1/9/15

Friday Favorites 1/9/15

|
Welcome to the first Friday Favorites of 2015! The first part of my post is the Back in Stock edition. A lot of previously sold out items are back in stock, so if you missed them the first time, it's your lucky day!


1. Back in Stock Favorite:
First, my favorite Portofino shirt of the year, the Striped Portofino is back in stock. There were two different versions of this shirt. The first had black and white stripes, and the second (shown here) had navy:
Original posts by Rachelle / Carylee / Noelle 

For whatever reason, the black and white version of this shirt didn't work for me, but the navy was a winner:
Stock photo (buy it here) vs. Real life (other outfit pieces sold out except Steve Madden Booties


2. Back in Stock Favorite Two:
The next favorite item on the Back in Stock list is the Seamed Twill Cuff Sleeve Moto Jacket (only back in Navy and Ink Blue, shown here on Rachelle):

This has been a long time favorite of mine in the various colors that have been available since it was introduced. Here are just a few of the past colors with some outfit styling options:
Carylee / Skye / Me

3. Back in Stock New Favorite:
The last back-in-stock item is the Textured Knit Moto Jacket:

Stock photo (buy it here) / Ria / My Outfit

The Ivory version of this jacket sold out almost as soon as it hit the shelves in September. It's back now in Black, Ivory (shown above) and Shady Pink. The outfit on the right might look familiar from my Instagram feed - just sharing the traditional front-view here.


4. Clearance Favorite:
Another popular item now on clearance is the  V Neck Double Zip Vent Tunic Sweater.  This was a favorite with bloggers and Instagrammers this year- check this post for lots of other styling options:



5. EXP Core Sale:
This year I'm going to try to work the current promotional products into my Friday posts when possible since a Promotion + Coupon (if you have them) is usually the best time to buy something outside of Black Friday sales. Right now the entire EXP Core line is 30% off, and since I'm in the market for some updated workout clothes, I tried on a few things on in store for sizing:

Colorblock Zip Front Jacket
Fit notes for this jacket: No surprises here. This one runs true to size and has side pockets as well as thumbholes on the sleeves.

EXP Core Relaxed Tank + EXP Core Mesh Racerback Sports Bra 
Fit notes for EXP Core Relaxed Tank: This also runs true to size. I'm wearing an XS and I thought the fit was perfect. Relaxed as the name implies, but still fitted. It looks a little darker gray in person than online. Also available in white. I'm wearing the this Racerback Sports Bra underneath, and just for the purposes of the photo, I hiked the bra up in front to have it show more under the tank. In actuality it was lower cut and not a great fit for me (I'm wearing a Small in the sports bra).

EXP Core 2-in-1 Bra Tank
Fit Notes for EXP Core 2-in-1 Bra Tank: I'm wearing a Small in this picture, and I'd say this top runs smaller than smaller than average Express sizing. The sports bra part has pretty substantial removable padding, so it would probably add a cup size to your look if that's your thing. In the pictures I think it looks like this fits me, but in real life the bra felt too snug and uncomfortable (with too much push-up for my taste) so I didn't end up getting this.


6. Favorite Workout Lately:
Back in June I shared my full fitness routine in this post, but since it's the New Year and I'm sure plenty of people have new fitness goals, I thought I'd share that my favorite fitness instructor recently  put out a new series:

Nine workouts on seven DVDs and I love every single one of them. If you're looking for a new fitness challenge for 2015 or interested in working out at home, I highly recommend this set!

* * *
As always, thanks for stopping by and checking out a few of my favorites this week. On Monday I have a fun, nostalgic pop culture collaboration lined up so I hope you'll come back and check it out!

Shop the Post:





Linking up with:

Shanna Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Victoria / Tara Fashion Friday /
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /Rachelle & Charnele /


CONVERSATION

30 comments:

  1. It's funny how a slight color change makes a difference with the striped top! I love that textured knit moto jacket!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you reviewed the ripped hiit, I was so tempted to get it. That white knit jacket is so tempting but I know I don't need it.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those moto jackets! I still have a little bit to spend on my Express gift card. I think I see a shopping session for me in my near future. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. And know you've got me shopping!
    XoXO,
    Kat
    http://www.katwalksf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm really loving some of their work out gear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue moto jacket and stripe shirt are a good item to get. They look really good and no doubt goes with everything.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, good stuff on here!!! Working from the bottom up...I LOVE HIIT workouts! While I don't typically follow a video (anymore) I can see why people would love the new DVD you've shown here!! I've always wondered about Express's workout gear...it's never my first place to shop when I think about stocking up on athletic items. Glad to see your reviews of each piece! Great moto jackets...love that they are twill & textured knit!! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo excited about the knit moto jacket! I picked it up in black and seriously debated on getting it in the other 3 colors haha. It will be a nice alternative to a leather jacket this year!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh i want that striped portofino.

    ReplyDelete
  10. but i'm gonna wait till they have a sale (keep an eye out for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whyyyyyy can't it come back in olive???! I was so excited then saw your disclaimer on the available colors. Life is so HARD.
    You make me want to buy workout gear though! That black and white colorblock jacket is awesome!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and! Looking and the navy and white next to the black and white- the navy and white stripes are closer together. That makes a huge difference on wearability which is so weird. The wider spaced black stripes read more prisoner to me. Im so glad I got the navy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving that striped blouse! Would work with so many things!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/2014/12/camel-sweater-and-black-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those moto jackets! I could own one in every color. I also love all the exercise clothes Express has come out with. That jacket especially is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing that striped shirt styled so many different ways!! What a great closet staple :) Hope you have a marvelous weekend!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing looks! Love that bright yellow skirt :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that white moto jacket! It is so cute. Have a great weekend!!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear Rachelle wears everything so effortlessly, I love that cami and blouse shes wearing!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't realize Express sold workout gear. Looks like some great pieces! I love my black and white striped Portofino. Rachelle is always pairing things together so well. I love that cami. A good moto jacket never goes out of style!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really interested in checking their new workout gear! Nate and I cancelled one gym membership but signed up for another that is smaller and only a block from our place so we can jog there and back! I need some workout clothes so I'll be at Express in the next week!

    And as always, thank you for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these items. I have that exact same skirt and I love it so much! I also love that striped top, I need to get myself one. I didn't know Express sold workout gear! Some great pieces!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love HIIT! The best way to sweat and loose some flab ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. See and this is why I can't...I just can't...not open your email and see there are more than a few things I NEED. I need that workout jacket. I need those strappy heels in black (F21). I'm going to stay strong but I must tell you that when I was running with my husband yesterday morning, I asked him how many running jackets does he own. His response was 6, and mine was 1 (only bc I can't run with lots of clothes on I don't care how cold it is, I end up stripping mid run <----true story). But I do NEED that B&W one. If I don't buy it and he does, then that is not a purchase I made. See where I'm getting at.

    Good day, doll!
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! Love the moto jackets and Core workout gear! You have nicely toned arms girly!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. First off, those shoes in the post with the red bottoms are gorgeous! Where are they from if you don't mind me asking? Secondly, the twill ivory jacket is beautiful and I might just have to get it. Finally, and most importantly, I read back on your old fitness posts and you are so inspiring and amazing! I have so much respect for you-- you worked for your body and treat it well, and it shows. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celena - thank you so much for your kind words! Of course I don't mind you asking about the shoes. :) In the pic you're referring to my sandals are from Forever 21, called The Modernist. I haven't seen them in stock lately but I hope that helps!

      Delete
  26. Great items here! Those moto jackets are to die for.

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!