5/24/15

Gemini Style

|
Every month I create an outfit inspired by the Astrological sign of the month for my Astrology Style Series and we are currently in Gemini Season (May 21 - June 21). I'm working a little backwards this month since I already shared my Gemini-inspired outfit on Instagram, but once I tried it on for the post that day I didn't want to change it!
Cover Up: Express / Cami: Express / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) Pants: Express / Necklace: Express / Caged Sandals: Target


Gemini Outfit Inspiration:
My outfit inspiration came from this Ashley Olsen (born June 14, 1986) look, and it was an easy choice because it let me me to put my latest sale purchase right to work with my wardrobe staples. The weather required pants yesterday, and luckily that worked just as well as the shorts.
Cover Up: Express / Cami: Express / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Pants: Express / Necklace: Express / Leopard Sandals: Nordstrom / Caged Sandals: Target

It's too bad the Olsen twins have decided not to participate in the upcoming "Fuller House" TV show (story here), but I can't say I'm surprised since they don't really seem like the sitcom type these days, do they?


Signature Gemini Style Outfits: 
In browsing through outfits of some famous Gemini women, it was obvious that All Black Everything is the signature Gemini look, as shown on Angelina Jolie (June 4, 1975) and again on the Olsen twins.
Gemini Style, Angelina Jolie all black outfits


That's not a look I can really pull off so I was glad I found Ashley's neutral outfit, but they all do it really well whether they're dressing it up or down! I also found it interesting that they have the exact opposite signature look of Leo women who favor All White Everything (posted here). I don't know what that really means but I report, you decide!

If you're wondering about the style traits for your sign, you can check out the most recent post here:

Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra / 
Scorpio / Sagittarius / Capricorn / Aquarius / Pisces

In other news, the Express Memorial Day 40% off sale ends tonight, so if you want some tried-and-tested favorites, check out these posts for recommendations:

My Favorites
Blogger Favorites
Instagrammer Favorites

And last of all, don't forget to enter the Canon Rebel + Kate Spade Giveaway HERE

Linking up with:
Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday (any topic is fine!)

Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express, and thanks for linking up!

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. That is funny! But I would definitely choose to do all black before I went with all white! Hmm.
    The cardigan was a good sale purchase also! I can't wait for my other goodies to arrive!!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cardigan and your outfit recreation! This is definitely an outfit I want to recreate too! Hope you are having a fabulous long weekend!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new waterfall cardi is fantastic...and it does look great with both shorts and pants! And I do love an occasional all-black outfit so I'll use these for future inspo. Sale ends tonight...I've been busy all weekend with a huge shoe storage project, but I think I'll try and hit the outlet store really "quick" today :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the olive shorts and sweater! What a bummer the Olsen twins aren't going to do the Full House remake :(

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ashley's relaxed boho style & La Jolie's edgy looks all the time!!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Angelina Jolie's style. She is the only one who can pull an all-black outfit off so well. Love the Olsen's sisters edgy style too! Great inspo :) I hope you are having a great holiday!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge fan of all black either. It doesn't suit me, I don't think. I used to be obSESSED with the Olsen twins, no lie. It was a bit sad, actually. Like, we are leaving for Europe on the 14th and when I booked it, KC was like 'that's the day after Tim's wedding' and I said 'and the Olsen twins birthday' lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about style icons! I love the Olsens and Angelina. I didn't know they weren't don't the Full House thing. That's kind of sad. I love a good all black look and I am confident you could totally pull it off. I'm surprised you don't like it since we both tend toward less girly looks. Hope you have a great Memorial Day!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh. I love that cover up! I don't really like all black on me. I always have to add a little bit of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lurve that waterfall cardigan! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a gemini, but I'm loving those looks!! Hope you've had a good weekend!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the all black everything look, if I lived in a place like New York I'm sure I would do it more often. In South Florida my coworkers would probably ask me if I'm mourning lol. I love Ashley's style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love how you find inspiration from so many different areas and ideas. You are truly gifted! I love that cardigan and I am waiting to receive it in the mail!! I love the color combination here. Hope you had such a lovely weekend.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome idea! I really like the idea to get inspired by other looks. You can take the parts you really like and mix in a little of your own style. ^^

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  15. You find the best stuff at Express! :) I love the tan sweater and olive colored pants!

    XO, Jaime
    RegallySoled.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angelina sure loves her black! But loving the first outfit on Ashley - cozy and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that you're featuring looks for a zodiac sign! I love horoscopes! I love all of Ashley Olsen's looks! I might be biased since I was such a fan of those twins as a kid!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all black looks - they are so sophisticated and stylish!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to love all black looks but I find myself slowing moving away from that look. Really like that cardigan you're wearing. Neutral palettes always work. Hope you had a good holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! As a Gemini myself I can totally relate to the all black everything. I'm wearing it again today on my blog post! That pantsuit on Angelina is sick!! I covet hard. Thanks for the linkup!

    l,
    Vicky
    www.themummychronicles.com
    Come link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting with the Gemini and all black. Love the color pairing with the tan, white and army green. Very nice.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!