5/22/15

Outfits on the Daily + Sale Favorites

|
Happy Friday! It's official! There is a storewide 40% off sale at Express for Memorial Day Weekend! I have my usual outfit recap (since 90% of what I'm wearing is from Express) plus several of my other current favorites for those who like to take advantage of rock-bottom prices.

Outfit Recap:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Shoes: Target / Bag: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Forever 21 (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Cami: ExpressSweater: Express (Similar) / White Cropped Skinnies: Express / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Sole Society (SimilarBag: Forever 21 / Nails: Essie "Find Me an Oasis"


Jacket: LOFT / Necklace: ExpressTee: Old Navy (My color sold out online, Similar Color) / Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Sandals: Nordstrom / Sunglasses: Nordstrom / Watch: FossilNails: Essie "Find Me an Oasis"


Jacket: ExpressCami: ExpressNecklace: Old Navy / Jeans: ExpressShoes: Target / Sunglasses: Forever 21 / Watch: Fossil  / Nails: Essie "Find Me an Oasis"

Front View:

My Current Express Favorites: 

Tops:
I feel like a broken record to keep talking about Portofino Shirts and Barcelona Camis every time I do a favorites list. But they are my wardrobe staples and I still love them after all this time so I can't leave them off the list! I'm wearing the Barcelona cami in three outfits above, so I won't repeat that one again, but here are some of my past outfits with Portofino Shirts:

View all Portofino Shirts Here

(If you're having a hard time deciding which color Portofino to get, I recommend checking out these two posts: Portofino Color options and Black White StripesThere are dozens of outfit ideas in those posts to look through and see which color fits your current wardrobe best!)

If you like the look of a Barcelona Cami but want something with a little more coverage or something that doesn't require a strapless bra, I recommend the Silky V Neck Tee. It comes in multiple colors and gives a similar look to a Barcelona Cami when layered under sweaters and jackets.

Pants:
I picked three pair of wardrobe staple pants plus one more "trendy" pair for this category. All except the olive cargo pants come in three different lengths.

Jackets:
Here are my top two favorite jackets recently, both are great for spring and summer weather.

Jewelry:
I featured two of my current necklace favorites in outfits above (the Long Metal Bar Pendant and the Mixed Metal Geometric Necklace), and the third one on repeat lately is this Chevron Fringe Necklace:


Wishlist:
Some of my friends have asked what I might get if there's a sale, and right now this Marled Cascading Cover Up is high on my list. I tried on the Green version in store, and although it looks very dark in the fitting room lighting, it's a gorgeous, rich olive green in person.

It comes in four colors and is a nice lightweight material. I think it will be a goodspring and summer alternative to my warmer cardigans shown above. Plus, I've already pinned a couple of outfit options for the neutral version like these:


* * *

Well congrats if you made it through all of that! I obviously have an easier time editing my friends' list of favorites than my own! (And if you missed their lists you can find them here and here! Lots of other great stuff that I don't even own...yet.) Enjoy the long weekend and I hope you get everything on your wishlist!

P.S. Don't forget to enter the Canon Rebel + Kate Spade Giveaway HERE!

Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion FridayKatie / Rachelle & Charnele / Katie / Erin & Laura
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy / ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday

CONVERSATION

30 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to get my stuff today, will report back on what I got later :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! I am definitely getting the cover up in a couple of colors. I forgot to mention I'll probably browse the jewelry section for some goods as well!

      Delete
  2. Now you know if you printed a 400 page novel, I would not move from my place and read every bit of it. This was the perfect post. You had outfits galore and that is what I love. Question...but you will have to text me the answer since I won't be around to read your response...under the pants category - the mid rise skinnies - you are wearing a white button up that you tied at the bottom...is this the linen shirt from Express? If so, I must have it...but please text me...haha. I love everything about this post and you!!!!! ~xo Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will text you but for anyone wondering the same thing who is not on my text list, I'll answer here as well. :) Yes, with the mid-rise jeans the white shirt from Express can be found HERE .

      Delete
  3. Love all your posts!!! I'm curious as to the Barcelona Cami, do you tuck the back into your jeans or let it hang naturally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marla! With a Barcelona cami I never tuck it in the back...I always let it hang. Occasionally I will do a front tuck, but not often. I have seen Noelle (www.beautygirl24.com) and Rachelle (pinksole.com) tuck their camis into skirts and that works really well for them! But I don't wear skirts much at all so I haven't tried it.

      Delete
  4. "If you're having trouble deciding on a color "... Me?!? Never!! Lol! So happy with the pink !! Got some many compliments last night :) Love the white and what to do about the see thru/cami situation?!? Help! In the meantime I'll go and get the coral one too... Thanks sooooo much for introducing me to these shirt!! I'm seriously in love! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's not just you! Several people have asked which color to get first! I don't think there's a universal answer for it! (And eventually you need ALL the colors anyway, haha!) And for Portofinos that need a cami I like THESE (for $4.00!). They come in a bunch of colors and are v neck so they stay hidden under the v neck/notch neck of the Portofino.

      Delete
    2. Done! Stopped by ON today and they are $3! Hello! BTW, i also tried on the Barcelona camis too..omg...LOVE! Don't even make me decide on the colors for those!!! I'll be adding some to start my collection SOON! ~ XO

      Delete
  5. I really like those silky tee shirts. I've never seen those before. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really never purchased anything from Express but this makes me want to go! I really love the moto jackets and that hot pink cross body!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your front views. So many sales this weekend! I love that Express always does v-necks. I feel like they are so flattering. Looks like that sweater would be a great buy, very versatile.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cascading cover up is so cute! I can see myself getting a lot of use out of that. Especially since the a/c is always blasting this time of year! haha

    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that hot pink bag in the first pic! It instantly caught my eye! <3

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfits, especially your sunnies! Mirrored ones are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm going to get another knot front tee in white. And maybe try their jeans again? So unsure! But I love your outfits, and am so happy you did these posts this week to get us all prepped!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for the sale - I found a couple things I wanted in the store the other day - and I was waiting to buy them! Have a great weekend!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously have already started shopping the sale! I have so much stuff in my bag right now. That silky v-neck shirt, do you own one? I have been contemplating buying one but was unsure of the fit! I love that lightweight cardi and you have totally sold me on it! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own the silky v neck. I tried it on in This Post and decided not to get it because it would serve the same layering purpose for me as a Barcelona Cami and I don't have enough room in my closet for both! But since the cami did not work for you and fit you right I think this would be a really good option to try! :)

      Delete
  14. I've already started begging my husband to take me to the sale today haha! There are so many things that I really want. I love that 3rd outfit with the peach top and leopard sandals. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeeek!! It's so hard not to shop right now. Jenna and I are supposed to shop in person tomorrow so I'm trying not to order anything before then. THE STRUGGLE.
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. so I put everything I wanted in my cart and it was like $200 and i thought, i don't really feel like getting divorced right now, lol. i am going to swing by the mall on the way home and hope they have the 2 necklaces i decided on.. and that is all i am getting! lets see if i stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning looks! I love the peep toe booties and the textured moto jacket- in both colors! Gorgeous!

    Have a great MDW!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfits are really beautiful. Love the use of necklaces. So cool!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't checked out Express recently but I love all the striped tops! Especially the portofino striped blouse!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  20. You read my mind because I am definitely having a hard time deciding on which portofino to get , I keep putting stuff in my cart and switching them out and then not buying them. I so need help making a decision LOL Thank for this post !

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stumbled across your IG and fell in LOVE. All the looks are so good! I love the fringed necklace!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad to hear you found me through IG! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  22. You always choose the perfect jewelry, especially necklaces. I was going to stop in Express today but I am pooped from our soccer tournament the past few days. I will probably just shop on-line.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!