2/2/15

January Pin-Spired

|
It's the first post of the month so that means I'm linking up with Get Pin-spired and recapping my favorite outfits inspired by Pinterest from the last month.

First up: leggings. If you follow me on Instagram, you might notice I've put my leggings to good use this winter. The number one thing I never would have done without the influence of Pinterest is to pair them with cognac boots or booties. (And I do it all. the. time. now)
ONE: Sweater: Express (Similar) / Tank: Target / Leggings: Express / Boots: Target / Necklace: Forever 21

TWO: Cardigan: ExpressTank: TargetLeggings: ExpressBoots: Target / Necklace: Express

THREE: Chambray Shirt: J Crew FactoryTank: TargetLeggings: ExpressBooties: Forever 21 / Necklace: Express

Inspired by outfits like these:
Carylee / Lauren Conrad / Hilary Duff

If you missed a few posts here this month, here's the Reader's Digest version of some other Pin-spired outfits and posts from January.

1. The Baby-Sitters Club

I grew up reading the Baby-Sitters Club Series and gave each of the characters some updated outfits based on their style here and here.
London SweaterExpress / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target / Necklace: Express


2. Modern (Family) Mom Style

I discovered that I have "Glare" (Gloria + Claire) mom style in this post:
Portofino Shirt: Express / Mid Rise Jeans: Express / Belt: Express / Shoes: Express / Necklace: Charlotte Russe / Bracelet: Express


3. Friday Favorites

I wanted to try out the trend of contrasting outwear (more examples here), and instantly became a big fan:
Textured Knit Moto Jacket: Express / Cami: Express / Black Skinnies: Express / Peep Toe Booties: Target / Necklace: Express /


4. Lifeless Outfits

Ever since this post in October, I've really gotten into Pinning outfit sets like these that have just clothes, no body. I ran a few "brought to life" tests on some of my recent favorites in this post.

White Blouse: Express (Colors Vary) / Black Skinnies: Express / Shoes: Sole Society


5. Aquarius Style

Every month I highlight the style for the Astrological Sign of the month, and January 20-February 18 is Aquarius Season. That happens to be my own sign, and I didn't even have to re-create these outfits. My Aquarian Style (like Lauren Conrad and Jennifer Aniston) is 100% organic (more here).
Lauren Outfit: Striped London Sweater: Express / Dark Legging Jeans: Express / Peep Toe Booties: Forever 21 / Necklace: CCO

Jennifer Outfit:  Black Blazer: Piperlime / Black Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Olive Cargo Skinnies: Guess (Similar) / Belt: Express / Booties: Forever 21

* * *

Well I was quite the busy copycat bee this month! But I don't mind. I am not really concerned with having original fashion choices or outfit ideas. I just like to feel put together in whatever I wear and Pinterest most definitely helps me get there!


Shop the Post:






Get Pinspired Linkup:





Katie / Laura  & Erin /Alison Lindsey / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne / Tuesday Talk
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday (any topic is fine!)


Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express, and thanks for linking up!

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. Love that white jacket on you, Gina! I think I tried it on awhile ago but didn't care for it. You make it look really good. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leggings with the brown boots! Great combo. That black and white look with your white moto jacket is still one of my favorites!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love each and every outfit!! I totally grew up reading the Babysitter Club too!

    All your outfits are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That white jacket is amazing on you, and I love the way you recreated it! Lovely pinterest inspiration as always. Have an amazing week, dear Gina!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it that you find pin-spiration everywhere. Your legs were made for leggings. You look great in them! And I love that white jacket. Every time I see it on you, I make a mental note to check it out next time I'm at Express. Have a great week, Gina! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered a 6 pack of fleece lined leggings in different colors and I can't wait to start putting them to good use too. Nothing comfier than leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never disappoint! I really like #3 that moto jacket is everything...enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow someone indeed had an awesome month - I'll always be a fan of leggings with boots look!!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the outfits with the leggings and brown boots! I can't get through the winter without them!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your white jacket so much, I went to try it on at Express but I did not look good on me. All great inspo.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your contrasting outerwear and striped London sweater are some of my favorites here!! I like what you said about feeling good and put together with what you have on, rather than focusing on being original!! Bottom line is how it makes you feel, not where it came from :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have pinned a bazillion outfits of leggings with boots and never actually worn it... Need to fix that. I think it's because I just don't love my boots - but I do love yours! want!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love when you wear black and white looks! So classic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that lifeless outfit you created. So simple, so chic and so you. Express needs to hire you for in-person, real-life marketing, Gina. =)

    Have a happy Februrary hun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally I like you best in your 'Lifeless Outfit' kind of look. The tunic look suits you really well in my 10 cent opinion :) Thanks for letting me share here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute outfits! I love the striped top and tan shoes, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such fun outfit inspirations! Loved the BSC growing up!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are just darling and always do such a great job with your outfit recreations! And I'm so jealous of your cute and tiny figure!!!!! Thanks for linking up! xoxo, Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I looove the white and black look so much! Seriously that combo will never get old!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute look. I really like that blue and black outfit. Going to grab that belt as well.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looks! haha I love how you even based your outfit off the Babysitters Club cover, very cute. Rachel xo
    https://garaytreasures.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/blanket-scarf-and-red-sweater-dress-remix-co-hosting-mix-it-monday-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You recreate these looks perfectly! I often see things I would like to try myself, but then I forget. I need to actually look at my pins more often so I don't just let them go by the wayside. I think out of all of these, I like the "Lifeless outfit" look the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these Pin-spired posts, you've done an amazing job recreating the looks! Really loving the Modern family look on you and the cool white moto jacket!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are on dangerous blog to read... seriously! My shopping list has become huge, and before I read your blog I didn't even know what Express was, haha. On the list: 2 London sweaters, a dark chambray top, white moto jacket, green moto jacket AND a grey marled cardigan. Dangerous, I tell you. Now- what is the best time of year to be buying this stuff? I'm sure you have an idea of when they roll out their biggest sales by now :) xo

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your contrasting outwear look is probably one of my favorites, you suit that outfit so well BRAVO!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all of the leggings looks, I am living in them lately.

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know you think you are unoriginal, but there is still skill to the execution and interpretation of the outfits, which you are totally great at! You always have the best eye for what works for your body and lifestyle. Give yourself more credit!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the twist you did with the "Babysitter Club" look, no joke that was my fave as well and I still have pretty much the whole book set still in my closet! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  29. That middle black and white outfit is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gina, these are all so good! I love the cognac boots with the leggings, the white moto jacket outfit, and the olive cargos outfit, and then... who am I kidding, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love to buy hair and beauty products.
    Scfrank02@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Gina! I'm definitely going take a look at some 'lifeless' pins on pinterest! I'm already inspired by some of your looks here so I may have to steal a couple, tee hee :) I'm interested in your black and white look, the lifeless recreate and the olive pants inspired by Jennifer Anniston! Thanks for sharing all of these amazing looks!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the leggings and cognac boots look!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have been living in my leggings and congac boots- total staple for me! I love all of your outfit sets, they are so user friendly! You make getting dressed very inspiring for us all! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love everything about this recap, I don't even know where to start. I am stealing a few of this looks for my self that's for sure!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many great ideas and outfits! Love the cargo trousers & the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great outfits! Thanks for sharing & linking up for Tuesday Talk!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your style! I will be pinning many of your looks! Thanks for hosting the linkup! xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for linking up to Trend Spin! Loving all of the different outfit options. So inspired!
    Make sure to come linkup next week for NEON!

    xoxo
    Erin @ The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!