5/15/15

Outfits on the Daily 5/15/15

|
Is there anyone like me who loves really repetitive dates like today? 5/15/15. I always love writing the date on days like this. No? That's weird? Okay then, let's just get on with the outfit recap and Friday Favorites!

Outfit Recap:


Cami: Express (Gray) / Blazer: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Aldo "Grumney"  (Similar) / Bracelet: Express (Similar) / Bag: Forever 21 (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Flowerista"

Top: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Watch: FossilBag: Forever 21 /  Shoes: Calvin Klein "Dolly" (Similar) / Nails: Essie "Blanc"

Shirt: ExpressNecklace: Charlotte Russe (Similar) / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Belt: Target / Shoes: Sole Society / Bracelet: Express (Similar)/ Nails: Essie "Flowerista"


Top: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Necklace: CCO (Similar) / Bracelet: Stella & Dot "Portia" / Bag: Express (Similar) / Shoes: TargetNails: Essie "Blanc"

Front View:


American Idol:

I watched the first eight seasons of American Idol pretty consistently, then lost interest after Season 8 (Adam Lambert was robbed!). Then I decided to watch off and on when they added Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick, Jr. and Keith Urban as judges. I watched the final episodes this season and I got the eerie feeling that the wardrobe department has been reading my blog.

For example, here's what (Spoiler ahead!!) Nick Fradiani (the now winner) wore to perform his last song in the final round, vs. the outfit I posted two weeks ago:
Jacket: Loft / Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Black Skinnies: Express / Shoes: Sole Society / 

Olive military jacket, grey tee, black skinnies, statement necklace? I wore it first. Just sayin.' (Center image from US Magazine since it's quite tricky to get a decent full body outfit shot from TV!)

On the finale, the male contestants performed a song with Ricky Martin, and it seemed like they also consulted my post about the Top Three Grey Jeans Outfits before putting this look together:
Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Jeans: Express / Necklace: Forever 21 / Shoes: Sole Society

I'm flattered, Idol people! Call me if you need help for next season! (It's the last season EVER!) I also just thought it was interesting to see the concept brought to life again (from Monday's post) of how certain basic formulas work across gender lines. I didn't have a strong preference for any contestant this year, but based on outfits alone I think America got it right.

Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday. I have no idea what I'll be posting about on Monday (as Simon Cowell would say back in the day, "Just being honest!"), but I have the whole weekend to figure it out!




Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion FridayKatie / Rachelle & Charnele / Katie / Erin & Laura
Alison Lindsey / Tara / Jill & Carly / Alice /  Dawn Lucy / ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday

CONVERSATION

34 comments:

  1. love all the outfits! so chic and stylish!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the outfits! Glad to see I am not the only one living in skinny jeans still! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink shirt outfit is my favorite, I just love the necklace you wore with it. I stopped watching American Idol after probably season 3 but yea they are for sure checked out your blog.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! You should style the contestants for the final season next year! Have a great weekend Gina!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha yes i love repetitive dates as well, and American Idol totally stole your outfits ;) I never watched it (couldn't at home anyway) or the Australian version to be honest. I always meant to check it out recently because I kinda dig Harry Connick Jr. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also obsessed with dates that are the same backward and forward...like today 5/15/15 (and all other dates this week!) LOL! Weird! I'm on the waitlist for the cage sandals! They better come in SOON!!! Have a GREAT weekend, my dear! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't even realize the date was the same backwards/forwards. DOUBLE WIN!! And argh!! I hope they restock soon too because I kept linking to them without checking inventory. Sorry everyone!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Gina,

    I found you via the Fashion should be fun linkup and just wanted to say Hi and that I really like your style.

    Have a stunning day
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Wendy and for leaving such a nice comment! I really appreciate your kinds words. :)
      Gina

      Delete
  8. Oh man, I kind of dislike Adam Lambert with a passion! Ha! I dunno why. When he comes on the radio, I need to change it before he starts singing. But in other news! I was too lazy to see what necklace you wore with the pink portofino outfit and now I'm regretting not doing a longer one!! Oh well! That one is my favorite this week whether you agree to take credit for it or not! ;)
    http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You obviously have your finger on the pulse of what's hot my friend! Love all of your daily looks! The pink and leopard combo is my fave! You look great!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched AI this season (first time in a while) and Jax was my favorite. I think she deserved to win so I'm still a little bitter. The fashion dept definitely stole your outfits, but you wore it better ;) By the way, I'm heading to the mall this weekend and will definitely be stopping at Express! I never shop there but you've opened my eyes to the possibilities! I bought the minus the leather jacket a few weeks ago and I'm OBSESSED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me SO happy! And yes, Jax was really amazing too. I think she just picked some poor song choices along the way and tried a little too hard to be different sometimes and America didn't connect with that. The WORST was the way they unceremoniously kicked her off right before the finale!! WHAT THE HECK?!?!

      Delete
  11. Hahaha I love the Idol comparisons! I've gotta get my hands on some of those linen shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all you accessories in these looks! You rock the white jeans so well. Only you would realize the idol connection and turn it into a hysterical blog post. That's why I love you Gina.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that necklace in the first photo and that berry nail polish! I am really into painting my fingernails lately. And that pink with the leopard is so pretty! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny about American Idol! Can't believe the next season is the last! I don't think I've tuned in since sesaon 3 haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems as if you are as big of a fan of blouses as I am!

    Happy Friday!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    Can you please tell me what color code that pink portofino is!?
    I love the brightness!!! Can't find it in stores!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! I bought that blouse in store last spring. So unfortunately I don't have a color name for it because they don't put that on the tag! ( I so wish they would change that!) it looks most similar to Radiant Rose on the website right now, so I would order that. But I cannot state for certain whether it is the exact color or similar. :/ sorry I can't be of more help than that!!
      Gina

      Delete
  17. All of your outfits always look so cute! I am also partial to the hot pink ( i just got that one!) with the gold necklace. Enjoy your weekend :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot take my eyes off of your pink top outfit...its just about as gorgeous as it can get!! Have agreat weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! That was inspired by the lovely @tatisbonilla as featured in This Post!

      Delete
  19. You know I'm in love with the third outfit! I want to recreate it head to toe! It's so chic Gina. I really like the flats too. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. k you're the cutest! and PLEASE tell me you bought the necklace in your last pic semi recently? I have been looking for a cute teal necklace for FOREVER but they're either ugly or a million dollars. I love the one you have on!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so sorry! It is from Forever 21 about 1-2 years ago. I usually link to a similar one at Nordstrom and it's $18. Not as cheap as mine but the closest I could find. :/

      Delete
  21. Love these outfits!! I especially love that hot pink top with the leopard shoes and gold arrow necklace!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great week of looks - all are so cute. And I hadn't even paid attention to the date being 51515, LOL, thanks for pointing it out. It was indeed fun to type right there. ;)

    www.everydaystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the looks but my favorite has to be the pink with the leopard. Very nice. As for the date...as I was inputing a ticket at my job, I said today date is so perfect in every way. Have a great weekend Gina.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that cool gold statement necklace! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday & have a fun weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your outfits here! I'm so glad that Nick won AI, he was one of my favorites! Enjoy your weekend!!

    xo. A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love when you recreate looks from famous males, you rock them so well! Girl you have given so much great inspiration on how to rock out a pair of jeans and make it looks chic and posh! I was at Express the other day looking for a particular cami and was bummed to see their selection was soooo small. I may need to go online and see if I can find the color I was looking for.

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, these are so great! Can I just steal all your clothes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!