis"

CamiExpress / Necklace: Old Navy / Shorts: J. Crew Factory / Shoes: Target / Bag: Target / Watch: Fossil / Bracelets: Nordstom & Express / Nails: Essie "Nothing Else Metals"


Rachelle has this exact cami and dressed hers down in this post with with a denim jacket and Converse (and convinced me that I need to try mine with white skinnies next!):

Skye also has the exact cami and dressed hers up here with a black boyfriend blazer and wedge heel sandals:

And here's a  final look at all four of our outfits with the Striped Barcelona Cami:

If my first outfit looks similar to Skye's, it's not by accident. She inspired my first look, and now we're back on the chain gang with another Outfit Chain (like out first one) running on Instagram:
Starting with Skye on the left, the outfit chain passed clockwise to me, Carylee, Kellie, and Tatiana!

And after I put this post together I had one more person tag me with their outfit so naturally I wanted to include it today! Here's how Carolina (@dressedin_love) kept the chain going:

For specific details on what any of these ladies are wearing please check in with them on Instagram! If you decide to keep the chain going with your interpretation of this look, make sure to tag at least one of us and use #IGOutfitChain so we can see your version!

Thanks for reading and I'll be back on Friday with an outfit recap and some favorites this week, but before you go, the Canon Rebel + Kate Spade Giveaway is ending soon so don't forget to enter HERE

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Shay & Mel / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy /
 ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday/

CONVERSATION

29 comments:

  1. I actually wore mine with black skinnies but didn't take pics, bad blogger :/ But really this is one of my favorite camis ever!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun and I need to participate now. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a fun series! Loved the striped cami!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you do these! It's so great seeing the same piece styled by people with different styles and body types. I have a similar cami from J Crew and now I have lots of ideas on how to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!

    Allie
    www.chroniclesofallie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I disclosed this info, but I did get the striped Barcelona also! It should be in my hands any second! I realized I only have that one striped tank. I normally prefer my stripes to be farther apart because it seems more versatile to me that way, but, I think this one is still workable in a lot of ways. Clearly!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So versatile - I love it!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a versatile piece! Love how it looks with the pink necklace!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the striped barcelona cami.. it is so cute.. i want it.. but i already have like 17 striped tops, so it's probably not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great series! I love getting to see how everyone styled their stripes, a staple in my wardrobe.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stripes are seriously so classic, they go with everything!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! So fun playing along :) Do you watch the Bachelorette? Pretty certain she was wearing a red Barcelona cami last night !! Lol! XOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! No, I don't watch it but I might have to catch a rerun to see!

      Delete
  13. Love stripes they are so fun, and add so much to an outfit!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny Gina! I think I saw a blogger I follow wearing a similar combination, but really it's everyone that's wearing this combo! It's such an effortless look. But there's something so cute about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I think it's just a classic look!

      Delete
  15. What a fun new series Gina and I'm loving the striped cami!! It's such a classic and so easily styled, both ways you styled it is adorable!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit chain idea! Stripe tops are always so chic & everyone looks great!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was going to buy this cami too, it really is popular.

    Mimi & Chichi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so love this idea Gina, especially the Outfit Chain! Stripes is the perfect look to start off with! I didn't notice this particular striped cami before, thanks for sharing!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this series. yes, the striped cami is a hot item right now and I love how all of you wore it!

    http://chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know how much I love the Barcelona Cami, but I am loving the striped cami even more <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Need this striped cami, for sure! So versatile! :) And I can never say no to stripes, like ever.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Need the striped cami ASAP. The express cami are just so versatile that you honestly can't go wrong with them.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that barcelona cami and how you styled it. It looks great! I have yet to get a barcelona cami but the more I see them, the more I'm thinking it's a staple.

    I'm hosting my Friday Favorites link-up tomorrow. Don't forget to join in!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are making me want to buy this cami which is such a great closet staple.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the black and white trend! It's so chic and fun!
    -Hannah
    www.sweeterthanserenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the big feature! I need to remember to pull this cami out for Disney!!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cami on everyone! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday! Hope you're having a fab weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!