3/25/15

Lifeless Outfits: Three for Spring

|
I think I'm going to have to re-name this series soon to make it more Google friendly. So far zero people have Googled "lifeless outfits" and ended up here. But some people are curious about how Polyvore sets and Flatlays look on a real person, and that's what I test out in this monthly series. This month, I put three outfits that looked just right for Spring to the real-life test.

1. Travel Style

First up, Spring leads to Spring Break, which means lots of us will be traveling. When I found this pin labeled "Travel Outfit," maybe it was the power of suggestion but I agreed that it looked like a good comfy-but-not-frumpy outfit for trekking through an airport or sitting in the car. I decided to try it with both a cardigan as suggested and a moto jacket:


Moto Jacket: Gap / Cardigan: Express (Similar) / White tee: Old Navy / Black Loafers: Sole Society (Another Budget Option - I have these in white) / Leggings: Express / Necklace: Old Navy

Verdict: I liked this outfit with both the cardigan and jacket, but my tee shirt is really too short to be wearing with leggings (you would probably agree if I gave you the back view here!). I could substitute black skinnies, but the leggings-for-comfort are kind of the point here. I also have a tank top that's long enough, but I want something that works on its own without an outer layer if I get warm, and the tank doesn't look very good that way. I'm still searching for the perfect tunic length, relaxed-but-fitted white tee to go with leggings before I can make this outfit an option for real life.

2. Spring Training

Even if you're not a baseball fan (like me) it's hard to escape America's favorite pastime during Spring. But I am a fan of the classic baseball tee, and these simple pairings with sneakers (from this pinlooked cute easy.

Baseball Tee: Forever 21 / Converse: Nordstrom / Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Necklace: Old Navy / Jeans: Express

Verdict: I tried this with shorts and pants since it's not always warm enough to wear shorts in the Spring. That said, I preferred the look of shorts version. It was a home run outfit for me.


3. Spring Simplicity 

This outfit doesn't really scream spring to me in an overt way, but details like cropped white skinnies leopard sandals are probably not going to work in fall and winter weather, so I guess it's Spring by default.



Black Top:
Express (Similar) / White Cropped Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Sandals: Sam Edelman Sutton

Verdict: I loved this outfit and ended up just leaving it on and wearing it the day I tried it on for this post.

And about these sandals: they are probably the complimented pair of shoes I've ever owned.  Carylee made me get them about a year ago and they have long since sold out. (The sandals in the original pin are the J. Crew Collection Lillian Wedge. Those are also sold out, although you can find them on eBay for $100+.)

I have been using the sandal on the far left as my "Similar" option but I grabbed a couple of leopard sandal options for comparison:

Leopard Sandals Options



So my final tally for today was two outfits gained, one for the "Needs Work" file. And I hope you all got some new ideas for styling things in your closet, too!

Shop the Post:






Enter the $400 Target Giveaway HERE 

Linking up with:
Alison Lindsey / Grace, Elizabeth, BrennaTara / Jill & Carly / Alice 

CONVERSATION

36 comments:

  1. They all look good IRL, I love the last 2 the most. I have a thing for baseball tees and leopard sandals.


    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are so cute and perfect for travel! The leggings, cardigan and flats is my favorite!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, you crack me up with the googling lifeless outfits. I love them all, but especially the last one with the black and white and leopard. You know I love all three of those. :)

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baseball Ts remind me of my high school year. I think they look retro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they do have kind of a retro-vintage feel, but also All-American classic I think!

      Delete
  5. This is a great series. I hear you about trying to find that perfect white tee or tank that looks fitted, but still covers the behind. The outfit does look great from the front--love that moto jacket. But, I really like that last outfit--glad you kept it on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about the spring simplicity look. I need another black v-neck to recreate this look! Those chunky heeled sandals from Nordstrom Rack just had me do a double take!

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect tee! It's a necessity! One of my favorite spring looks is a plain white tee, cropped jeans and a cute pair of sandals! Still obsessed with these sandals you and Carylee bought last year!! <3

    Hope your having a great week!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simple tee and white denim look as well as that sporty tee with the black sleeves, I almost got something similar a while back from Express and then got distracted by something sparkly lol. I do love your pinterest inspired looks!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all 3 of these looks! I always have trouble finding tees/tunics that are long enough to wear with leggings. I'm too tall, I think. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if you find the elusive white tee that is relaxed but not slobby, comfy and long enough to wear with leggings, let me know! i love the black top you're wearing with the white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eyes on one from Charlotte Russe but it looks pretty sheer online so I will check it out in person and let you know!

      Delete
  11. The distressed denim shorts and white denim skimmers that you are wearing are my faves! Great looks.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need more baseball tees in my life. I've decided, so thanks for the reminder! And I do love #1 as a travel outfit! Perfection! And appreciate your honesty about the back view in your real life recreation :)
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the moto jacket in your travel style is my favorite! Its always nice to have a light jacket on hand when you travel anyways! (esp if you don't have to pack it!)

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the baseball tee! My dad would be so proud if I wore one because it's his sport. I think the last outfit is my personal fave though. Black, white, and leopard looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post couldn't have come at a better time. We'll be travelling for Spring break and I'll take some inspiration from this post, Gina. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That spring simplicity look is just perfection!! All of these outfits are perfect for travelling and it's cool to see how these style board ideas actually look on. Hope you are having a great day Gina:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spring training is so me. I also have decided that when I travel, I will try to travel in style, but in comfort as well after this post.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finding the perfect white tee could be a post in itself! They are always too sheer, too short, too crew-neck, too low, or they shrink. If you find one, let me and everyone know. And I'll let you know if I find one. I am loving the sporty looks this spring and your baseball tee outfit is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all these looks, your style is so cute and effortless looking! Of course the outfit with the leopard shoes is my favorite, can't go wrong with classic B&W AND leopard ;-)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the travel outfit with the cardigan the most...it seems perfect for a long plane ride! Love your sandals - and the j.crew factory ones seem like a great alternative!

    MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥



    ReplyDelete
  21. Black + white + gray is my jammmm. Love this combo. You look amazing in those white skinnies, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all three looks, black, white and gray are my closet stable.

    ~ xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you're taking polyvore collages and bringing them to life, fantastic idea! All three looks are awesome on you, and I'm especially loving the leopard sandals with the black and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is great to see a body in these looks! I love the spring training look! I don't do casual so well so that set inspires me to try that look! I can always count on your to get my fashion juices flowing!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those Sam Edleman sandals are still available on Amazon for sizes 8 and 8.5. Sadly, not my size but some lucky girl should grab them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know! Thanks so much for the tip Mary! Hopefully someone will be able to get them in their size!

      Delete
  26. In love with your simple, chic, casual styling! Perfection! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all 3 of those outfits. They are great go-to outfits for anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are great outfits! I just came back from spring training in AZ and it was so hot, I was dying!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. three great looks and I would wear all of them. Thanks for linking up with the Thursday Files and I hope to see you at my thursday linkup http://www.alabouroflife.com/2015/03/two-for-one-link-up-for-labour-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Target has the best tunic tees!! I have a white one and a dark oatmeal colored one. I just saw a bunch of colors in my store yesterday (they had a huge rack with a nice display sign for the perfect tunic tee or something like that) but I can't find the shirt online at all. It's v-neck, a thicker kind of slinky material and they come down past your butt. Safe for leggings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip!! I went to Target about a week ago and made it a point to to wander through the clothes looking for a tunic tee! (I usually try to avoid the clothes so I don't go broke by accident) and I did not see them in mine. But I'll be at a different store location this week so I will definitely be on the lookout!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!